Start by marking “One Simple Memory (Memories#1)” as Want to Read:
One Simple Memory (Memories#1)

One Simple Memory (Memories#1)

Jenn Samos lived a quiet life. Loved and sheltered by her family and friends, she knew nothing of the huge secret being kept from her growing up.

Deeply in love with her best friend, the man she thought would be hers forever. One little argument and he was gone. She never understood why.

Now three years later, he’s back. And with him, her world as she knows it, comes crashin
Published October 20th 2015 by Booktrope Publishing (first published July 28th 2014)

Lynn Smith
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author for an honest review

I love second chance romances. Getting another chance at the one who got away. This book delivers that and so much more. For a debut novel that author did an excellent job. Jenn is kidnapped, why she doesn't know, she hasn't done anything or know anything. Sean her kidnapper just wants to keep her safe. Yes, he kidnapped her but he couldn't go against his father yet at the same time Jenn was his first love and he had to save her. She just
Rebecca Wheeler
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Firstly, congrats to this author for following her dreams, and writing her first novel! This was a good first effort, and I look forward to reading her future books.
Writing style is very good and natural
Conversations have a great natural flow
Editing: don't think I found one error or editing issue, great proof reading!
The start of this story captured my imagination straight away, it actually made me put down another book I was loving, to continue this story.
It was a story of capture and on the ru
Amy Rogers
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to beta read this book and watch Jean grow as a writer from the beginning to the end. I loved the story of Jenn and Sean. Watching them grow as people and pulling for them to end up together. It was quite the journey and adventure. The story had a nice flow and alway kept you turning the page to find out what was going to happen. Congratulations Jean on your debut book! I can't wait to see what else you have coming next!
United Indie Book Blog
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
An apt title because that is all it will take to save Jenn from the predicament she finds herself in ....

Rewind to the beginning :

James , Jenn's father,works for Connor Green and he seems like a dark and shay character. James took something from Connor so Connor , in turn , takes something from James , in return , a tit for tat game except Connor takes violently and cruelly. Poor Jenn was witness to this horrific incident OMW !

Jenn may have " forgotten" the traumatic events of her childhood but
Ashley Books and Warpaint
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book starts out with a feud between the two main character’s fathers and that’s what all the trouble stems from. Jenn and Sean are childhood friends who go in drastically different directions. Jenn lives a normal life while Sean goes into a life of crime. My views on the characters are pretty extreme. Basically, I love Jenn and want to choke Sean. I wonder how in the world a grown man can not find a way to live his own life versus being stuck under your criminal father’s thumb. Sean’s fathe ...more
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
*I received a copy in exchange of an honest review*
Hmm...good debut novel. This was a fast-paced book with a great premise. There is a veil of mystery surrounding our characters right from the first page. Jenn, our heroine, is kidnapped by a masked man and taken to an unfamiliar place. Fearful and confused, she is shocked by the familiar eyes gazing at her from beneath the ski mask. The man seems a bit familiar but she cannot really place him.
Sean is forced to abduct the love of his life/childho
Penny
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy by the author for an honest review.

Poor Jenn. As a little girl she sees her mother being murdered. The only two people she seems to have are her father and Sean. Sean is her best of friend from as early as she can remember. Until one day he wasn't. Just as she was ready to lay it out there and tell him how she felt he walked away. She never knew why.

Fast forward two years and Jenn is kidnapped from her home only to find out her kidnapper is her former best friend and one true
Mary Stanford
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.

I had a really hard time connecting with this book, and I am not sure why. The "hero" didn't have any real sense of safety, and he was supposed to be keeping her safe. It was a fast paced, suspenseful, romance book. There was a lot of grammar errors, and missing or miss used words and that drove me crazy. The book just kind of ended, it gave to an idea of what happened to the other characters but not enough for me. I felt that you could tell th
Jessica Kurvers
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I hate writing reviews, I personally don't read them, I am bad at writing them, but I understand how important they are to authors and sales. So here goes :)

I was a beta reader for this book and I was lucky enough to watch the progression of both the story and the characters develop. Characters that draw you in, make you cheer for them, feel their joys and hurts. That for me is the most important thing in a book. A beautiful love story, with the right amount of angst and drama. Give this new au
Melissa Cheslog
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jenn is a sweet character that has lived a tough life but has overcome a lot. Sean was her best friend growing up until one day when he walked out of her life. She then becomes part of Sean's father's revenge upon her own father and Sean is back in her life. The book is action packed and fast paced. It is suspenseful and captivating. The plot thickens and twists as the story unfolds. I found the book to be well written and a good story to read. I look forward to more from this new author.
sue
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours, romance
One Simple Memory by Jean Kelso

This was a very good first book. I've read lots of books, and lots of first books, I have to say, this debut novel is a walk in the park to read in sunshine. I have read some that are quite awful or needing a lot of work, this one was simply good to read and get into.

Looking forward to reading more from this author and watching her grown
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading a book by Jean Kelso. Was surprised to find out it was her first book to write! I found the story line very believable and flowed perfectly. Love second chance romance books <3 I will definitely check out this authors other books. If this was a 4 star book as a first time book, It can only get better from here! Thank You for a great book!!!
Jenny Angell
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jens-books
Enjoyed this new book Sean and Jenns story deepens every time you turn the page there love grows so does the danger well done jean on your first book look forward to others
Julie
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
One Simple Memory is one of those books that I wanted to like and I always love seeing a couple get a second chance at love.

Jenn and Sean were the best of friends and when she's kidnapped, they are brought back together with the circumstances. I understand why Sean left in order to keep her safe, but little did he know she would put her in more danger.

