Start by marking “Bird After Bird” as Want to Read:
Bird After Bird

Bird After Bird

(The Byrds of Birdseye)

"Can you go home again? Maybe not, but you can find home when you stop running from the past."~ Katina F, Amazon reviewer

Finally! An intelligent romance that flips the script on finding real love as a new adult. Wren is no damsel in distress, and Laurie is no mindless hero. Two very real, talented-but-damaged characters discover that growing up doesn't mean being healed by
Published April 6th 2014 (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bird After Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bird After Bird

Amy | Foxy Blogs
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
***2.5 stars***

BIRD AFTER BIRD is a bird lovers delight. Wren Riley and Laurence “Laurie” Byrd both experience the tragedy of losing someone they love. They meet when Wren has returned home a year later after her father's passing. Their friendship blossoms from friends to lovers pretty quickly.

The story opens up with a letter from Wren’s deceased father. The letter and notes her father left for her to discover were my favorite parts of the story. The fatherly advice he bestowed were real gems.
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3 to 3.5 Birdy Stars!

Book ARC provided per author for honest review.

This is one of those sweet reads that hooked me from the first few pages, set my hopes high and then became something else entirely. I felt this book was a solid/decent read, but I also felt it could have been Fabulous!

Quick Synopsis: Wren Riley returns home from Chicago after the passing of her father. She was always bright and determined to get out of small town Birdseye. Home dealing with her father's estate puts her back int
Dee Montoya
***3.5 Sweet Stars****
(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

Wren Riley is a professional and independent woman thriving in the big city; she's grieving the death of her father who was very important to her, they had a very special and close relationship and now that he's gone she feels lost. Back in her home town of Birdseye she was always a star; homecoming queen, student body president and leader of her math club. She grew up and left her town behind, but even after a
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 No Egrets, Sparrow to Sparrow, Homage Stars * * * *

As children we have a sense of where we stand in our family… and that can mean many things. Sometimes you bond with a parent more than the other for any number of reasons. Sometimes the bonding can alternate … depending on times and ages … but what happens most during these bonding periods are the memories created… special moments which can live on forever and bring such closeness to those who may be gone now.

I was not what you would totally
Fran
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

The first time I read the blurb, I thought it sounded different from all the current New Adult books I've been reading. It also reminded me a little bit of Message in a Bottle because of the letters, so I got really excited about it. Of course, when the author, Leslea Tash, emailed me afterwards about doing an ARC review, I got way pumped up about it even more.

Bird After Bird is one of those sweet reads that can warm your heart. It is about a 25-year-old career woman, Wren Riley, who co
Ian
After the death of her father, Wren returns to her childhood home in Indiana. Her plan is to sell the family home as quickly as possible so she can return to her life in Chicago. But when she discovers a journal her father left her, a journal which calls into question the path she has chosen for herself, she is forced to make some choices.

Laurie, a returned serviceman, is carrying the guilt over two deaths. His fiancée, a dog handler who died while on a search and rescue, and a friend who was k
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

When Leslea contacted me about possibly reviewing Bird After Bird I didn't have to think twice. It's a romance which is not the kind of genre I'd usually fall head over heels for but this wouldn't be the first time I read one from authors whose other work I admire. This will in no way alter my opinion on the book.

I read most of Bird After Bird on release day because I let packing and travelling ho
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
Bird After Bird is beautifully written. It is a tender and sweet tale about two bird lovers finding themselves and each other.

"You know all those birding trips we took, where we got out of town and bumped up our life list? You remember those times when we ended up lost, took a wrong turn, and still ended up where we were meant to be? Kid, that's where you are, I think. I think you're trying, but..."

Wren Riley spent one incredible summer with her dad, searching for birds and making new memories f
Brandi {BusyBwith3}
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
I am going to start with an apology. I don't like giving bad reviews but I am, also, honest to a fault. I can't say I hated this book but I didn't love it either? I think it has to be hard to write down your thoughts/story to have others not like it hence the apology because my review will not be flattering.

The book could have been improved in a few ways. While I appreciate everyone has their own likes/ hobbies. I did not need so much detail about bird watching?

