Start by marking “Without You Here” as Want to Read:
Without You Here

Without You Here

After fighting with her boyfriend, Ettie’s only goal is to drown her sorrows in some Jack Daniels. But when she walks into a country tavern, her attention is immediately redirected to the sexy, older man at the bar. He looks lonely, and sad, and absolutely mouth-watering. Ettie can’t wait to put a smile on his face.

For the first time in two years, Wyatt finds himself jolte
Published September 9th 2014 (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Without You Here, please sign up.

❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
*ARC received by Netgalley*

“I'm just lonely. And you looked lonely, too. So here I am.”

Genre: Contemporary Romance – Love triangle
Cover: 6/10
Writing: 6/10
Heroine: 8/10
Hero: 8/10
Humour: 3/10
Hotness: 4/10
Romance: 8/10
Extra book Details: Stand alone Heroine POV; 1st person and 3 other POV's; 3rd person. Approx 260 kindle pages.

After spitting up with her boyfriend Blake for the umpteenth time, soon-to-graduating Ettie randomly stops at a bar only to find the handsome 42 year old farmer/cowboy W
Mandy
This book was amazing! Wyatt has been struggling with the death of his wife. For the last two years, he's been in misery and barely living. He's 42 years old and has only ever even kissed his wife. He's devoted to her even in death. 22 year old Ettie stops at a bar after having another breakup with her boyfriend and meets Wyatt. The chemistry between these two was pretty amazing and as a reader it gave me butterflies. I adored both these characters, they were so well written that you can really ...more
Elodie
Oct 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF 25%
Hummm... I'm not sure what went wrong with this book... Oh, wait, yeah, it's coming back to me : the urge to kill every character very slowly and very painfully.

I just IMMENSELY disliked both main characters so I guess that's what kept me from enjoying the storyline. The "hero" wasn't much of a hero, just a 40ish, kind of douche-bag widower who didn't know what he wanted and was sometimes borderline pathetic. The heroine's thoughts were SO ANNOYING, I wish she was real so I could slap so
Leigh
If anyone liked Penelope Douglas' Birthday Girl, they might like this one!
Roxanne
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the publisher via Netgalley for the free review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

Did I like this book?

Yes, I truly did, and I'm still surprised by exactly how much! I was expecting a light romantic read here, but what I got was so much more than that. At the risk of sounding like a big fromage head, this novel touched me deeply at times, pulling me right into the lives of Ettie and Wyatt and rooting for them from the first page.

At first, I was a little annoyed with Wyatt beca
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was ecstatic to receive this book for my honest review.

I am reminded of this quote when reading this amazing book.

“And here in the dark, Will you be my spark? I'll run away from your kiss now. But now more than ever before, I beg you, I need you to be, the one who wakes up sleeping beauty. Can you do that for me? Wake up sleeping beauty”

Get out the screaming towel for this one amazing journey. You are so going to need it. Make sure the tissues are ready. Get the AWE ready too. You are going
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
description

This one's gonna get 3 stars from me.

description

From the beginning, I kind of got a sour taste for Ettie. I didn't like how immature and, I guess you can say, clingy she was. Less than an hour after she breaks up with her boyfriend, she goes to a bar and hits on this older man, Wyatt, who she ends up doing the deed with her that night. Don't get me wrong, people hook up all the time. But she was almost inundate with it. She asked Wyatt didn't want want to know why she was crying. Um, if he wanted to know,
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
updated 2/6/15 no longer free but available on KU

Free - 18/05/2015

Amazon UK Link - Without You Here
Amazon US Link - http://amzn.com/B00MQHIET4
Amy
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
o quote Bruce Springsteen, "From small thing, baby, big things one day come."

In this case, the "small thing" is Ettie, a feisty blonde who is somewhat short of stature. She blows into a small town bar one night, determined to drown her frustrations, and meets Wyatt, a sexy, older man. She's drawn to his loneliness, something she understands well, and after spending a few hours drinking and playing pool, she invites herself into his life ... at least for the night.

