Start by marking “Unconditional (Masters and Mercenaries, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Unconditional (Masters and Mercenaries, #5.5)

Unconditional

(Masters and Mercenaries #5.5)

A curious woman

Ashley Paxon understands responsibility. After her fiancé left her alone and pregnant, she forged a new life for herself and her daughter. Moving to Dallas, she went back to school and found a job at a club called Sanctum. As one of the BDSM club’s waitresses, she watches the Doms and their submissives every night. She yearns to explore their lifestyle of di
Published January 28th 2014 by DLZ Entertainment, LLC (first published January 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unconditional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unconditional

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
664 books — 830 voters
Make Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairClub Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise Sinclair
GlitterKink BDSM
134 books — 136 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Unconditional (Masters and Mercenaries, #5.5)
 Rosebud
Ashley Paxon is damaged goods, or so she's been told. Abandoned by her baby's birth father, Ashley is getting by partly because of the generosity of her sister and Ian Taggart.

Working at Sanctum allows her to make enough money to support her daughter while attending school but her timid personality and fear of the Doms are a major roadblock. When Ian suggests a possible solution to getting over her debilitating fear while helping him test the skills of a new potential Dom she reluctantly agrees
Nicole P
A quick and easy read. Its been a while since I've read a Master and Mercenaries book so it was nice to get another little piece into Sanctum and the men and women who are intriguing and make the BDSM world fascinating.
Kate
I usually don’t read novellas or take a look at the .5 books that are always on offer. Ms. Blake is the exception to my rule it seems.

We meet Keith & Ashley in Sanctum. I liked Ashley. Wasn’t entirely sure what my take on Keith was but I gave him a chance.

Unconditional is a pleasure to read. A story of second chances. It is sweet yet extremely sexy.
I liked Keith in this book and I understood his past and why it was hard for him to move on with his future but he is stuck and Ashley helped him w
starsaga
Short, well-written book.,
This was a good re-visit of the Masters and Mercenaries world, by Lexi Blake/Sophie Oak. It was very typical in the style of SO and that is why I wanted to read it. I felt a little let down by the way Keith was portrayed, he was almost too laid-back for most of the book and only seemed to perk up when he found out that Ashley had a stalker. Then he went back into turtle-mode and the book was almost over before he had his own revelation. I think that Ashley deserved bet
Misty
Another great addition to the series, but I have to say, I swear if I could just follow Ian Taggart around all day and listen to the crazy shit he says, I would be a happy woman for the rest of my life.

I know she can't include everyone from past books, so I'll just be thankful for the glimpses I got of previous, much loved characters and am looking forward to the new ones I see peeking around the corner.

I usually share my favorite highlights from the books, but since half the book is highlighted
Jacque
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, own, bdsm
This is part of the Masters and Mercenaries series. They should probably be read in order so you know all the characters, but this book was so short it might be able to be read as a standalone.

This book should not have been a novella, it should have been written into a full-length book. The first part of the book, the setup, was great. The author knows how to develop her characters and I was feeling a connection with Ashley and Keith. The struggles Keith was having made my heart hurt. The author
 Joyce
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Revisiting this family of kinksters is always a great read!
tinyteaplots
Fantastic 😁
And that ending, *sigh*
Aղցela W.
I love reading Lexi Blake books I know that they will be well written they will have hot sex scenes and suspends with a little actions. I also love the characters in this series and Ian Taggart is one of my favorite Doms. Unconditional is the story of Ashley and Keith. Ashley who is Jillian's sister from (Sanctum) is trying to gain self confidence and realize that she is worthy of so much more than the raw deal she’s been dealt. Keith is running from his past and doesn’t let anyone get close eno ...more
Christina Montminy
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Keith & Ashley's story was short being a .5 book but it was still good. He's a troubled Dom with a past nobody knows about, not even his friend Ryan & she's a young mother trying to raise her infant daughter on her own while going to school & working part-time at Sanctum. He's looking for entry as a Master @ Sanctum & Ian puts Ashley in his care. They've had eyes for each other but think no one's noticed...Ian & Charlotte did hence putting them together. Their pasts come back to collide together ...more
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lexi-blake
This book was such a surprise....When I saw it on Amazon I pretty much did the happy dance of all happy dances....See I did not even know this book was coming out....I have been holding out for Dungeon Royale on the 18th Feb...In fact I have been doing a freaking count down till that book, so this one was a very welcome and happy surprise.

