Start by marking “Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate” as Want to Read:
Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate

Respectable Sins Discussion Guide: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  129 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Why are some sins considered worse than others?

This discussion guide to Navigator author Jerry Bridges' Respectable Sins helps us evaluate how we regard sins we tend to overlook. Through probing discussion questions, this guide helps you work through anger, jealousy, pride, and more while looking to God for His grace and forgiveness.

• 8 lessons
Published September 7th 2007 by NavPress (first published August 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Respectable Sins Discussion Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Respectable Sins Discussion Guide

Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bible-studies
I LOVED Jerry Bridges' book Respectable Sins. The workbook (written by someone else) was severely lacking, however. It didn't cover some key points in the book - like chapter 6's Directions for Dealing with Sin - which I thought was the most important chapter in the whole book because it showed us how to apply what we were learning. It just skipped right over the directions after Jerry spent a whole chapter emphasizing them. The workbook doesn't even included the final chapter on Worldliness or ...more
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So good and very convicting. I would, and have, recommend this book to any one and everyone who wants to walk closer with Christ.
Jan 31, 2009 rated it liked it
The study guide isn't as good as the book it is based upon. That being said, it did help focus our group discussions. My biggest issue with the study guide is that it "jumped around" and did not follow the chapter order of the book. So, you could be reading in the book and it would refer to a prior chapter, but in the study guide, we hadn't gotten to that chapter yet because the author of the study guide had skipped over it to cover in a later chapter.
Lauren Miller
I found myself challenged by the discussion guide (as much as one can be with one-sided questions). The glimpses the guide gives of the actual book left me wishing that my local library had a copy in the collection. It looks like a good read.
John Root
So challenging. So good.
Marguerite Harrell
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
We, my wonderful Care Group in my wonderful church family are currently reading this along with Respectable Sins. I am looking forward to learn a lot more in this.
Apr 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Book is better than the study guide. I thought the questions belabored the otherwise good points.
Oct 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
The book itself had depth and had good encouragement to take another look at our "good" Christian lives. This discussion guide did not add that much.
Len Staley
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
It went well with the book.
Mike Corgan
Jan 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Good study guide to the book.
Janey Graves
Cynthia J McCracken
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Vanishing Conscience
  • Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life Study Guide (Life and Ministry of Jesus Christ)
  • Loving God with All Your Mind: Thinking as a Christian in a Postmodern World
  • A Method for Prayer: Freedom in the face of God
  • A Call to Spiritual Reformation: Priorities from Paul and His Prayers
  • When God Weeps: Why Our Sufferings Matter to the Almighty
  • Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone
  • Creeds of the Churches: A Reader in Christian Doctrine from the Bible to the Present
  • If
  • Uncommon Decency: Christian Civility in an Uncivil World
  • The Glory of Christ
JERRY BRIDGES was an author and conference speaker. His most popular book, The Pursuit of Holiness, has sold over one million copies. Jerry was been on the staff of The Navigators for over fifty years, and currently served in the Collegiate Mission where he was involved primarily in staff development, but also served as a speaker resource to the campus ministries.
More about Jerry Bridges...