Start by marking “Contractual” as Want to Read:
Contractual

Contractual

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,013 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews
They told me I’d be an escort; they made it sound so easy.

Really I’m just a high priced call girl.

Desperation brought me to this and it led me to him, my one and only client.

Hating him is easy, he reminds me of my shame.

Wanting him is wrong it fills me with guilt.

Loving him is a losing battle yet it’s become everything.

A gift and a curse, he consumes my every thought and I
Published January 26th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Contractual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Contractual

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
The best way I could possibly describe this book would be to say it was lukewarm. It started off well enough, had all the right ingredients but for some reason the story started losing momentum as it progressed. Now if you know me well you'll know I love alpha males, but Jackson's character felt a little too desperate and Sage just seemed a little too meek and a little to sorry for herself. Making the story seem contrived?

I need a little more background info on a character in order to connect.
Bev
I love AMT's books, she does alphaholes that have to work for their redemption so well. And Jackson played the part perfectly, though I loved his sweetness that went hand in hand with the arsehole :D
Anna
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
****ARC received in exchange for honest review****

May contain mild spoilers:

Well, she did it again. I managed to have ANOTHER sleepless night because I was up reading WAYYY too late.

Ok, so Jackson is an @hole. No beating around the bush on that one. He's filthy rich and good looking. He knows women only want him because of his money, so he avoids relationships. He also had a rotten mother, so that doesn't help his issues when it comes to relationships.

Then there's Sage. She comes from a lousy fa
Saunders
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With walls closing in on her and running out of money, desperation makes Sage answer an advert for a job as a massage therapist. Sage soon realizes that the expectations of the job went beyond using her hands, she was expected to provide a "happy ending". The job description was to be an Escort providing a certain brand of happiness to elite clientele.

Enter Jackson Stone - smart, successful and handsome but a complete asshole. Sex for him is purely a business transaction. All he is looking for i
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is the first book I've read by this author but it certainly won't be the last as I loved it. This is a one sitting story- well it was for me:)

Alone and desperate Sage ends up working as an escort, something she certainly didn't want to do. This is when she meets Jackson Stone. They don't realise that both their lives are about to change forever. As I kept reading I went from disliking Jackson to really liking him. Loved the storyline-kinda reminded me of Pretty Woman.

Both characters have a
Rude Girl Book Blog
Contractual was fast-paced, addictive, and scorching hot. I LOVED IT!!!

This is a standalone romance about two people from opposite worlds brought together by chance and kept together by love. Jackson Stone is at the top of his game, achieving all his business aspirations and firmly planted in bachelorhood.

“Romantic love is not a concept that I’m familiar with or interested in familiarizing myself with. Love is for the weak, everyday people looking for soul mates, a partner to witness their life
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jackson Stone doesn't believe in romantic love. He thinks it's useless, makes people weak, and there is no way in hell that he'll ever fall victim to its prey. But a man like him has needs and lately, satisfying those needs has come with unwanted complications. Jackson decides he needs a professional.

Enter Sage Turner: a woman who moved to New York, but is struggling to make ends meet. She has no other choice but to work as an escort with only the one client. He is a man she hates, wants, and ca
Christine
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I usually stay away from books where the heroine is the escort in the story. However, this one was more. The heroine is not a whore.
Sage followed her boyfriend and his daughter to New York City from Indiana. Shortly after arriving to NYC, Sage finds her boyfriend having sex on their bed with a neighbor. Sage has no job, no money and is being threatened with an eviction. She sees an ad in the paper for a masseuse. She thinks she can do it since she took some classes years before. However, when s
Fleurs et Reves
Jan 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
I have one word to say about this book : P-R-E-D-I-C-T-A-B-L-E

description
Monica **can't read fast enough**
I am going to admit that I seriously considered putting this book down after reading the first encounter between Jackson and Sage. It was rough and unpleasant to say the least. However, I am very glad that I didn't give into my initial knee jerk reaction and walk away from the story. Jackson could really run for the title of King of All Jerks and give almost anyone a run for their money. Cold, indifferent, and completely self centered are all fair assessments of the initial Jackson that we meet. ...more
Abby McCarthy
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Abby's review 5 stars

"They're all looking to be the one.... the one who makes me want to take a chance on a real relationship. To that, I say fuck no."

Jackson

Alice Tribue's talent shines in waves in this book! Waves people! When I read the synopsis for this book, no way did I ever think that this would be an emotional read, but it was. Why is that? It's because Alice Tribue dives so easily into her characters hearts and lets you feel everything they are feeling.

Sage is desperate. You feel her de
Heather andrews
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I did have my reservations about this book I'm not entirely sure why, but honestly I was worried for nothing. Jackson that boy is...well a tad bit rough around the edges, alright he's all a**hole when we first meet him, "I want you to suck my c*** for lunch," I think Sage works some voodoo on that man because slowly, piece by piece he starts to unthaw, and it's like the damn tinman getting a heart from the Wizard of Oz:
"I didn't think you actually wanted to have lunch with me."
"I'm not that
❤ Tila Grey Maddox ❤
Three Chicks
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Natasha Gentile

They told me I’d be an escort; they made it sound so easy.
Really I’m just a high priced call girl.

