Start by marking “How to Write a Book That Doesn't Suck and Will Actually Sell: The Ultimate, No B.S. Guide to Writing a Kick-Ass Non-Fiction Book” as Want to Read:

**PRAISE FOR "HOW TO WRITE A BOOK THAT DOESN'T SUCK AND WILL ACTUALLY SELL"**

"Reading this book is like listening to a friend who answers all your questions without being asked. Loved it. Especially the recap at the end of each chapter, which I copied into a word file to read again and again." -Cecile

"This is a great book, well written with a huge amount of useful infor
Published January 31st 2014

Be the first to ask a question about How to Write a Book That Doesn't Suck and Will Actually Sell

H.A. Mims
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
There are a few useful tips here, though the snarky comments about other authors are rude and unnecessary... not helped by the constant references to left-brained people being "anal." I found this especially tacky in a book that's supposed to be about helping people with their writing, something that should be handled with tact and sensitivity.

Not recommended.
MissBecka
***********GIVEAWAY WIN***********
This was a really easy and fast read. He did have some interesting ideas for research and getting started, but he was VERY repetitive. Despite that I really enjoyed his writing. He is down to earth and funny.

I did find it a bad sign that he has a section dedicated to using a copy-editor since there were quite a few spelling and grammar errors (as well as just plain words missing in sentences) in the book.
J.P. Willson
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy. I'm writing this review because the author has done exactly what he has set out to do within the parameters of this book, and for me- this book alone because I now know what it is the author was trying to accomplish by writing this book-make a buck. This does make one a writer. Sure there is some valuable information here, that's almost a given. I do take some offense to the fact that throughout this little ditty the author refers to these steps, if followed will make your dream of becomin ...more
Tony Jr.
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great little book I've read three times now. It is full of great ideas, tips and tricks for writing your book, making a good cover, crafting a great title and more. While reading this book I found myself shaking my head in agreement as well as laughing out loud. It will entertain you as well as enlighten you.

***If you are easily offended by the occasional swear word or straight forward language I would look else where. Although I simply ignore it and extract the principles being taught others
antony
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting book written in a very interesting style.

This is not a book about how to write, but a book about what to write about. It discusses strategically how to work out what to write and how to arrange what questions a book should answer and a what order it should answer them in.

It’s straight to the point and no frills. In fact this book is an example of what it is teaching you about.

I have read many books on similar subjects and most of them are lots of waffle. This book is
Randy Thurman
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding. No fluff.

He gives you a system for writing. Loved his chapter on titles but would have liked him to share about Amazon searches instead of Google using KDP Rocket. Makes even more sense to me. Great job!
Christopher Armani
Engaging and enthusiastic style. If you come away from this book with just one new idea, it's worth the price of admission. I suggest paying attention to the section on self-editing. His detailed approach is a roadmap to a well-polished manuscript.
Rosemary Fernandes-walker
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Some really great tips for the novice writer. I like the writing style and action steps.
Stevens Azima
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple, direct, amusant et pratique. Va à l'essentiel. Ecrit avec humour.
Paul Evans
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Straightforward and entertaining

Fun read that gets to the point and shows you exactly why, what, and how. I've never considered myself a writer and this book gives me a great framework to use that makes sense and makes me want to write.
Joseph
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is a little gimmicky and simplistic (i.e., mine the table of contents, check bestseller lists),
but is also entertaining with tips and tricks that are surprising useful. The author possesses a great voice with a good balance of sarcasm and wit.
Hannah
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great info in a fun, quick read way. Wish I would have found this sooner! Will check k out his other books now :)
Lisa Getzow
Lars
Oct 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add print version 2 13 Sep 26, 2017 03:32AM

• Write Every Day: How to Write Faster, and Write More (Rock Your Writing, #4)
  • A Writer's Guide to Persistence: How to Create a Lasting and Productive Writing Practice
  • How to Write a Novella in 24 Hours: And other questionable & possibly insane advice on creativity for writers
  • How to Write a Non-fiction Ebook in 21 Days
  • The Mental Game of Writing: How to Overcome Obstacles, Stay Creative and Productive, and Free Your Mind for Success
  • Lifelong Writing Habit: The Secret to Writing Every Day
  • First Draft in 30 Days: A Novel Writer's System for Building a Complete and Cohesive Manuscript
  • The Miracle Morning for Writers: How to Build a Writing Ritual That Increases Your Impact and Your Income (Before 8AM) (The Miracle Morning Book Series)
  • Couponing for the Beginner: A Guide to Couponing for the Uninitiated
  • How to Make a Living with Your Writing: Books, Blogging and More
  • Digging Deep: A Writer Uncovers His Marriages
  • Couples Money: What Every Couple Should Know about Money and Relationships
  • The Book In A Box Method: The New Way to Quickly and Easily Write Your Book (Even If You're Not a Writer)
  • Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook: Hands-On Help for Making Your Novel Stand Out and Succeed
  • Entrepreneurgasm: 33 Realistic Steps Turning $1,700 into $103,000 Online for the Average You
  • The Daily Entrepreneur: 33 Success Habits for Small Business Owners, Freelancers and Aspiring 9-to-5 Escape Artists
  • Elon Musk: Biography of a Self-Made Visionary, Entrepreneur and Billionaire (Investing, Entrepreneurship, Success, Innovators, Great Men, Success Principles, Business Advice)
  • How I Made Over $42,000 in 1 Month Selling My Kindle eBooks