Start by marking “Dead Wrong” as Want to Read:
Dead Wrong

Dead Wrong

Lynnette is a woman on the run from her abusive cop husband, but she’s dead wrong about who’s chasing her. A thug known as Fat Ass Sammy Grick carelessly switches laptop cases at the airport and puts Lynnette in greater danger from Sammy’s boss and the killer sent to retrieve the laptop contents. Then Lynnette finds out her husband was murdered and she’s a person of intere ...more
Published November 19th 2014 by Five Star/Cengage (first published November 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Wrong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Wrong

Anne Wright
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: crime, chase, womens stories,
Recommended to Anne by: goodreads first reads
Dead Wrong by Patricia Stoltey

I was grabbed on the first page, wonderful, I would have wished for a little longer book, which includes more description's of character's and places. Also more history behind a person to fill out the persons motivation.

I loved Lynnette from the first she is strong and was not going to stand for the treatment her husband Carl has just metered out. When he hits her she decides to leave him. I wish so many more women had that strength but the majority of women would n
sue
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it

I would like to start off by saying a Thank You to Patricia Stoltey for sending me this book via post for me to read and review.

The opening chapters take you in very well, and keeps your attention. However, the way it is written where it swaps and changes can be a bit confusing until you get the hang of how this author is working her book, once I got that, I found it much easier to continue.

The plot was good, the narration felt a bit weak, but with a bit of tweaking this could be a very good boo
Charlie
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, fiction
What a NICE surprise reading this mystery story by Patricia Stoltey. DEAD WRONG is one of those mystery type stories that keeps you wanting to turn that page to see what's going to happen next. AND sure enough Stoltey keeps pulling out yet another twist to the adventures that takes place in Florida, Colorado and California.
This is not a difficult read or not that hard to comprehend. Stoltey keeps you informed with little doses of character reminders throughout the story.
AND yes I did win this
Natasha
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I typically read before to help me go to sleep. But Dead Wrong kept me up! Because the pace was exciting and wondering who was chasing who was intriguing. Plus the chapters are quick and short so I kept saying, just one more chapter then I'll go to bed and before I knew it I was further along in the book. Loved that it was partially set in Colorado since I know the airport and the area outside of Fort Collins. And there were some characters that truly stood out. Check it out and see if I'm dead ...more
Mark Stevens
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
From the opening sentence, Lynette Foster is staggering. Reeling. “She raised her head and stared at her fingers, now smeared with red streaks. Liquid oozed down her throat when she tilted her head back. She gagged and coughed.”

Patricia Stoltey starts "Dead Wrong" mid-fight—a domestic dispute. Her husband, a cop, has been demoted for over-zealously trying to break up a fight. “Punks.” (Talk about a theme ripped from today’s headlines.) Carl, the cop, starts slamming doors and acting ornery, then
Simon Taylor
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Dead Wrong has an exciting premise: an accidental suitcase switch sees a dangerous criminal and runaway wife entangled in a dangerous game. It's not original but it's the collision of lives that makes for a thrilling read.

The opening scene is brilliantly written and draws the reader straight into the drama, and Stotley's narration adapts to suit the voice of each scene's key character.

Despite all of these ingredients, Dead Wrong fails to pull it off. Fat Sammy is irredeemably unpleasant, with ma
Carl
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dead Wrong’s heroine, Lynette Foster, on the run from an abusive husband, accidentally switches carry-on luggage with Fat-Ass Sammy Grick, triggering an increasingly vicious pursuit which Lynette doesn't understand until well into the story. Along the way, she is forced to accept responsibility for a young girl whose reasons for being on her own keep changing.

When the police find Lynette's husband was murdered a few hours after she walked out, she becomes their chief suspect. Now she’s being hun
Caitlin Janke
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received an advanced copy through goodreads firsts.
This was definitely a different story. In dead wrong you follow Lynnette a woman on the run from her from her abusive husband. As she tries to get away she accidentally switches her case with a thug. Before Lynnette realizes it she has people other then her husband after her and has pulls some unlikely allies in to her escape with her.
Dead wrong is a stand alone novel and has many different points of views through out the book. I found the a
Cheryl
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Woah, Ms. Stoltey.......I just finished your book, Dead Wrong. I was on the edge of my seat from paragraph one. It was such an exciting read. Could not put it down. I won this book through a sweeps on Goodreads.com, thanks for the autograph. I look forward to reading more of your books.
Elizabeth
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not great, but entertaining
Crystal Petersma foster
Good story, but an anticlimactic rushed ending that didn't do the rest of the book justice.
Donna
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining!
Maggie D'Amato Goins
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great read. Thanks, Patricia Stoltey.
Kerrie
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fast-paced novel that keeps you wanting more. Great characters, great story-line, great book!
Donna
Jan 22, 2016
J.A. Kazimer
Oct 01, 2014
Sat
rated it did not like it
Nov 03, 2016
  • Mr. Boardwalk
  • Growing Up In East Germany
  • Fish Tales: The Guppy Anthology
  • The Great Hawk
  • Lucky's Way (Winds of Change, #2)
  • Fatal Descent (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery, #3)
  • The Potato Chip Champ: Discovering Why Kindness Counts
  • The Truth Hurts (Marie Lightfoot, #3)
  • Noisy Bird Sing-Along
  • Small Change, Big Gains: Reflections of an Energy Entrepreneur
  • Lost Stories of the Earth: The Unusual, Wicked, and Just Plain Wacky Histories of Caves in the United States
  • How to Seduce a Ghost (Lee Bartholomew, #1)
  • Mary Jemison: Native American Captive
  • Searching for Silverheels
  • Cold Feet (Stella Lavender Mystery, #1)
  • Leaden Skies (Silver Rush, #3)
  • Prairie Grace
I grew up on a farm in central Illinois and have also lived in Oklahoma, Indiana, the south of France, and Florida. A retired accounts payable manager, I currently reside in Colorado with my husband Bill, Sassy Dog, and Katie Cat.

My first two novels, the Sylvia and Willie mysteries "The Prairie Grass Murders" and "The Desert Hedge Murders" are available as e-books for Kindle and Nook.

"Dead Wrong"