Loved the story of Keith and Ashley!!! As usual my darling Ian Taggart stole the show with his witty humor and one liners....

I love this series.... I mean I re
Mareli
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thanks, Ms Blake for this precious little jewel. As usual you give us a great story.

Ashley Paxon is beginning her training at Sanctum. She already works here and Ian Taggart thinks he already has the right Dom for her, Keith Langston.

She's a lovely lady with a little daughter, no husband, her life full of responsability. Keith seems to reject every responsability except being a Dom. He seems to be the stronger but in the end, that little sub has some surprises for him!

Great!
Lin #Historical lover...❤️
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lin #Historical lover...❤️ by: tami
5 unreserved stars!!!!!

I needed a short book starting with U for a challenge so I dived into this although it was 5.5 of a series!!!

TOTALLY ENJOYED THIS!!!!!

Well developed characters nice story, sexy read....
Not too much of anything!!!
Just enough of the good stuff.

Now I cannot wait to dive into the whole series. This story was chock full of alpha males whose stories are told elsewhere.... I'm going Lexi shopping!!!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Huh, well, I have to say, this one went down easy and fast. This was totally glitterkink and it was so sweet. The story is predictable. Keith is a good guy and he does a good job of coaxing timid ashley to the dark side. For those who are hungry for the next full novel in this series, this little teaser is satisfying.
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A friend handed me this book and said read it you'll love it. I did and I do. Now I must find the rest of the series cause I really loved Ian and must know more about him.
Kim
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second shorter story in this series and while it fits with the whole series it is also set a bit out of the time line, though it does mention what happened to Damon and him struggling to deal with the aftermath. This also picks up the two minor characters from the first short story; the sister and the best friend.

I should have written this review a few day ago but it go crazy and I lost track of time, so my feeling on the book have slipped a bit.

I do know that I was frustrated with
Konny
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unconditional by Lexi Blake is book 5.5 in the Masters and Mercenaries world.
Ashley Paxon is a single mom with a rough past. She lives with her sister and brother-in-law, works as waitress at Sanctum and cares for her daughter. She goes to college and that about all her social life.
When Ian Taggart wants her to be sub for a limited time, she wants to refuse, but the temptation and curiosity are stronger than her fear.

Keith is a very wealthy man. He´s a investor and makes billions. He´s new in Da
Jacky
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I listened to this novella which was twice as long as the book about Ashley's sister Jill. The narration was excellent and provided two or three different accents.

Ashley and Keith both had difficulties to overcome but Ashley seemed to be able to handle hers much better. Keith didn't come across as very "dom-y" to me until he found out Ashley had been keeping a secret from him.

I liked Ashley's character. She had some self esteem issues. She referenced sexual acts and body parts like she was a l
Bingeworthy Book Blog
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unconditional is the second novella in Lexi Blake's Sanctum Nights series which is a spin off and interconnected with her Masters and Mercenaries series.
This book features the sweet, sassy and strong, Ashley Paxton, the sister of Jill Paxton, the heroine of the previous book in the novella series, Sanctum.
Ashley's hero, who at times appears to be anything but a hero but in the end stands up as the strong man that he is, is Keith Langston.
Ashley and Keith's story is full of heartache, angst,
Michelle
I usually enjoy this series, but I didn't care for this book. I'm guessing the author wanted to show how through accepting her submissiveness, Ashley could grow a backbone and stop being a doormat, but I think she failed. Maybe she did learn how to stand up for herself, but she didn't stand up for her baby, and that ruined it for me. Keith wanted nothing to do with her child, was up front about it, made sure she understood he didn't want it, yet she was OK with bringing him into her home, when h ...more
Jennifer Schultheis
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unconditional by Lexi Blake is book 5.5 in the Masters and Mercenaries Series. This series literally gets better and better!

