Start by marking “Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox: Story with Instructional Song” as Want to Read:
Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox: Story with Instructional Song

Read Book

Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox: Story with Instructional Song

4.52  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
"Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit And The Fox" is a cute story with disneyesque, yet thoroughly modern artwork, offering a fun and simple lesson for tying a "school boy knot" in a tie. The last page of the story contains an instructional song. The book and the song are meant to be used together as a family activity where all members follow along with the rabbit and fox a ...more
Published September 29th 2012 by Sybrina Publishing & Distribution Company (first published August 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox

Bonnie Davis
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This clever little book has full page gorgeous illustrations by Donna Marie Naval. The story itself is about a little, white rabbit living alone in the woods in a small, dark hole. The rabbit comes out when it wants to eat and one day wanders a little too far way. It comes across a fox who is hungry... you'll have to read the book to learn what happened.

While the story of the rabbit and fox is being played out the reader is taught how to tie a tie. This is something I struggled with when my son
Kris
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read your books today, Tie a Tie with the Rabbit & the Fox and just loved it. I found the illustrations to be adorable and the writing to be playful and easy to understand. The instructions and story went very well together and will be a very nice teaching tool for children and parents alike. I personally never tied a tie before and I was just asked the other day in a store from a woman buying ties for her grandson, if I knew how to tie a tie...or if I knew where she could learn. I so wish ...more
Valerie
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very cute story - illustrations are amazing! Even if this weren't about tying a tie the story would be cute and fun for kids. Strange thing is, it's a nice refresher course for adults or a way for younger adults new to wearing a tie (not everyone does these days). In fact, that's my only concern - how many kids need to learn how to tie a tie? But great idea and hopefully there will be many more to come from this author.
Susan
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sybrina pens a entertaining and fascinating story that will teach your child (or you) how to tie a necktie without a problem. I didn't know how to do it until I read this book, it was simple and to the point with a small song your child can sing to remember it by that you can find at the author's website. Highly recommended for everyone who wants to or needs to learn how to tie a necktie.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Risa
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an adorable idea for a book! This book is to teach children how to tie a tie and uses a story of a rabbit and a fox to teach that. The story makes learning and remember how to tie a tie easy for a child. It is also a very cute and fun story.

Read more at Strawberry Cow
Sybrina Durant
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a great story for anyone wanting to learn to tie a tie or not. And it can fit right into any age group. The cute pictures make it seem like it's for younger children but the illustrations teach an invaluable skill. So, it's especially fun if an older sibling is reading it to a younger sibling. Also lots of fun as a family activity.
Linda C
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for boys both young and old to learn how to tie a tie, and remember how to do it throughout life. Good for Mom's who would have no way of knowing how to do this to give to their sons!
Mrspam4ever
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
What a cute little book, everyone could learn how to tie a tie if they read this book!
Vera Godley
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
It seems that fewer and fewer men are wearing ties in today's world and the little boys are simply not learning how to tie a tie. But society does require or demand a tie to be worn by gentlemen at least on some occasions. So don't forget to teach the boys to tie a tie - someday he may need to dress appropriately for a special occasion or a job that requires the wearing of a tie.

Sybrina Durant has written a cute little book that teaches how to go about tying a tie. There is also a cute little so
Stephanie Noel
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't usually review children's books because I don't have children and thus don't usually have the opportunity to read that kind of literature. So when author Sybrina Durant gave me the opportunity to review her, I was delighted.

Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit & the Fox is a cute story that teaches kids – you will have guessed – how to tie a tie through the Native American lore of the Rabbit and the Fox. The instruction are very well integrated to the tale, as a result, it flows natura
Mymcbooks
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review: A book parents and their children can read together, learning how to tie a tie based on the Rabbit and the Fox story.

While looking for food one afternoon, the little Rabbit strayed from the safety of his home. While munching on a juiciest shoots he failed to hear the soft padding of footsteps approaching from behind. The Rabbit found himself face to face with a gray Fox. The Rabbit bounded away while the Fox ran after him. “Once around the tree the Fox chased the Rabbit. Twice around
Shannon McGee
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, 2014
With a story and a song author Sybrina Durant book is a instruction to boys and those raising boys on how to tie a tie.

I myself am a woman, not raising a boy and I have a husband who knows how to do this so I am not the target at the moment. I do believe that it true that the lesson of tying a tie may be on a losing end of a battle because single mom’s have been on the rise I suppose. I support the idea of passing this story on along with the instructional pictures within.

The story of the rab
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
This is a fun instructional story put to song to teach just about anyone how to tie a tie. The story is put to a rhyming song of Rabbit and Fox on the path that will have you tying a tie lickity split.

The illustrations depict the story leaving no doubt as to what the rabbit and the fox are trying to teach. You've got it, they are teaching us to tie a tie!

I want to thank the author because I never learned to tie a tie. Now I am a pro thanks to her and this fun book. The author provides a video
Raven Reviewer
Jun 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Children
Recommended to Raven by: Author
This instructive children's book teaches a child how to tie a tie using a story. The book tells a story and then shows how remembering the story can illustrate tying a tie.

Unique and very cute, I was really impressed by this one. Cleverly devised, this was such a smart and useful idea for kids. In this day and age, with single moms and non-traditional families, sometimes these skills can be lost.