With those two sentences you are sucked in, and don’t lie and shake your head no, you know that you are intrigued…

Meet Jackson, 35-year-old big time CEO, hard-nosed professional, commanding, condescending, hot and sometimes the biggest ass that you might ever meet. You see this man doesn’t have time to date, he also doesn’t want any commitments or feeling
Kim Howlett
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book so much. It was a great story line that had a fairytale feel to it, but also reminded me of the film Pretty Women, which in it self is very fairytale like.
Sage is the poor women that moved to live with her boyfriend and daughter to get away from her nasty family, abusive father and disgusting brother. Only after moving she finds her boyfriend in bed with the neighbour, leaving poor Sage with not enough money to cover the rent and live. She gets fired from her job, is about to
Rebecca
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The rules of the contract are as followed:

Every encounter is to be ~
Casual
Uncomplicated
Unemotional
The liaisons are for one purpose only – they are seen as a means to an end
Everything is contractual
This is the business transaction that Jackson Stone and Sage Turner enter into together as their individual interests thrust them into this unconventional situation.

Jackson Stone is a shrewd businessman – one who doesn’t have time for complications or entanglements besides the ones that occur in the be
ByoBook Club
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jess
Sleepless night = Loved it!

"Love is for the weak, everyday people looking for soul mates, a partner to witness their life. There's nothing in my life that I wish for someone else to witness."

It has been awhile since there was a character I disliked as much as Jackson Stone. He is an ass, when you look the word up in the dictionary his face should be there. Devastatingly beautiful, wealthy with a black-hole where his heart should have been. He doesn't do love, his life is too busy for complicatio
Jos
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars Great

I was really looking forward to this book and of course, it didn't disappoint! This is my second book by the very talented Author Alice Montalvo-Tribue and I absolutely love her writing style and naturally, her stories:)

Some slight spoiler(s) ahead: Read with Caution

The half star deduct, well, I wanted to see just a tad bit more on them and their relationship, the latter part of the story just went by too fast and without "details" ..... For me there were a few loose ends that I w
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
I really enjoyed reading Contractual by Alice Tribue. This was my first book that I have read by her. It is a sexy little read and I almost read it straight through. You know my pesky night job got in the way. I even talked with my coworkers about this book. Which I don't talk much about what I read but, I was definitely excited with this book!

It is a little Pretty Woman'ish but, not exactly. I know that is kind of vague but, if you read the book you might feel the same. Contractual is about Sag
Rob
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to give this full marks because I thought it was very well written, I enjoyed the story and I really liked the characters.

Sage, strange name but a very strong character. I liked how she was a bit sassy and protected herself from Jackson. She hated doing what she was doing, but she felt there was no alternative for her. The fact that she was still applying for jobs, gave me hope that she wouldn’t be doing this forever. Silly really because the ending/outcome was always going to be a HEA!

Ja
Sanne Heremans
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha-male, favorite
*** ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Sanne / Scandalous Book Blog***

This is exactly my kind of book - Pretty straightforward with an a*Hole alpha who is to die for!

I do not have many words to describe this one really... I just really liked the writing style and flow of the story, it's just one of those that you cannot but love.

Oh and do not start this one when you don't have time to finish because you WILL want to finish it in one sitting, I now I did! Before I knew it it was 3AM
Ruth
This started off soo good. I'm a sucker for a hero that starts off as an ass!?%!. And the hero (Jackson) was definitely that. (view spoiler)

I really enjoyed this book until near the end...I can't really put my finger on it, but it seemed to fall a little flat for
beth myrick
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, this little gem I really liked.

At first I had my doubts. But as I read I found I couldn't put it down. I felt at times Sage could be seen as too forgiving or questions doormat, but she also gave as good as she got. She was simply a smart woman who knew when and what battles to pick. Jackson's personality included a hothead trait that could be hurtful, but he would apologise. He could have been a hero that made no apologies. All in all, some how this book worked for me.
J
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Liked this book. Read it in one morning. Kind of "Pretty Womanish" with a girl driven to become an escort because of circumstances and a egotistical rich businessman who doesn't want a relationship but has to have his "needs" met. A good match most of the time, she speaks her mind and he always eventually realizes when he's being an ass (and he is a royal ass at times). This book flowed really well, a pleasure to read.
Emily

Liz
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
J. McCoy
Mar 16, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a good book. Well worth the .99. I think it could have been better had it gone more into the childhood trauma that she experienced.
Carmen
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really like Alice Tribue's storytelling. I think her writing just gets better with each new novel. This book no exception. It was a great read with a"Pretty Woman" feel to it. Highly recommend it.
Susan W
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2015, angst, pov-both
Easy light read with angst and steam. The ending was a little anti-climatic but I enjoyed the book.
  • A Taste of Summer (Beyond the Mathews Family, #1)
  • The Price of a Bride
  • Degrade (Flawed, #1)
  • Dare Me (Dare To Love)
  • Falling for Fate (Second Chance, #2)
  • Her Old-Fashioned Boss (Old Fashion Man, #4)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • Mastering The Marquess (Bound and Determined, #1)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Escaped Artist (Untamed #3)
  • I Am Atlas (Playing God, #1)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Heads Or Tails (The Fairytail Saga, #3)
  • Carry Your Heart (Carry Your Heart, #1)
  • The Devil Behind Me (The Devil Trilogy, #1)
  • Beware (Beware, #1)
  • Slipperless (Slipperless, #1)
  • Forever a Jett Girl (The Bourbon Series, #3)
Alice Tribue is a bestselling author of contemporary romance novels. She is currently living in New Jersey with her two children and spends as much of her free time as she can by the beach. She enjoys reading, writing, and an unhealthy addiction to coffee.
More about Alice Montalvo-Tribue

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)