Start by marking “Unconditional (Masters and Mercenaries, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Unconditional (Masters and Mercenaries, #5.5)

Unconditional

(Masters and Mercenaries #5.5)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  2,668 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
A curious woman

Ashley Paxon understands responsibility. After her fiancé left her alone and pregnant, she forged a new life for herself and her daughter. Moving to Dallas, she went back to school and found a job at a club called Sanctum. As one of the BDSM club’s waitresses, she watches the Doms and their submissives every night. She yearns to explore their lifestyle of d
Published January 28th 2014 by DLZ Entertainment, LLC (first published January 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unconditional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unconditional

Make Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairClub Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise Sinclair
GlitterKink BDSM
134 books — 138 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
646 books — 817 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicole P
A quick and easy read. Its been a while since I've read a Master and Mercenaries book so it was nice to get another little piece into Sanctum and the men and women who are intriguing and make the BDSM world fascinating.
 Rosebud
Ashley Paxon is damaged goods, or so she's been told. Abandoned by her baby's birth father, Ashley is getting by partly because of the generosity of her sister and Ian Taggart.

Working at Sanctum allows her to make enough money to support her daughter while attending school but her timid personality and fear of the Doms are a major roadblock. When Ian suggests a possible solution to getting over her debilitating fear while helping him test the skills of a new potential Dom she reluctantly agrees
starsaga
Short, well-written book.,
This was a good re-visit of the Masters and Mercenaries world, by Lexi Blake/Sophie Oak. It was very typical in the style of SO and that is why I wanted to read it. I felt a little let down by the way Keith was portrayed, he was almost too laid-back for most of the book and only seemed to perk up when he found out that Ashley had a stalker. Then he went back into turtle-mode and the book was almost over before he had his own revelation. I think that Ashley deserved bet
Misty
Another great addition to the series, but I have to say, I swear if I could just follow Ian Taggart around all day and listen to the crazy shit he says, I would be a happy woman for the rest of my life.

I know she can't include everyone from past books, so I'll just be thankful for the glimpses I got of previous, much loved characters and am looking forward to the new ones I see peeking around the corner.

I usually share my favorite highlights from the books, but since half the book is highlighted
Kate's Corner
I usually don’t read novellas or take a look at the .5 books that are always on offer. Ms. Blake is the exception to my rule it seems.

We meet Keith & Ashley in Sanctum. I liked Ashley. Wasn’t entirely sure what my take on Keith was but I gave him a chance.

Unconditional is a pleasure to read. A story of second chances. It is sweet yet extremely sexy.
I liked Keith in this book and I understood his past and why it was hard for him to move on with his future but he is stuck and Ashley helped h
Jamie
Fantastic 😁
And that ending, *sigh*
Aղցela W.
I love reading Lexi Blake books I know that they will be well written they will have hot sex scenes and suspends with a little actions. I also love the characters in this series and Ian Taggart is one of my favorite Doms. Unconditional is the story of Ashley and Keith. Ashley who is Jillian's sister from (Sanctum) is trying to gain self confidence and realize that she is worthy of so much more than the raw deal she’s been dealt. Keith is running from his past and doesn’t let anyone get close eno ...more
Christina Montminy
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Keith & Ashley's story was short being a .5 book but it was still good. He's a troubled Dom with a past nobody knows about, not even his friend Ryan & she's a young mother trying to raise her infant daughter on her own while going to school & working part-time at Sanctum. He's looking for entry as a Master @ Sanctum & Ian puts Ashley in his care. They've had eyes for each other but think no one's noticed...Ian & Charlotte did hence putting them together. Their pasts come back ...more
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
This book was such a surprise....When I saw it on Amazon I pretty much did the happy dance of all happy dances....See I did not even know this book was coming out....I have been holding out for Dungeon Royale on the 18th Feb...In fact I have been doing a freaking count down till that book, so this one was a very welcome and happy surprise.

Loved the story of Keith and Ashley!!! As usual my darling Ian Taggart stole the show with his witty humor and one liners....

I love this series.... I mean I re
Mareli
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thanks, Ms Blake for this precious little jewel. As usual you give us a great story.

Ashley Paxon is beginning her training at Sanctum. She already works here and Ian Taggart thinks he already has the right Dom for her, Keith Langston.

She's a lovely lady with a little daughter, no husband, her life full of responsability. Keith seems to reject every responsability except being a Dom. He seems to be the stronger but in the end, that little sub has some surprises for him!

Great!
Lin #Historical lover...❤️
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lin #Historical lover...❤️ by: tami
5 unreserved stars!!!!!

I needed a short book starting with U for a challenge so I dived into this although it was 5.5 of a series!!!

TOTALLY ENJOYED THIS!!!!!

Well developed characters nice story, sexy read....
Not too much of anything!!!
Just enough of the good stuff.

