Start by marking “Broken Truce (Broken City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken Truce (Broken City, #2)

Broken Truce

(Broken City #2)

Life isn't turning out the way that Deeta thought it would. With the Lewises defeated and peace between the tribes, she'd believed that the dark times were in the past.
However troubles between the tribes continue and the Andak council has selected Tom as their ambassador and chief spokesman to the other tribes.
Deeta knows that there is still much resentment against the And
Published February 1st 2014 (first published January 31st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Broken Truce, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Truce

Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Deeta and Tom have finally realized or admitted that they are in love with each other. Tom has cared for Deeta for a long time now and has tried to take care of her and keep her safe. Deeta has finally found out a lot of the secrets that Tom has been hiding about himself from her and their tribe. But when she finds out what he has been hiding it makes no difference to her because she knows the person that he truly is and no
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

BROKEN TRUCE was released three years after the first book, BROKEN CITY, and I could tell the difference in Chant's plotting. The story and characters have grown exponentially from the first book, and there's much more action with intense moments in this installment of the series.

What I liked
I really liked the plot of BROKEN TRUCE with all of the action and intensity. The synopsis
Bethany
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review for Broken Truce

5 stars

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved the first book and gave it a big 5 star rating and this book didn't disappoint, actually I think I enjoyed it even more that the first!

JC82
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Broken City series was action packed. There was definitely more of a fast pace and also more violence in this book compared to the first. Where Broken City did a lot of building Broken Truce thrust you into the middle of a war zone, almost literally. Deeta, Tom, and Jan find themselves captured behind enemy lines of the Lewis Tribe and desperately have to find a way to escape.

In Broken Truce we meet several new characters, tribes, and families. Some without a doubt are des
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

At the end of the first book everything seemed to be all okay again, as much as it can be in a Dystopian world. The start of the second is a few months on, with Deeta and Tom married as well as her sister Jan and Ryder. And things are not as okay as Deeta hoped they would be with the tribes back to not trusting each other and conflict being likely.

In th
For the Love of Books
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok…on one hand, I’m like “Oh man… the story of the Andak’s, the Lewis’s and the remaining smaller tribes just keeps getting better & better!”, but on the other hand, “Aaaack! What’s gonna happen to Deeta & Tom? What’s behind Max’s hatred of the Andak’s? Will Lassie get help in time to save Timmy who has fallen down a well?”…ok, ok… not so much the last one. But why…. why D.D. Chant did you suck me into this amazing world of action, adventure and intrigue…then leave me hanging…wanting, ne ...more
Tnt Reviews
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Broken Truce picks up a few months after Broken City leaves off. Deeta got her HEA, but it’s not turning out the way she hoped. Because Tom has had the most interaction with the other tribes, he is often sent out into the city, which is still dangerous, to mediate disputes between tribes. Deeta is constantly worrying about his safety. What happens when your HEA isn’t as happy as you’d hoped?

I loved this book even more than Broken Ci
Judy
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Broken Truce by D.D. Chant
Broken City Book 2
Deeta's story continues as she lives in the Andak compound, so different from the world she was use to when at the Clarks. She's married to Tom Andak and he continues to try to work for peace among the different tribes. Unrest continues though.

Deeta has always been protected from the real world but not now. Returning from a trip to the Marshalls compound they meet up with the worst of enemies, the Lewises. She has to face the real world, death.

This wa
Ria
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A worthy sequel to the first in the series, Broken city.
In this installment of the post apocalyptic saga, time has moved, the characters lives have changed, Ryder and Jan and Tom and Deeta are now married with Jan expecting her first child.
One day on a mission to another tribe the Andak convoy including both Jan and Deeta are attacked by snipers, in the ensuing chaos Ryder is shot, Deeta, Jan and Tom try to make a bid for freedom but also get separated when Tom tries to lead the assailants away
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Last year I had the chance to read Broken City by D.D. Chant. It is a wonderful Dystopia book and I enjoyed it immensely. Last month I was able to get my hands on the second book in this series and I was so excited!

Broken Truce starts with Deeta and Tom married and Tom is still making trips out into the city. This worries Deeta and she looks forward to him coming home. When Deeta and Tom leave to go to a neighboring tribe they think they are safe. Unfortunately on the way back home they find ou
Melanie Adkins
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Life has changed for Deeta Richards and her family. Nothing is going as she thought it would. She is part of a new tribe and her attitudes are changing. She's not sure she is ready for all of this. Tom now has one of the most important jobs he's ever had. Deeta worries for him every time he leaves the compound. Danger is a very real part of their lives. Can they move forward or will they be defeated.

Book 2 in this series is just as fabulous as the first. Well written with characters you will l
Book Junky Girls
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
So Deet is growing and see things the way they really are out in the real world. With her new lot in life there are new struggles and even though she has happiness in her life with Tom there is so much going on out there, much more than you saw in the last book.

This one goes back and forth between about 10 different perspectives so you not only get to see what's going on in one place at a time, but how things are all inner connected. You see more of why people are doing thing the way they are, a
Saumya singh
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better

I was really happy with the first novel in this series, and am even happier with the second. This novel carried with is all the great traits of the first novel while adding in additional suspense and intrigue. I found that I while I was drawn in to the novel based on my love of the original characters I was pleased with the changes that they are undertaking. D.D. chant picks up where broken City left off, and we find that our group is now facing new challenges and li
Terri Sullivan
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC for my honest review*

A nice follow up to Broken City. The story continues with Deeta Richards, having now married Tom Andak and is living in the Andak compound. She had never been out of her tribe's area or dealt with what happens out 'there'. Until now. Her husband is trying to make peace between the tribes but there is so much tension, things that Deeta has never had to deal with before. Something happens while she is out there and Deeta finds that she is in danger.

I found
✿Claire✿
Disclaimer: I was given this as an ARC in return for an honest review

I really, really enjoyed this second instalment of the Broken City series. The characters I liked in the first book continued to develop, especially Deeta and Janny. There were also several new characters that I really felt were built in well, like Max and Ned.

I'm definitely looking forward to what happens next, I hope there's going to be a third book, especially with the ending!! I can't wait to find out the next development
J. Kahele
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first I bought the second. The story begins with Deeta now married to Tom, living in his compound with his tribe. Tom is trying so hard to make peace between the two tribes and it proves to be a difficult time for Deeta. Then something happens and Deeta finds herself in a world of danger.
The best part of this book was the plot, it was intense with lots of action. Lots of action.
Melissa T
This book is packed full of action. *I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review* Full review to come.
Dee/ bookworm
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love this author, no matter what she writes its good (so far)!!!
Jessica
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: d-d-chant
Awesome follow-on from 'Broken City'. One can only assume that there will be a #3 considering how it ends...?
Bianca
Apr 25, 2017
Red Baronix
Dec 17, 2016
Hi everyone!

My name is Dee Dee, I'm twenty seven and I live in a beautiful part of Devon, England, with my family.

That introduction made me feel a little bit like I was on Blind Date!!!

As our house is in the countryside we have some unusual neighbours including chickens, ducks, geese, pheasants, a cat (that adopted us when we moved in!!!) and some koi. I also have a very long suffering younger

Broken City (3 books)
  • Broken City (Broken City, #1)
  • Broken Pride (Broken City, #3)