Start by marking “The Insecure Writer's Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond” as Want to Read:
The Insecure Writer's Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond

The Insecure Writer's Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Tapping into the expertise of over a hundred talented authors from around the globe, The IWSG Guide to Publishing and Beyond contains something for every writer. Whether you are starting out and need tips on the craft of writing, looking for encouragement as an already established author, taking the plunge into self-publishing, or seeking innovative ways to market and prom ...more
Published December 1st 2014 by Dancing Lemur Press L.L.C. (first published November 28th 2014)

Juneta Key I have had several on Goodreads do that from the link here, but when I searched the title or author on Amazon I located it. That has happened a lot to…moreI have had several on Goodreads do that from the link here, but when I searched the title or author on Amazon I located it. That has happened a lot to me lately on this site. If you search the title it will come up on Amazon. (less)

Bob Milne
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
Awesome collection of tips, advice, and encouragement - proud to be a part of it. You can find my contribution under Part Three: Marketing.
Chrys Fey
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“The Insecure Writer’s Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond” is THE guidebook for writers looking for advice. This book is divided into three categories: writing, publishing and marketing...three things that all writers concern themselves with. Countless articles from experienced writers make up this collection, covering nearly every possible topic from flash fiction writing, character development, self-publishing, querying, social media marketing, self-promoting and much more! This is a ...more
Medeia Sharif
Nov 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an invaluable writing resource separated into three sections: writing, publishing, and marketing. If you’re a writer or would like to be one, this is a go-to book, and surely one to read again. Days after finishing it, I reread certain parts relevant to the current stage of my writing journey. This has something for everyone.
Elizabeth Seckman
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent resource and a great introduction to one of the best, free writer's groups on the web. When I first started out in writing, I didn't have a clue. All I had was a desire to write and get published. I stumbled onto the IWSG by chance and it rescued not only my writing dreams, but my sanity. It's a large group of writers banded together to offer support, guidance, hope, and networking and this is their offer of help.
Michelle
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent compilation for all writers, no matter what stage of the journey you're at. There is something for everyone, whether you write novels, poetry, memoirs, flash fiction or non-fiction; from the newbie to the veteran.
It contains advice from over a hundred authors, which makes it an interesting collection of 'writerly' voices, styles and perspectives.
This amazing resource is the perfect desk top companion or nightstand accessory.
Adan Ramie
Handy little inspirational book

Overall, this was a helpful, inspiring little book. Of the essays within, some were good, some were great, and there were a couple of duds. But it's worth the time for the positivity and a some gems within.
Chelo Biggerstaff
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gold Hidden in the Dross

This book was very useful in places, not as useful in others. That's to be expected in a guide like this (which is really a series of essays), and if that were the only issue, I'd drop five stars and be done with it.

However, two of the essays were worse than useless: they had useful information I had to translate before I could make sense of it. One was written entirely in rhyme. The other was written in puns, homophones, and other confusing constructs. Because of this, I
Heather M. Gardner
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Incredible resource from an awesome group!
I'm proud to be a member of the Insecure Writer's Support Group.
The group and it's founder, Alex J. Cavanaugh, are wonderfully supportive to the writing/blogging community.
To celebrate the group anniversary, they published a book to help writer's even more!
This book is for anyone who needs help with or has questions about writing, publishing and marketing.
Download it today!
You won't be disappointed.
Thank you to all the IWSG Admins and Alex for their hard
Juneta Key
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So many authors with great writing advice, tips and insights. Lots info about publishing, staying motivated as a writer, brainstorming, beat sheets, marketing, character development, critique partners, word sprinting, voice, self-editing, backstory, and the author mindset by many authors. There is a little something about everything writing. I know I learned a lot reading it and found some motivation and its available free.

**Disclosure: This is an author review. I have an article in this anthol
Sherry Ellis
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Insecure Writer's Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond is a compilation of advice from over a hundred authors. There's information about writing, formatting, publishing, and marketing. Even those who are seasoned writers will glean new information and inspiration from this book.

Each chapter is written by a different author, so styles vary. Some are very informative, some are inspiring, and others are just plain funny (especially the last entry). The good thing, is there's something f
Michelle Athy
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
I'm not one of those writers who finds a lot of craft books helpful. (Full disclosure: I'm in this anthology). But this guide has a range of advice and experience from a variety of writers and I think that is this book's strength. If a writer doesn't feel he or she meshes with one essay, perhaps the writer can glean something from the next one.
Deborah
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great tips for any aspiring author.

There's still a lot I need to know as someone looking to publish, so I'm glad there were so many perspectives on each part of the writing journey. I will be looking back at this constantly. Thanks, my co-writers!
Melissa Hazelwood
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A helpful read for every writer!
L.S.
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
So good, I joined the group!
Coquille Fleur
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of writing and publishing advice. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to write a novel and publish it.
L. Wolfe
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicholas
Feb 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Some useful essays on the various aspects of being a writer
Joylene Butler
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Doreen McGettigan
Aug 03, 2016
Kameron Easler
Mar 29, 2018
Anna Simpson
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Denise Covey
Feb 23, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: adding a book I am a contributor to 3 16 Mar 14, 2015 08:23PM
I'm a science fiction writer on a journey of discovery...
I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and work in web design, graphics and technical editing. I'm also the guitarist in a Christian rock band. A fan of all things science fiction, my interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online I'm the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. I'm the author of the
More about Alex J. Cavanaugh