Start by marking “Torn (Billionaire Bachelors Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
Torn (Billionaire Bachelors Club, #2)

Torn

(Billionaire Bachelors Club #2)

Marina Knight came to this party for one thing only: to slap Gage Emerson in the face. Poised to snatch up her family’s real estate empire, the sexy tycoon is on the verge of making an enemy for life—even if he can make her melt with a single kiss …

When Gage discovers that the alluring woman before him is the key to his latest acquisition, claiming her as his suddenly does
Published November 19th 2013 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn

Start your review of Torn (Billionaire Bachelors Club, #2)
♡Karlyn P♡
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 stars, just Meeehhhh. Too many WTF scenes, bad decisions, and stupid excuses. All of which killed the romance.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

ARC provided by publisher through Edelweiss for and honest review.

Unfortunately, I didn't really like this one. It followed a very similar formula as the first book in the series, Crave , which I liked. But this one felt rushed and I didn't feel like the there was as much care taken with the relationship between Gage and Marina. The story jumped ahead by weeks and months, seemingly to try to move forward in time to make the relationship progress more realistically for people to fall in lo
Michelle
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gage Emerson is after one thing, prime real estate. But not just any location. The one location coveted by Marina Knight's family. The Molina & Knight Families are staples in the Napa Valley. But when Gage finds that the family is suffering financially he knows it's time to strike.

Marina Knight is desperate to keep her family's bakery open. But she knows that the handsome stranger from out of town is the one person who can take it all away from her. Staying away should be easy, right?

There are
Rejane
Heroine followed in the same footsteps of heroine in the first boss in the series CRAVE. Extremely annoying
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it

The second book in the series after Archer..... well who is going down next in this billionaire club?

Of course, it has to be Gage Emerson!

photo 853131fee3bc7b2d9c08a40cbff15256.jpg

Gage becomes very interested in purchasing a few block of buildings and goes all out to buy in! What he doesn't realise is his challenge and temptation comes in the form of Marina Knight, the daughter of the owner!

photo e27976fb167ce2488d432e6fe7fe9af1.jpg

"Why won't you go to dinner with me?"
"You want the truth"

Maree Repa
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Trouble in the Valley
4.5 rating

I have so enjoyed the exclusive second book of this most amazing romantic series of Billionaires Bachelors Club. I thoroughly enjoyed the first book Crave and just couldn't waited for the next one. Monica Murphy has brought to her readers the sense of pure romance for all her characters. This book focuses us on Gages response to true love.

When Marina Knight finally arrived in the Napa Valley realising there were so many others there too. She was approached by a gor
Autumn Review
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review, arc
It's nice having a break heavy emotional books. TORN was fun and sexy! And I'll go ahead and add in romantic too. Sure, it's a romance read, but Gage turned out to be more of a romantic than I would have guessed. It was nice to see a bit of wooing.

After reading Crave a few months back, I was anxious to know more about Gage. He seemed to be a shark in business and with the ladies. What I found was a sweet, sexy man who also knows the art of courting his lady. But, he never pictured himself gettin
Letitia
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: B ... Heat: Hot

Marina Knight is worried about her and her aunt’s bakery—business has been pretty slow and it’s not picking up. Marina's afraid her dad will sell the whole strip of buildings he owns, bakery included, before she gets a chance to turn it around. Especially since Gage Emerson is very interested in the properties.

Gage Emerson, real estate mogul, has been buying up property all over Napa Valley. Which has made him one of the most disliked persons in the area but he's still try
Megan
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is the second in the Billionaire Bachelors Cub series. While it is loosely connected to the first book in the series, Crave, it can be read as a stand alone.

Marina and Gage have a very tumultuous relationship in the beginning. One minute they can’t keep their hands off each other and the next they are angry and hurling insults. Once they both realize they like care for one another, things calm down quite a bit. There is a pretty large gap that get skipped, about a month, and we don’t
Reader
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GAGE

Three men, friends that made a bet a million dollars to the last man standing. In book one we've already read about Archer and Ivy, this time it's Gage's turn.

Gage is after acquiring some property from Marina Knight's father. But Mr. Knight is proving elusive. When Gage meets Marina he intends to use her to get to her father, but Marina wants something from Gage as well. But neither had planned on the red hot attraction between them both.

This second book is ever better than the first IMO. Ga
♥Rachel♥
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Review to come.
Lisa
3 “Boy Toy” Kisses

I had a feeling these devious little billionaire bad boys were going to be the death of me and I was so right. I feel the same way about Torn that I did about Crave . I loved the premise...I love the characters...it's just a cocktail for fun! There is just something to be said about a man...that when he meets the right woman...and everything just clicks...I dunno, I can’t help but love it. And I loved a lot about Gage and Marina.

Gage Emerson...his name just exudes sex for
☕️Kimberly
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
My date with Torn:
First date: We meet Marina Knight, who is struggling to keep her bakery Autumn Harvest above water. She is attending a local event when she meets the irresistible Gage Emerson. He is an outsider who has been buying up local real estate. Marina knows he has been trying to contact her father to buy the property he owns, and she hates him for it. Ooo but there are sparks and Marina’s panties are wet just from looking at him…that is till he opens his mouth and inserts his foot. Men
Janey
May 21, 2013 rated it liked it

The 2nd of this series, we are introduced to Gage Emerson and Marina Knight.

Marina runs the Autumn Harvest Bakery, alongside her Aunt Gina, who makes the most delish cakes. Finances have been difficult lately, and word has spread that a new investor in town would like to buy up the Bakery, along with the surrounding commercial buildings that Marina's respected family currently own.