However, the execution here left little to be desired. The story could have been simpler and then rep
Sybrina Durant
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"Learn To Tie A Tie With The Rabbit and the Fox" is a cute story offering a a fun and simple lesson for tying a "school boy knot". If you are young at heart, you will be rooting for the little rabbit to escape the snapping jaws of the very hungry fox as they race through the forest mimicking the motions of tying a tie.

The Rabbit and the Fox method of tying a tie, is formally known as the "Four in Hand, which produces a small asymetrical knot. It is believed to be the most popular method of tying
CJ
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received "Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit & the Fox" by Sybrina Durant from Goodreads first-reads giveways. I hadn't tied a tie in 20 years and now needed to tie one for my son's school concerts. A clip-on just wasn't acceptable for the young man my son is now, but I couldn't remember how to tie a tie anymore with so many years in-between. I saw this book in the Goodreads giveaways and knew I had to try for it. The illustrated tale of the fox chasing the rabbit with the illustrated tech ...more
Athena Nagel
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
My son is on the autism spectrum and loves his ties. My husband has a collection of hundreds of ties and my son has a strong desire to compete with that collection. He would wear ties every single day if he could. Problem is he can't because we don't always have time to tie them for him. Although he hasn't completely learned how to tie one yet this book has gone a long way in almost achieving that goal. I have no doubt he will be fully taught in a couple weeks. This is amazing for him. Now I jus ...more
Diana
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A cute story and colorful illustrations provide a fun and easy approach in learning to tie a knot in a necktie. Following the story of the fox chasing a rabbit, the up-beat song will help you in performing the challenge of this hand and eye coordination task. My grandson was delighted to cheer on the rabbit escaping the quick gray fox. How does the little rabbit do it? Why, it's as easy as tying a "school boy knot." What I especially like about the book and song is that it brings families togeth ...more
Joyce Yanney
Joyce Yanney's review
Oct 12, 13 · edit

4 of 5 stars
Read on October 11, 2013

Lori
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it
I wasn't a fan of this book. While the concept is interesting, I found there wasn't much connection between tying a tie to the fox and rabbit other than movement. And there was inconsistency. First the fox was the larger part of the tie. Then the rabbit was the larger side jumping into a "hole" of the neck knot. Though, I do see the author's approach, I felt execution was lacking.

It was also difficult to read as an ebook. The first page was unclear. I could not read text due to white font and r
Joyce Yanney
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
A book to help children to learn how to tie a tie using the rabbit and the fox story. Its a clever story, helping parents to teach their children to tie properly. Book tells the story, then illustrates on how to tie. The last page has a song of Tie a Tie With The Rabbit and The Fox. Really cute story. Highly recommend this book. It was kind of hard for me to do this review because my book was in Spanish. Lucky for me I have a renter that is Spanish and she was very helpful in reading and explain ...more
Juliet Wilson
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A day in the life of a little rabbit, happily eating the tasty green shoots of grass until he spies a fox. A chase ensues (scenes of what might be called mild peril!) and the two animals trace out the actions needed to tie a neck tie.

Beautifully illustrated by Donna Marie Naval and with a fun song at the end, this is a wonderful book for anyone who can't tie a tie or who loves bunnies. You can use it as a family activity, so grab your neck-ties and get ready to follow the instructions given by
Marcie
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Using the cleverly written, easy to follow instructions, my grandson has learned to tie a tie. The story that goes along with the book is cute, though it doesn't seem to link back to tying a tie. Still, I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to teach a young boy the basic Windsor knot. I received this book from Librarything in return for a review.
Lisa
cute story. i liked it. i didn't know there was a story to go with tying a tie.
Deranged Pegasus
Feb 20, 2013 marked it as to-read
I am so thankful for Goodreads First Reads for allowing me to get this book. I have not yet had a chance to read it but once I do I will be sure to update this review.
Sybrina Durant
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book is great for anyone wanting to learn to tie a tie or not. It's a fun read and great activity book for parents and children.
Sybrina Durant
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Available in 3 languages. :)
Elsbeth
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finally my husband is able to tie his own tie!
Practical book with a cute story.

Thank you, Sybrina Durant, for sharing this!
Mackenzie
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment: A Treatment Guide
  • It's a Catastrophe
  • High School Substitute Teacher's Guide: YOU CAN DO THIS
  • Peace
  • If You Were Me and Lived In... Turkey: A Child's Introduction to Culture Around the World
  • Slices
  • Invasion (Shifter Evolutions, #1)
  • Zack & Zoey's Alien Apocalypse -or- Alien Busting Ninja Adventure (Zack & Zoey #1)
  • The Hunted of 2060 (Shifter Evolutions #5)
  • Letters from Wishing Rock: a novel with recipes (Wishing Rock, #1)
  • Out of This World
  • And They Called Her Spider (Bartleby and James Adventures - Galvanic Century - Book 1)
  • Have a Nice Weekend
  • The Mosswoods
  • The Adventures of Blue Ocean Bob: A Journey Begins
  • Dirty Little Angels
Hi:

I am the author of many different types of books. Some are technical and others are fanciful. Illustrated books are my favorite. I believe that you can capture a reader’s attention with a good story but amazing artwork will reel them in and keep them riveted.

My latest effort is "The Blue Unicorn's Journey To Osm Illustrated Book For Teens and Older Readers".

It is on this Goodreads Listopia. h