Wyatt is the lonely man she pegs
Jey
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars.
Loved the idea of this book and it could have been a 5 star read if I could have connected with the heroine a lot more.
She was really juvenile and I don't feel the reader was given enough background info on her to take her into your heart.
Wyatt I loved, you could feel his grief, his struggle but again I didn't understand their connection, especially as the way they met seemed rushed and a little OTT.
Overall a quick and pleasant read
Nawal
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, faves
This book proved to be a completely enchanting read. It had me in wrapped up in it’s pages and I could not get enough of this little world created by Carter Ashby. The story is about a 22 year old Ettie who one night has a fight with her boyfriend in his home town and then after breaking up with him she decides a winding down in a bar is required. After strolling inside the first thing she notices, or even who she notices, is a hot older man sitting alone at the bar drink in hand, looking lost a ...more
Mara De Guzman
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
★★★★
4 Maybe Someday Stars
Review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review

"Good things come out of strange places sometimes."

This quote. That quote. It pretty much describes the beginning of Wyatt and Ettie's (love) story.

One quaint bar.
One 42-year old man drowning his sorrows one glass of whiskey after another.
One 22-year old woman wanting to release her frustration with her (ex) boyfriend.
One complicated, forbidden love story.

How forbidden is forbidden though, right
PAULA
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WITHOUT YOU HERE by CARTER ASHBY

WITHOUT YOU HERE is totally unexpected and so much more. This is not your typical romantic book. I don't think you can fully say that this is romance book though it involves that, it's not the whole concept (I think). Carter Ashby created a story that is genuinely real that you feel the realness of it all despite the crazy and weirdness and ridiculous circumstances that is included in the story. It will also make you laugh because the twist is just weird and funny
Donna Porter
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book contains sexual scenes so it may not be for everyone. The story was great. Ettie just broke up with her boyfriend, again. she is always doing this because he is so critical of her ways. She stops at a local bar for a drink and sees a very handsome older man setting at the bar and she ask if he would buy her a drink. After a while he softens a little and starts to pay attention to her constant talking. They start a conversation and Ettie starts to flirt with him. His name is Wyatt and h ...more
Loz
Jan 05, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
dnf @ page 84.

i tried but just couldn't connect with either main character. ettie comes across silly and immature which is understandable to some degree because of her sheltered upbringing but not an excuse to be overall irritating and ditzy. she's 22 years old but acts almost child like with a side of promiscuity and that's friggen whack. i thought wyatt would be the saving grace for me. that whole hot older guy, younger woman appeal? i am so in! however for as much as he had a sad backstory (h
Casey
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A copy was provided by Netgalley for an honest review.

I am in love with this book. I got so much more out of Without You Here than I bargained for. I knew this was going to be good, I did not expect to be so emotionally involved with the characters and the grieving process Wyatt was going through. Wyatt was so stuck on his grief, he is one of the most beautifully tragic protagonists I have read this year.

The “twist” was not so surprising if you are really paying attention to detail. Even if you
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is a really great story. I read this in one afternoon and loved every word of it.

After rowing with her boyfriend Ettie finds herself in a bar where the meets an older handsome guy called Wyatt. I loved how the age difference didn't matter. Maybe because there's an age difference between my partner and I.

This book brought out so many emotions in me. It's a brilliant hot and steamy story with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader gripped. Loved it.
Jane
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

From the blurb we learned that Ettie had a fight with her boyfriend. She decides to drown her emotions in some alcohol and visits a bar where she meets Wyatt.

Ettie's 22, Wyatt 42. So I was a bit reluctant at first, but since I've read a few books with similar premises before I decided to request the title from Netgalley. Luckily my request was approved and I got to read this book before a lot of people.