As Sean and Jenn are brought closer by the demands of his father, he knows he wants to save her no matter the cost to him or his life. Like I sai
Mariana Lee
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I was lucky enough to have been given this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed reading this book, the beginning is so gripping and raw but as the story progressed I found some scenes to be very immature and unrealistic. It has a great plot but I feel it wasn't developed enough. Sean and Jenn have incredible chemistry and I loved their friendship and trust in each other but found some of their dialogue to be very childish at times. I don't want to put anyone off reading
Shantaye Brown
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
My soul trembles when I look into your eyes up close... all the possibilities between us run rough-shod thru my mind...

One Simple Memory took me on a new journey. Although it took me a while to finish, I kept going back until the last page because I wanted more and more of Jenn and Sean's story.

The mystery surrounding both of them kept me intrigued and their chemistry had me constantly grinning. It showed me how much I was missing out on lol.

Jenn was no push-over either, she had her badass moments and that won me over more than anything else.

This is my first book by Jean Kelso and it definitely wont be my last.
Tantalizing
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fabulous debut novel from Jean Kelso. The story draws you in and keeps you engaged. The writing is so detailed and thorough that you felt you were right next to the characters.
I am a sucker for second chance loves and One Simple Memory is just that with quite a few twists and turns in the road. Jenn and Sean were best friends, they did everything together until one day Sean disappears out of her life. When Jenn pops up in one of Sean’s father’s revenge schemes the two are reunited and the
Alice Hart
Dec 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I'd like to give this 3.5 stars

This book is written in third person POV. I always have a hard time with third person and I don't know why. It's not a criticism to the author, just a peeve of mine. I feel more "in" a story when it's in first person.

Jenn & Sean get a second chance at love. It comes at the cost of being chased by Sean's family with a hit on Jenn.

I felt like neither of them took their safety seriously and acted as if they were just celebrating being on vacation. I wanted a bit
H.
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love when I find a new to me author. With this being Jean's debut novel, I have to say she did a fabulous job because I really enjoyed it. From the beginning I was drawn to Sean and Jenn and constantly wanted more. Jenn and Sean were the best of friends until one day he was just gone. Her heart was broken, but she moved on with life. Then years later, they find each other again under difficult circumstances. The author did great job with her writing. With her descriptions I so easily felt as I ...more
Jordan
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review.

Jenn and Sean were friends from a very young age. They did everything together, and Sean was always there to protect jenn when she was being bullied. When things became more than just friends, Sean left Jenn and ran away. Things took a crazy turn when Jenn is kidnapped from her own home.

This story was full of action, mystery, and romance. I enjoyed piecing the bits and pieces together and trying to figure out how things would end up. There were severa
Casey Harvell
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sexy Romance That's A Killer~
When Jenn Samos' life is uplifted her world literally turns upside down. She has no idea what they want with her--from her--much less why anyone may want to kidnap her!

But her kidnappers have some secrets of their own...one wants to love her while the rest just want her dead. Can Jenn save herself by remembering just one simple memory?

Kelso delivers an intriguing debut novel. It's a steamy read and I look forward to seeing more from this author in the future.
Brandie Holcomb
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy hell what a ride!
Sean is hired to kidnap Jenn. Their were best friends since they were kids. Until one day he disappeared. He hoped she wouldn't find out who he was once he had kidnapped her.
He finally revealed who he was. They decided to run away and try to be safe and happy. His father wouldn't allow that.
This book tells a story that will melt your heart, make you angry, and possibly put you in tears. One of the best books I have ever read.
I look forward to reading a lot more from this
Cassie
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars ~ Very good debut!!! It was an intriguing story that kept you wanting more. You felt like you were in the scenes with characters. The story moved at a great pace. It had a good balance of sexy scenes and serious story-line. For me, the ending was too easy as compared to the family activities and ties that would still be existing in the world Sean's family was involved in. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.
T.H.
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was pulled in from the start of this book, sitting on the edge of my seat. Instantly I felt drawn to Jenn and Sean's relationship...their past, their drama and the rush of what was yet to come.
Jean Kelso did a great job, painting the picture of each scene allowing me to feel as though I was with her characters...even in the hot and steamy scenes....YOWZA.
Great job love, keep up the good work!!!
Shannon Johnson
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome first book. Loved the characters of Sean and jenn. Was intense in all the right parts. Some pages kept me on the edge of my seat, some pages angered me to my core and the love scenes were simply amazing and well written.

Looking forward to many more. Keep up with the dream girl.
Tristina Renken
Jan 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I love the title of the book. I think it went a little too fast for me & the chapters were a bit short. But the storyline is awesome! I like the adventure, love & danger in it. The details were good. You got to know the characters background enough to get you to know what was going on and why it was leading to where it was.
Judy
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story!! I fell in love with this book from the beginning!! Sean and Jenn were best friends growing up! Then one day Sean just left! Little did Jenn know that he left to protect her and that he would be back in her future!! Such a sweet story! It was a quick read and, in my opinion, a must read!!
Barb Johnson
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wrote this with a Pen Name. These characters have been wanting to get out for a while. Jenn and Sean clicked, and were always meant to be. Since kids, they were always together. What's a little danger between friends and lovers, right?
I really hope you enjoy this book <3
Jonelle Bound By Books Mccloud
I really enjoyed One Simple Memory. It had plenty of romance, danger and suspense to keep my swiping my finger on the kind. If you're looking for something to grab your attention and keep it, this is a great choice.
Measha Stone
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
As first novels go, this one was wonderful. The plot was solid and the characters realistic. The chemistry between Jenn and Sean increases in heat with each turn of the page. Looking forward to seeing more from this author.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Adding Book Cover 3 16 Jun 28, 2014 07:27PM
Just a small town girl with a big dream.
I have been writing short stories and poetry since I was young and always wanted to expand my stories and characters. I had the need to write more. So here I am, going for more.

One Simple Memory LIVE!