I can see the author was on to so
C.D. Reiss
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This.
Looks.
Amazing.
Debra
Apr 02, 2014 marked it as to-read

**ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review**
Althea
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
> French Review <
> English Review <

To be quite honest I don’t know anything about ornithology. I don’t know how to tell most birds apart and as a good city girl, I’ve never been birding. That being said, I was scared that this aspect of the book was not going to get to me… I was wrong. Birding is what created links between Wren and her father and, as someone who was raised by her dad, I could totally relate. Also the aspect of the book that evolves around birds is really well handled
FMABookReviews
***Thank you Fido Publishing and NetGalley for giving me this book in exchange for an honest review.***

I was hooked from the beginning with the endearing letter from Wren's father to her. It was such a lovely gift. We should all be so lucky to have a parent, or someone that we love, care so much as to leave letters upon their dying for us to find. It was evident the love he had for her. How much he understood her. How he knew what she needed.
"Find your center, your peace, your home."
My fav
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

*DNF*

1 Kisses

Well…I haven’t had this happen to me in a while but…I can’t force reading. It either flows or it doesn’t and as much as pieces of this book are working for me, overall…I’m just wasn’t into this one. And you have no idea how much that upsets me. *sigh*…

Okay – so the first chapter…the entire first 3% I was bawling - like horrible ugly cry…it hit very close to home and emotionally I was totally with Wren. I was hooked – that was it for me, I thought
JC82
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review

So I must admit that when I got to the end of this book, I let out a tiny whimper from under my breath. It was over and I didn’t want it to be *insert whiney voice here*

I truly enjoyed this story; the style of writing was unique, fun, quirky and witty. I love how the plot was infused with bird references and fun facts, I mean it only makes sense since Wren is a bird lover and for the most part so is Laurie. Wren and Laurie are definitely
Karin Cox
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I started reading the ARC of this last night at 12:30 am. I usually start my reading that late, and read for half an hour to get me into "sleep" mode. Well, that trick failed last night, because I could NOT STOP reading. It was close to three in the morning before I decided I better take a break.

There's no insta-love here, just great multi-faceted characters with more than a little in common, who you just KNOW are meant to be together. I could just hear the dialogue in my head and SEE these peo
Arianne The Bookworm on the Loose
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was bawling like crazy from the very start of this book. I know I earned curious looks from my kids while I was reading Bird After Bird but I really couldn't help it. It was a touching story.

Bird After Bird follows Wren Riley who was still mourning the loss of his father. She returned to Indiana to sell her father's house a year after he died. She was reading a letter from his father which told her of his undying love to his Princess Birdzilla and left her a book that both of them had created
BookLover
I loved every minute of this story. I couldn’t put it down.

The story didn’t go in the way I had first anticipated. Based on the way it had started, out, with one meeting and then near misses as each one worked through their grief, I thought it was going to be a “Sleepless In Seattle” type of romance. I was very excited when they, very early on, finally met up and started moving forward together.

Some of my favourite characters were the background characters. The way Donna and Lew comforted and l
Julia
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
This book featured some of the best character development that I have ever read in any novel. The backstory of both Wren and Laurie made their actions clear to the reader, even if their motivations for certain behaviors were not spelled out. This was not likely written to be a psychological study, but it reads well for those who are curious about human behavior motivates people. The only downside of the way that unravels in this book is that I wish it had been longer, so we could have seen even ...more
KathyAnne
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
"Life is too short for Egrets!" :)

Lots and lots of bird references in this story. Yes, all you bird watchers and bird lovers... this is a romance written just for you! If you're not a fan of birds maybe not so much. I liked it... definitely something different to offer than your traditional romance and I'm always on board for something fresh and new.
Wren comes home to Birdseye from Chicago to settle her father's estate after he died. He left her a letter inside their old bird journal they made
John Hundley
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I stepped out of my comfort zone to read this book. I’m a fan of this author’s work in other genres, and I was ready to give Bird After Bird a quick four stars after only the first few pages. Then, something happened. I was riding the bus, and I looked up from my kindle to realize I’d ridden several miles past my stop. I’d been drawn into the world of these two characters as I’d rarely been before.
There’s not that much unique in the story. It’s a romance, after all. It’s a sweet tale about los
Christen
Nov 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
Ooh! This looks good!
Guia
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Ebook provded by the author in exchange for an honest review*

If you’re looking for a light, fun read that is sure to tug at your heartstrings, then you should definitely read Leslea Tash’s Bird After Bird. After reading the blurb, I just knew right away that this is not like most other NA novels out there. I was definitely intrigued. So, imagine my excitement when I was given the opportunity to review the book for the blog tour. Needless to say, I signed up faster than a hound out of hell.