I feared that the author w
Tanya
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I loved this one, such a sweet and awesome hero. Ettie breaks up with her boyfriend one night, goes to a bar and picks up Wyatt. She is 22, and he is 42, so a warning there if that bothers you. But the story plays out beautifully. He is a widower, really struggling badly with the aftermath of his wife's death 2 years prior. He is no where near ready to move on at all, and that is a big part of the plot of this book. Ettie is stunning in her strength. I love to see a well-adjusted, mature heroine ...more
Everything Marie
I received this book as an ARC. I give this book 5 stars. This was an amazing book. Without you here was unlike any love story I have ever read. It had me captured from the start and I could not put it down.
This book was a very hot and sexual read. So, if you don’t like a lot of sexual scenes, than this book is not for you at all. It had a lot of realism to it and I loved that about it. It is also very emotional. So get the box of tissues ready because you will need them.
Ettie breaks up with he
Diana
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this arc in exchange for an honest review.
Oh my god. I had to turn my kindle off at 25%of this book to get me head around the biggest twist that I have ever come across. The turn is back on and re read it, but the twist was still there and I was still blown away by it. Wow.
Ettie ends up in bar after yet another fight with her boyfriend, where she meets widowed Wyatt and embarks on an adventure filled weekend that ends with sex and her falling in love. Wyatt isn't interested in love t
Danna Iuliana
Twin Opinions
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a book! I found that I laughed and cried in this book. Poor Wyatt, I totally wanted to hate him but, what he was going through is real! I have know people who have went through very similar things. I think it made me love him that much more. I also loved that when Ettie was near Blake that Wyatt did not see Blake as his son! I loved that! So cute and funny! Now Ettie is a totally different story, I loved her but at times I wanted to slap her. She should have never and I mean never take ...more
❤️Melanie
I really found this story intriguing. I liked the fact that there were undying topics discussed and delt with.

It was interesting to read the males point of view about depression.

Ettie was different than what I expected. To me she seemed to have almost a child like attitude. While Wyatt was acting like a rebellious teenager or possibly having an early midlife crisis. Blake was an asshole with passive aggressive attitude.

The family dynamic was strong and supporting along with the friendships in
Sm
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
probably 4.5
this book took me by surprise with how it handled the topic of grief
I've never experienced the level of grief described in the book, but the actions, reactions, and resolutions seemed believable to me (sometimes gut-wrenchingly so)
this story might not be for everyone, but I think everyone should give it a chance (I don't think anyone would be disappointed, I certainly wasn't!)
Cari Sury (Girl+Book Love Blog)
I was really looking forward to this book being good...it just didn't get there. The blurb was so promising and I liked the first part, then it went downhill quick. The characters go from interesting to annoying in the blink of an eye. I felt like I got whiplash. And the editing...I usually don't complain, but was it edited? Like at all?
Kelly
Aug 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Jane
Ettie is looking for some fun after a breakup with her college boyfriend and stops at a bar in a small town looking for a drink. She finds a sexy older man, nursing a drink and looking sad. She picks him up and they connect and the fun begins.

I loved the wild crazy things these two got up on their weekend fling. They went from one adventure to another and for Wyatt it was having more fun then he had ever had before, plus the deep connection with Ettie made it special for both of them.

Wyatt was s
Joya
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it !. Downloaded this book in April and came across it yesterday. To be honest, wasn't expecting much but was so wrong. Beautiful story, well written, wonderful captivating characters, all packed into a great book. At times I was afraid I'm reading another version of "the bridges of Madison County ". I was not up for a book that would leave me crying. Well this book didn't. I ended it with a big smile on my face.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Sweetest September (Home in Magnolia Bend #1)
  • Sapphire Beautiful (The Club, #2)
  • Chelynne
  • Million Dollar Wife
  • The Proposal
  • Hungry For More
  • The Marriage Bed
  • Bound in Blue (Love Square, #3)
  • High Maintenance
  • Tessa's Temptation
  • Fractured
  • April's Promise
  • The Edge of Heaven (The McRaes, #2)
  • The Milch Bride (Western Wives, #1)
  • Her Sister's Secret
  • The Best Intentions (Country House Party, #2)
  • A Bad Bit Nice (Second Chance Neighbors, #1)
  • The Frenchman's Captive Wife