Now I cannot wait to dive into the whole series. This story was chock full of alpha males whose stories are told elsewhere.... I'm going Lexi shopping!!!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Huh, well, I have to say, this one went down easy and fast. This was totally glitterkink and it was so sweet. The story is predictable. Keith is a good guy and he does a good job of coaxing timid ashley to the dark side. For those who are hungry for the next full novel in this series, this little teaser is satisfying.
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend handed me this book and said read it you'll love it. I did and I do. Now I must find the rest of the series cause I really loved Ian and must know more about him.
Konny
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unconditional by Lexi Blake is book 5.5 in the Masters and Mercenaries world.
Ashley Paxon is a single mom with a rough past. She lives with her sister and brother-in-law, works as waitress at Sanctum and cares for her daughter. She goes to college and that about all her social life.
When Ian Taggart wants her to be sub for a limited time, she wants to refuse, but the temptation and curiosity are stronger than her fear.

Keith is a very wealthy man. Hes a investor and makes billions. Hes new in Dall
Rhianna
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unconditional is the second novella in Lexi Blake's Sanctum Nights series which is a spin off and interconnected with her Masters and Mercenaries series.
This book features the sweet, sassy and strong, Ashley Paxton, the sister of Jill Paxton, the heroine of the previous book in the novella series, Sanctum.
Ashley's hero, who at times appears to be anything but a hero but in the end stands up as the strong man that he is, is Keith Langston.
Ashley and Keith's story is full of heartache, angst,
Hazel
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Big Tag is playing matchmaker again

Ian Taggert aka Big Tag to this friends and employees has decided it is time to kill three birds with on contract.
With the help of his wife and sub he persuaded Ashley, an employee at Sanctum, to sign a contract to be a sub for a month.

Ashley is a quiet woman working there while she studies at college and takes care of her baby girl. She has agreed to learn about the lifestyle by being a sub for a Dom who is trying out for the club.

Keith is the Dom in question,
Jennifer Schultheis
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unconditional by Lexi Blake is book 5.5 in the Masters and Mercenaries Series. This series literally gets better and better!

This is a quick read that revolves around Ashley (Jill’s sister) and Keith (Ryan’s friend). Keith is attracted to Ashley but she has a baby, which means she is off limits. Seriously…off limits. But if he wants to be a member of the club, he has to train Ashley. As for Ashley, she never realized she was a submissive, but now that is signed a contract with Keith, she yearns f
☘KathyD☘
Ashley and Keith are not part of McKay/Taggart, but are peripherally connected. Ashley’s sister, Jill, is married to Dom-in-Residence Ryan Church; Keith is a business associate of Ryan’s. Even though this novella doesn’t bring in the whole McKay/Taggart clan, some make appearances. There was a tentative vibe between Ashley and Keith that I really liked and enjoyed seeing it blossom. Both characters have issues (who doesn’t), but together they manage to push through most of them. Keith has a deva ...more
Aerin Caley
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
As a general rule, I'm not a fan of romantic novellas, because generally the shorter format forces some version of a "hothouse" love affair and mostly those bother me. Even if you just into a relationship with both feet, getting to really know another person just takes time. And, in the case of a good writer, I just feel gypped that I didn't get more time with characters that I like.

Taking all that into account, I like Lexi's stories and this one is no exception.
Heather Scott mannella
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked Ashley and Keith! I would have liked a little more from them though! Maybe we will see them in future books! One question though, how come the big, bad Doms turn into big pussies though? Ugh
Katrina Berry
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, hot novella that brings it! This is Ashley and Keith's story and I definitely enjoyed the awww moment at the end. And who in their right mind can resist Ian and all the zany, off-the-wall crap he comes up with?!?!? Win-win!
Laura Johnson
2.5 meh stars😏. This novella fills you all what is happening at Sanctum, the BDSM club owned by main alpha Ian Taggart. This story is BDSM-lite, much more focused on the dominant aspect than inflicting any real pain. Sweet, but forgettable. The MCs just didn’t capture my imagination.
Ginny
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Ashley has an inner strength that ends up helping to heal Keith. It was amazing to see how each of these characters filled the space in the others heart. Seeing the pain each of them feel and how they feel that they don’t deserve love. It was a heartwarming story.
Catherine Iriarte
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think there was some matchmaking afoot during this book. I have to say I really enjoyed going through the process with these two characters.
Leannie Ly
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, fiction
3.5
Alisa
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I like these little novellas to expand the story line of all the characters. They build into the little world.
Ronda Thayer
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spank Me Master!

I love Lexi Blake's books! And this whole series is a must buy! I love reading about hot sexy Dom's and their Bratty Sub's!
Lori
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good!
Hannah
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great!

This one had my emotions all over the place. I absolutely loved it from beginning to end. I loved seeing them both work through their own issues and help each other.
Julie Griffith
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the theme and characters were very real
  • Master of Freedom (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #7; 1001 Dark Nights #16)
  • Bad Boy Dom
  • Siren Reborn (Texas Sirens, #8)
  • Their Virgin Hostage (Masters of Ménage, #5)
  • My Wicked Devil (Club Wicked, #3)
  • For The Sub (Mastered, #5)
  • A Lovely Shade of Ouch (Suncoast Society, #11)
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Masters and Mercenaries (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • On Her Master's Secret Service (Masters and Mercenaries, #4)
  • Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
  • You Only Love Twice (Masters and Mercenaries, #8)
  • Master No (Masters and Mercenaries, #9)
  • From Sanctum with Love (Masters and Mercenaries, #10)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)