This is a quick read that revolves around Ashley (Jill’s sister) and Keith (Ryan’s friend). Keith is attracted to Ashley but she has a baby, which means she is off limits. Seriously…off limits. But if he wants to be a member of the club, he has to train Ashley. As for Ashley, she never realized she was a submissive, but now that is signed a contract with Keith, she yearns f
☘KathyD☘
Ashley and Keith are not part of McKay/Taggart, but are peripherally connected. Ashley’s sister, Jill, is married to Dom-in-Residence Ryan Church; Keith is a business associate of Ryan’s. Even though this novella doesn’t bring in the whole McKay/Taggart clan, some make appearances. There was a tentative vibe between Ashley and Keith that I really liked and enjoyed seeing it blossom. Both characters have issues (who doesn’t), but together they manage to push through most of them. Keith has a deva ...more
Melanie Marnell
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Successful Pair

Ian Taggart once again works his magic in pairing a Dom and sub. Ashley Paxon and Keith Langston have both known heartache in their lives, maybe they can give each ogher comfort. The only problem is that he can't or won't give her anything more than a D/s relationship. But when a threat is made he goes out of his way to neutralize it and give Ashley peace of mind. Then he'll walk away. It's what he does. What he doesn't account for is Ashley's resolve and resourcefulness. What he
Elisa
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
oh so sweet, no seriously sweet on the ending, of course, the rest of the story was great but I really wish Ryan had punched Keith on more than one occasion...lol All those alpha males and their testosterone and I have to say I love it when the guys gather in their locker room at Sanctum for a gossip fest that always cracks me up.

Ashley is awesome I loved it when she told Karina she just wanted to find 'Me' that was perfect and her little Emily is just adorable more great additions to the Makay
Aerin
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
As a general rule, I'm not a fan of romantic novellas, because generally the shorter format forces some version of a "hothouse" love affair and mostly those bother me. Even if you just into a relationship with both feet, getting to really know another person just takes time. And, in the case of a good writer, I just feel gypped that I didn't get more time with characters that I like.

Taking all that into account, I like Lexi's stories and this one is no exception.
Book Monitor
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella that tells the tale of Jill's sister Ashley and Ryan's friend and investor Keith. Both lead characters were well depicted and their flaws and foibles appropriately irritating and inducing empathy from this reader.
I thought the issues were well handled and that the emotional turmoil and crippling anger of loss very well depicted.
Not that this is a heavy book, it's well paced, sexy and hot with a HEA.
I am not always a fan of these shorter books but it worked well wi
Nubia Souza
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This book had many references to stories and characters that I suppose are from the other books in the series. However, since this was the first and only one I read, I felt a little lost at times. That isn’t how we are supposed to feel when reading an alleged standalone. Other than that the story was ok. I didn’t really like Ashley, to me she was sort of pathetic, but I liked the ending. To be honest I wouldn’t really recommend this book because I know there are others better out there.
Jeanie
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
More, please

My only complaint with this one? I want more! Keith was so unbelievably damaged. I ached for him. I loved how Ashley found a way to help him while still being submissive. The truth of his problem with his parents was not what I expected. So much pain buried deep for so long. Leave it to a sub to weasel her way in and start the healing process. A fast paced and fun read. Looking forward to what is next.
Carol orr
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
D/s romance at its best

I had a hard time actually liking Keith, the ml mostly because of his cold character. He seemed too calculating and hard edged for a Dom and most especially for a sub like Ashley.

Please bear with the storyline, it's well worth it in the end.

Well written, excellent characterisation and a lovely storyline.

Hot sex, a cameo appearance by old MT friends and plenty of alpha dominance.
Lovingbooks1
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Crying

I love this one but then I’m a sucker for stories with single parents finding love.
No unnecessary descriptions of surroundings
Good dialogues
The characters is developed in to realistic personalities that feels familiar to me.
Sweet and steamy love scenes

Good 5 stars read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• To See You
  • Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)
  • Siren in Bloom (Texas Sirens, #6)
  • Just Desserts (Holland Springs, #4)
  • Justify Me (Stark International Trilogy #4.5; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Hold You Against Me (Stripped, #4)
  • Back in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #9)
  • His to Protect (Bodyguard Bad Boys #2.5; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Siren Beloved (Texas Sirens, #4)
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Siren Unleashed (Texas Sirens, #7)
  • Lost in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #4)
  • Sirens in Bliss (Texas Sirens, #7.5; Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #10)
  • Slow Burn (Into The Fire, #2)
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Pure Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #6)
  • Her Guardian Angel (Demonica Underworld, #6; Demonica, #17; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Masters and Mercenaries (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • On Her Master's Secret Service (Masters and Mercenaries, #4)
  • Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
  • You Only Love Twice (Masters and Mercenaries, #8)
  • Master No (Masters and Mercenaries, #9)
  • From Sanctum with Love (Masters and Mercenaries, #10)