Start by marking “Algorithm of Nightmares” as Want to Read:
Algorithm of Nightmares

Algorithm of Nightmares

Short story novel of historical horror and dark fantasy, featuring 7 SNM Mag published stories and 7 new ones. Debut novel authored by Jeff Parsons. 216 pages, 67,500 words. Edited by Steven N. Marshall. Artwork by Samantha Marshall. Fiction. “When your life becomes a dream from which you cannot wake, your nightmares slowly take shape within your own darkness, forming shad ...more
Published November 30th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Algorithm of Nightmares, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Algorithm of Nightmares

Start your review of Algorithm of Nightmares
Kathryn D. Jacks
Review of Algorithm of Nightmares by Jeff Parsons

Algorithm of Nightmares, a collection of short horror stories by Jeff Parsons, consists of two parts in which fourteen individual stories reside. The collection adds up to about two-hundred and ten pages. The format is sensible and the font is easy to read, while the stories themselves are fairly brief (not bogged down with excess detail) allowing for a fast-paced read.

While the beginning stories are intriguing and unique, the i
Jessica
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was my first book that I won on Goodreads! I was so excited because I love horror stories along with all supernatural and fantasy/sci-fi things! I received this in the mail on Halloween and was super stoked to read it. After all, what is better than reading a novel filled with horror short stories on Halloween, especially with a cover like that?

After reading the very first story, I was a little confused and kept thinking "that's it? That's how this ended?" I understand that they
Kerry Morgan
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I also posted this for amazon. Another collection of short stories that every horror author should take part of! Leaves you breathless wanting for more!

My fingers gripped this book so tightly they cramped when I finished, dying for more. I was incredibly intrigued with the imagination, it took to form each "nightmare" and maybe a little jealous! I haven't been able to distinguish a favorite, because each one captures a different kind of fear. I couldn't put this book down. I was capt
Sunni
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Algorithm of Nightmares is a fine short story collection from Jeff Parsons, an author whose short fiction has appeared in genre magazine SNM Horror Mag. Praise to Steven and Samantha Marshal for recruiting Parsons to their team of authors and for publishing this book.
Swirling fantastical and horrific elements into compact, swift-moving prose, the overall impact is one where special powers, secretive plots, and buried treasures can spell doom for overreaching characters. A couple of tales a
Michael Musto
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An nice collection of short stories with more than a few really excellent ones (Road to Hell/Here be Dragons/Beneath the Surface in particular). It is interesting to me to see an author learning to find that sweet spot of storytelling where you stop being conscious of reading words, and just start to flow with the story.
Erin
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each tale stands alone and is able to transport you into its reality. Although they are short stories, the characters are identifiable and I felt that I knew them at the end. A few of the stories drew me in and left me wondering what happens next? A very enjoyable read and well worth your time.
Roger
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: new horror fans
Shelves: horror
Jeff Parsons' collection of stories are enjoyable, but predictable. Out of the 14 stories in this collection, I had figured out the ending in 11 long before reaching the conclusion. These stories are well suited for readers who are new to reading horror/thriller/suspense, however.
Max Barry
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is great read. It kept my interest from the first short story to the last. It was both scary and suspenseful. I recommend it to all who enjoy dark fantasy.
Amy
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, this is an impressive collection of short stories. All are quick reading and my favorites included Astral Explorer, Conscious Awakening, Here Be Dragons, and A Cold Dark Place.
Miles Harrell