Start by marking “Delicious Conversation” as Want to Read:
Delicious Conversation

Delicious Conversation

With the support of friends, Susannah puts her future on the line to open up downtown Salt Lake City's first all-chocolate cafe, The Cholcolate Bar, a place where scrumptious conversations and delectable desserts abound. In the midst of all this, social turmoil hits Susannah when she catches the interest of the city's most eligible bachelor just as her long-lost love retur ...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Spring Creek Book Company

To ask other readers questions about Delicious Conversation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delicious Conversation

Tina
Jun 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful Mormon-Romance novel.
Susannah, the MC got cold feet and jilted her true love to go on a mission. Years later,the company she works for goes belly-up and she opens her own chocolate-themed dessert shop. During this time, the most eligible bachelor in town decides he wants her for his own and it seems there is no stopping him once he's made up his mind. Will she marry him, or find a way to make amends to her first love? It's a fun ride, and each chapter ends with a delicious
Laurie
Mar 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction, own-it
Another great CLEAN LDS romance!! I like "easy reads" in between the more in-depth ones. This is great for that! Just sit back and enjoy the story without thinking too much!
Daisy Dandelion
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is guaranteed to give you chocolate cravings!!!
Anita
Jul 04, 2009 rated it liked it
This is a modern retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion, only the auther never said that's what it is, but it was really obvious to me.
Susannah Hapsburg thought she would grow up get married and have babies, but when she actually does grow up she talks (persuades) herself out of love and goes on a mission. After the mission, things aren't the same either and she doesn't get married. She immerses herself in her career at a big finance house and when it goes under finds herself not sure what to do
Melody
Aug 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
I have often read through reviews on LDS fiction, especially the negative ones, and have found that the common thing people don't generally like is the light hearted read. Well if you take a look at my bookshelf, you shall see it's mostly the LDS fiction, for I happen to LOVE a light read. This book was no different, and for that I am grateful. I need that moment getting out of my world, into someone else's, a place I can go without having to think too deeply... Sometimes it just feels good not ...more
Jessica
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
alright, i'm giving in and giving this 3 stars, mostly because i'm a total sucker for lds fiction. especially when there's an element of romance in it. i'm pretty cliche like that. hahaha. that being said, i didn't catch that this was a modern (mormon) update of jane austen's "persuasion" until i got on here and looked at some of the reviews. once i realized that, it was fairly obvious in hindsight what the parallels in the story are. i think my very favorite part of this whole book (and the onl ...more
Bailey
Jul 20, 2009 rated it did not like it
This book was horrible. From page one I could tell that it would be a boring and over-exaggerated read. Seriously, this book tries to be Candice Bushnell or Lauren Weisberger with a Christian spin, but fails miserably. We all know that the characters in modern chick lit are far-fetched, but this takes ridiculous to a whole new level. Susannah fell in love with John Wentworth years ago but rejected him for who knows why. Now he's back and dating a hot young thing so Susannah starts dating the hot ...more
Darla
Sep 20, 2008 rated it liked it
(Genre:LDS fiction/romance/humor) This is an LDS version of the Jane Austen classic "Persuasion". The main character, when 21 years old, turns in her mission papers because she nervously supposes that the young man she has fallen for, has fallen for her and will be proposing marriage soon. She really likes him, but is very nervous about marriage and feels too young, etc. Her good friend points out that she can just turn in her mission papers to solve the whole uncomfortable dilemma. This book ta ...more
Tiffany
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Darling book! I loved all of the recipes that are included... CANNOT WAIT to try them all! I have it on good authority by the author herself that the carmel recipe is to die for! I loved the Jane-Austen meets chocolate feel to this book. I do have to warn you though, you will want to read this book with a box of sees chocolate next to you! The romance is sweet and done perfectly, I love that it set in SLC, because I can picture everywhere the MC goes. This book has also been republished as Choco ...more
Wendy
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is a like a modern-day Mormon mash-up of Emma and Persuasion. It's mostly predictable and has an ending that could never happen in real life. But if you're looking for a super-sweet and squeaky clean beach read, this fits the bill.
The biggest problem I had with Ms. Griffith's writing is that she jumps in the timeline and story without separating by chapter or page breaks. There were a few times I had to re-read sections before I realized they happened at the beginning of the day and then l
Debbie
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
Light, clean, easy read – with a not too subtle similarity to “Persuasion” with chocolate. Storyline is obviously contrived and predictable, as the LDS author herself describes her writing as “cotton candy for the soul – light, sweet, gone.” The decadent-sounding chocolate recipes look fabulous, but after a closer review many of them are missing the needed details for readers to actually try to prepare them for themselves. Don’t make me drool then leave out something important!
Brooke
A modern day LDS take on Persuasion (which is one of my favorites). It was cute, fun, quick, and overall fairly well-written. It took me a second to notice the correlation to Persuasion and when "the penny dropped" I felt awfully silly... it's obvious!

Read the rest of my review on my blog here: http://bloggingbrookeworm.blogspot.co...