A wine & food tasting evening was guaranteed to bring the rumoured investor out of the woodwork, so Marina
Kimberly Rinaldi
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
“You swoop in when someone is vulnerable and desperate for money. Then you take everything from them.”

You can see my full review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

You can check out more of my reviews at:

Makeba Stewart
This love story is of Marina and Gage. At first Gage wanted her real estate, it was top priority, until he met her. I enjoyed this sweet love story and the characters within. The sex scenes were steamy and the sexual tension was good, as well as the story line and characters. This was a good reads.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
"TORN is sexy, flirty and sophisticated and is a wonderful addition to the series."

Read this review in its entirety atFresh Fiction
Tori
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/12/review-...

Favorite Quote: “I want to completely give in to sin and not worry about the consequences.”

Maryam
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great book. Kind of like the first book in these series except alot hottor and steamier (more sex scenes) sex scences. Gage is just damn so hot. I loved him and marinas chemistry. It was a great fun read. (:
Tammy Sargeant
Nov 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Couldn't get into it after 3 chapters. Found it boring. Couldn't get into the characters are the story. Meh!
Katie Keller
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Super easy read.... super forgettable too.
Lakesha Foster
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
i liked this book. the characters very interesting to read. The story was based on sexual context.
Heather
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Torn is the 2nd book in the Billionaire Bachelors Club Series. As we already know, Asher, Gage and Matt are best friends. While at a friend's wedding, the three of them declared they NEVER wanted to get married. The wager was high. ONE MILLION DOLLARS to the last single man standing. Asher is out, being that he fell in love with Gage's baby sister, Ivy and they are engaged to be married. So the bet is between Gage and Matt. Who will be the last single man standing? Gage? Matt?

Gage Emerson is a r
Lindy
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

Monica Murphy is one of my go to authors when I want a really steamy, fast-past read. She is in my Top 10 Favorite Authors/Auto-Buy List, and when I see her name on a book, I have come to expect a great book! I'm starting to learn that while the Drew and Fable series is multi-layerd, full of angst, and has really involved story lines, The Billionaire Bachelors Club Series is light, fast paced reading, simpler, and the story lines aren't as complex. Yet, what both of these series cont
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Torn by Monica Murphy
I read Torn in one sitting. The smile I had from ear to ear from the first page to the last was addictive.

23 year old bakery owner Marina and 28 year old businessman Gage have are complete opposites. He wants a meeting with her dad, and she wants him as far away from her dad, her self, and her bakery. It’s a combination of lust and hate at first sight, and it was hella entertaining. The dual point of view just made it even better.
I’ve been rejected twice within an hour. First by Marina,
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
3.5 Stars
You can read this and other reviews at Madison Says

Torn is the second book in the Billionaire Bachelors Club series by Monica Murphy, and in my very humble opinion, more of the same. This short novel is jam packed with steamy, white hot sex scenes, but leaves you craving more in the plot department. It’s a basic plot with very little mystery. That being said, the fluidity of Monica Murphy’s writing style will keep me coming back for more.

Much like in Crave, the first book in the series
Ellen
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tours, edelweiss
3.5 Stars

Marina Knight has graduated college and taken over managing the bakery, one of the businesses owned by her family. Marina has never felt like her family took her seriously and really wants to do well, proving to her family that she indeed is the businesswoman that she desires to be. After the economic crises hit, Marina's family took a big loss, and have had to sell off a good bit of personal property. Unfortunately, one of the prime strips of real estate her family owns happens to inc
Debbie
Review originally posted on Keep Calm & Read Romance

As with the first novel, Crave, in Monica Murphy's Billionaire Bachelor's Club, TORN is a quick read filled with lots of great banter between the main characters and plenty of steamy scenes that'll leave wanting to stand outside in the chilly weather to cool off.

"Every time we encounter one another, sparks fly, and usually they're the angry ones."

As a member of a well known family from the Napa Valley area, Marina Knight has a l
Kim
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Gage Emerson is intimidating. Gorgeous. Captivating. I should run. Right now. Just turn tail and run.

Gage Emerson is a successful, powerful, usually in control real estate mogul. Marina Knight comes from a previously strong and wealthy family and now runs their failing bakery. He wants her family properties. But he also finds he wants her. She wants a meeting with his best friend Archer as a business connection to help save her sinking business. But she also wants him.
Can they make a deal?

They
Seirra
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A review copy was provided for an honest review. Torn is a hot little read with an impulsive and combustible romance. Gage was briefly introduced in the first novel Crave, but readers get to know and swoon over him in this installment. While I felt the previous book that was centered on Archer Bancroft and Ivy Emerson lacked consistency, Torn was solid. The two leads Gage and Marina have major chemistry and yet at the same time they struggle with what they feel for each other. Inner conflict pla ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Castle Hill (On Dublin Street, #3.5)
  • Necessary Roughness (Love and Football #7)
  • Until Fountain Bridge (On Dublin Street, #1.5)
  • Molto amore per nulla
  • How to Date a Younger Man
  • Breathless for You
  • All I Want Is You
  • A Mess of a Man (Cruel & Beautiful, #2)
  • Secrets and Seashells at Rainbow Bay
  • A un solo passo da te
  • Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)
  • Me Since You
  • Where the River Ends
  • Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street, #5)
  • An On Dublin Street Halloween (On Dublin Street, #1.2)
  • Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street, #4)
  • Intercepting Daisy (Love and Football #6)
  • Holding Holly (Love and Football, #4.5)
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram:

Billionaire Bachelors Club (3 books)
  • Crave (Billionaire Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Savor (Billionaire Bachelors Club, #3)

News & Interviews