Rat
Chu
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

"When you meet the right one, Wren, even after they’re gone you don’t feel lonely the way other people do."

Wren is going to break Laurie’s heart. I just knew it, and I was feeling helpless watching him fall in love with this amazing, intelligent, sad girl whose heart is encased in a huge, thick citadel since the moment she had lost her mom at a young age.

She was the office man-eater. She was good at what she does, and she knows it. She was on her way on b
Talk Supe
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it
NOTE: As per the request of the tour organizer, positive reviews are encouraged, for which I understand since a book tour is basically a publicity tour. As I'm unsure of how my review is going to be perceived, I just decided to post it here instead of on the blog. - Braine

BIRD AFTER BIRD is Leslea Tash's new novel and it's her first contemporary romance. For those of you unfamiliar with her work, LTash also goes by the name Red Tash and she penned the riotous party on wheels fantasy novel, <&
Christina
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2014
Complimentary copy provided in exchange for an honest review.

Wren is at a crossroads in her life. An only child, she’s in her late 20s and has lost both of her parents to cancer. Her personal life leaves a lot to be desired, considering her “boyfriend” is a co-worker (and son of one of the partners in the firm they both work) and a bit of an ass, but her professional life is one to be envied. Working as an economist, she’s good at what she does and can see herself on Forbes’ list of 30 under 30.
Elien
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2014, na-books
This review and so much more on So Bookalicious

Bird After Bird sounded like a perfect sweet read. And in some ways it was but in others it wasn’t. There were certain things that annoyed the hell out of me while reading but in some way I wasn’t able to book the book down either.

Lawrence Byrd is a sweet young men who couldn’t imagine living anywhere else than in Birdseye. He has had a rough life, he was sent to a warzone, his mother doesn’t support him in anything he does and he has lost is fianc
Emily (All in a Book)
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Received an ARC for a blog tour in exchange for an honest review.*

Originally posted on All in a Book. Visit the page to enter a giveaway!

Bird After Bird is a real take on romance—Wren and Laurie are recovering from tragedies in their past, when they meet and find the encouragement to move on in each other.

Wren is the kind of character we all understand at some point—she's driven to a fault and determined to move away from her start in life. But a letter from her recently-deceased father serves
Yolanda
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
It is always nice to check out new authors, and I am glad I checked out “Bird After Bird” by Leslea Tash. It is not every day you come across a heroine and hero who make a connection over birds and what they represent in each others life. I thought this book was insightful, sweet and romantic.

Laurie, is a great guy. He is an artist with a sensitive soul that you can’t help but fall in love with. His connection with Wren is instantaneous. Both characters are trying to overcome losses in their liv
Scott-robert Shenkman
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, I’m kind of a weird guy lately: I really only like to read two types of books – werewolves and romances (with HEAs of course). Sometimes I read werewolf romances (with HEAs). There are no werewolves in this book. But there are A LOT of birds: people named Byrd, people named after birds, people nicknamed after birds, towns named after birds, and lots and lots of real birds. It’s an ornithologist’s dream book.

But it’s also a reader’s dream book because it is excellent. There are three MCs in t
« previous 1 3 next »
Never Too Old For...: Read 4 Review #149 - Bird After Bird (Closed) 25 63 Apr 18, 2014 08:41PM
SALE 1 5 Apr 16, 2014 08:47AM

• A Week for Love to Bloom (Soul Mates 101, #1)
  • Love & Other Lies
  • Southbound Surrender (South Boys, #1)
  • The Baking Life of Amelie Day
  • Leave the Lights On
  • The Color of Light (Goddesses Anonymous, #4)
  • Down Outback Roads (Outback Dust #2)
  • Pearls of Wisdom
  • Burn Out
  • Bad Girlfriend (First and Last, #4)
  • Reap (Reap, #1)
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Script Kiddie (Assured Destruction, #2)
  • The Difference Between You & Me
  • Call Sign Karma
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)
  • Click
  • Class of '98
Author of a variety of novels, short stories, and poetry. Former journalist, avid bird nerd, super-proud wife & mom of four. Slightly opinionated.

Up to my neck in feathers, leaves, and sloppy kisses. Ask me if I mind.

The Byrds of Birdseye (2 books)
  • Book After Book (The Byrds of Birdseye #2)
“For a moment, I felt like myself again. Not the new me, not the old me, just the real me.” 4 likes
“Happier than a bird with a french fry.” 3 likes