And if you like my review... check out some of my others.
Andrea Smith
Dec 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Personality!! That's the word that came to mind as I read this modern day adaptation of Jane Austen's Persuasion! As I finished the book and closed the cover at 2:00 am, I gave a satisfied sigh! That was good! Every chapter ends with some sort of chocolate recipe. I think I gained 5 lbs. just reading the book! :) Can't wait to try the recipes! I also loved how the author tied in the recipies to her story. Very clever. 4.5 stars.
Kathryn
Nov 25, 2008 rated it liked it
easy read. I must be on a book kick about single woman or something. Susannah has been searching for a companion but keeps coming up empty handed. Then her job is gone and financial trouble is following her. She comes into too many choices and then Brigham, the most eligible bachelor in utah comes a calling along with the lost love of her life. decisions decisions. Kind of hockie at the end.
Tina Scott
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This romance is full of dilemna. What should the MC do now that her original life plan didn't work out? And, who is right for her - Mr. charming, successful, and witty, or Mr. I loved you once before and it didn't work out? There are yummy chocolate recipes at the end of each chapter, some are now among my favorites.
April Fear
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute diversion book. I would so love to eat at the "Chocolate Bar", the main character's cafe. I can see and taste every essence of the cafe, the author did a good job of describing them. The love interest was pretty predictable, but I enjoyed the book. I even tried one of the recipes, the Chocolate Avalanche. Just reduce the cooking time from 35 min. to 15 min. or you'll have a mess!
Hillary
Oct 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
this was okay. it had a bit of a week plot- very predictable, and the character was so unrealistic. Nothing really went wrong for her in the entire book, AND she ends it with not only her getting the guy, but inheriting 375 million dollars. REALLY???? I won't deny the fact that I read romance for the escape from reality, but REALLY??
Susan
Aug 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Susannah's corporate job just disappeared and she decides to start a new "Chocolate Bar", an all-chocolate cafe, in downtown SLC. Can it succeed? Will she choose between a new "cities most eligible bachelor" or an old friend who returns to SLC? What will she do with a tortoise she just inherited?
Cassandra Bowers
Apr 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
The plot for this book is based on Jane Austin's Persuasion. While this made the book somewhat predictable, it was still a fun read. I also enjoyed all of the chocolate recipes at the end of each chapter.
Lisa Myers
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as an Ebook, retitled Chocolate and Conversations. Loved it. Easy reading. Perfect book to read when your brain is on overload and you just need light entertainment mixed with a passion of reading fun fiction. I enjoyed reading about the Mormons, even though I'm not a Mormon. :-)
Matilda
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I can completely identify with this plot and these characters. It's like my life is being retold--only much, much funnier. I can't say enough good about this delightful read. I gave it to my daughter for Christmas and she shared it with all her buddies. Big thumbs up!
Jamie Hatch
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
Austen's Persuasion done up in a Mormon-chic book. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like predictable, cheesy, dreadfully droll reads. Yet for some reason I finished it, I guess I can't deny I like happily-ever-after endings.
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I got in a little over 100 pages and gave up. I just couldn't get into the writing style. It seemed like it jumped around a lot and the conversations were unrealistic. I thought both John and Brigham were kind of lame and was too bored to finish. Sorry!
Rochelle
Jul 09, 2008 rated it liked it
My favorite part was probably the recipes, but I enjoyed it enough to not want to put it down. It was an easy read and again, enjoyable because it wasn't an easy 'happily ever after'. That guy Brigham was a creep, though.
Annette
Jun 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
An LDS romance novel, but who doesn't need one of these every now and then? My favorite part of the book are the chocolate-related recipes at the end of every chapter. I really want to try some of them-Bombshell Brownies, Hot Fudge, Heartbreak Cupcakes...mmmm.
Kelle
Feb 05, 2009 rated it liked it
OK i got on an LDS fiction kick and got a little burnt out. But, this book was a little creative at first and annoying by the end. My favorite part is that each chapter has a recipie for some amazing dessert.
Coral
Sep 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun story. I liked it maybe because I've always thought it would be fun to start my own business, or maybe because it centered around chocolate (with recipes in every chapter!). Original characters and plot. Definitely left me smiling...and craving chocolate.
Lisa Anne
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I've always been a big fan of Jane Austin and this is a great adaptation to the story. I enjoyed the setting and have a secret wish to own my own bakery. It is an adoreable book and look forward to reading more from this author!
Nikki Wilson
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this modern day adaption of Jane Austen's Persuasion. It was set in LDS society and really captured the essence of the story and threw in few twists. I stayed up most of the night to read it.
Holly
May 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Loved the recipies, and really liked the premise of an "older" heroine. Wish there had been more recipies given! A good, light romance. No serious plot complications here, and sometimes the characters are really shallow, but a fun read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Consolidate 2 profile of same author 6 22 Oct 15, 2014 05:46PM
  • A Trusting Heart
  • Grave Secrets
  • Love, Jane
  • Meet Your Match
  • What the Doctor Ordered
Do you love free e-books? Check out my website to see how to get a free copy of my book ASKED & ANSWERED. http://authorjennifergriffith.com

I love a story that ends with a kiss, whether it's a book or a movie. That's the big payoff! So that's the kind of books I like to write, and I call my style "cotton candy for the soul"-- light, sweet, gone. We all need a little escape from reality for a w