Start by marking “How I Found the Write Path: A Compilation of Letters” as Want to Read:
How I Found the Write Path: A Compilation of Letters

How I Found the Write Path: A Compilation of Letters

In this endearing compilation, over sixty authors share letters written to their past selves, candidly sharing what they might not always discuss in public. The hope is that those of you who haven’t published will learn from their experiences. And those of you who have published? Well, you just might realize you’re not alone.

Further contributors are:
E. Arroyo
Eleyne-Mari
Published September 7th 2014 (first published September 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about How I Found the Write Path, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How I Found the Write Path

Start your review of How I Found the Write Path: A Compilation of Letters
Theresa Milstein
I'm so proud to be part of this compilation. It was fun to think of the writer I used to be in all my naivety and to see how far I've come. I enjoyed reading other writers' journeys even more. New writers will (hopefully) learn from our mistakes, and I hope all writers will be inspired.
Michelle
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gets 5 stars.
A batch of heartfelt letters written by authors. Really unique. I doubt you'll find another collection like this in a hurry...
These are some points that captured my attention:
1. The three P's - patience, perseverance, passion.
2. Write down your ideas, you WILL forget them later.
3. Practice creative altruism - it's all about supporting others, and in doing so you're supporting yourself too.
4. Schedule time for writing.
5. Celebrate every milestone, no matter how big or
Jade Eby
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm SO proud to be a contributing author to this book! It's seriously a WONDERFUL compilation of authors at every stage in their career talking about how they began writing, keep writing and giving their best advice. What's better is that it's FREE!!!

Thank you to Carrie Butler and P.K. Hrezo for the amazing work they did to get this put together. It's a great source of inspiration and motivation for writers and I LOVE that they wanted to give back to other authors with this.
Chrys Fey
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every article/letter in this eBook offers such great wisdom. There is something for every writer, in every stage of their career, to learn. I am honored to be one of the contributors and to be among such wonderful writers. A huge thanks to Carrie Butler and PK Hrezo for bringing this compilation to life.
Karen
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great compilation of wisdom, wit, and wonderful support for writers at every level. These writers know their stuff, and it's helpful and encouraging to glean from their experiences. They touch on so many things that are important to know before and during the writing journey. Excellent advice - I highly recommend this book!
Medeia Sharif
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was great reading the original blog posts from these authors, and I was fortunate to join and be included in this project. To have all the letters in one place for easy reading and as a writing resource is wonderful. Kudos to Butler and Hrezo for putting these letters together in an ebook.
Heather M. Gardner
Look at the list of awesome writers in this compilation!
I'm honored to be among them.
What a great way to share advice and individual experiences with other writers.
I'm enjoying every entry!
So many thanks to Carrie Butler and PK Hrezo for putting in all the time and effort.
Elizabeth Seckman
Excellent book for the aspiring writer. This book is filled with inspiring stories from writers who have been in the trenches and are surviving. And this book points out that there isn't one single path to achieving the writing dream.
Scarlet Knight
Oct 10, 2016
Anne
Oct 15, 2014
Denise Covey
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: craft-books
Dani
Apr 09, 2015
Kyra
Latresha Byrd
Oct 28, 2014
Seth Z. Herman
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katie Doyle
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Eleyne-Mari Sharp
Aug 14, 2016
Nancy Walker
Oct 07, 2018
Katie
Sep 17, 2019

• Fix Your Amazon Book Listing and SELL MORE BOOKS: An Indie Author and Self-Publishing Marketing Guide
  • The Other Side
  • World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
  • Chosen (The Cassandra Programme #1)
  • The God Delusion
  • VIRO: Book One
  • Asteria
  • Plague Wars: Infection Day: The First Trilogy: Three apocalyptic sci-fi technothriller adventures (Plague Wars Series Book 12)
  • Land of Nod, The Prophet (Land of Nod, #2)
  • Hope
  • Face It
  • Good Sister, Bad Sister (Heart of the Staff, #1)
  • Faster
  • Dark Game (DI Kelly Porter, #1)
  • Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger Knights Cross
  • Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
  • Consciousness Beyond Life: The Science of the Near-Death Experience
  • Hell Hath No Fury
Carrie Butler is an award-winning author and the owner of Forward Authority full-service studio—not to mention an inbound-certified marketer with a penchant for superhero socks and Firefly. Time away from her desk is spent playing with her rescue pup, yelling at the TV during hockey season, and indulging in target-based recreation. Otherwise, you’re likely to find her glued to her chair, ...more