Start by marking “Preparedness Principles: The Complete Personal Preparedness Resource Guide for Any Emergency Situation” as Want to Read:

4.65  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Personal preparedness expert Barbara Salsbury brings together years of research and experience, giving you the know-how to set up an organized, practical, personal preparedness program that will provide for most wants and needs in any emergency situation. PREPAREDNESS PRINCIPLES, the most comprehensive preparedness guide ever published, offers exclusive details about: * Fo ...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Horizon Publishers & Distributors

To ask other readers questions about Preparedness Principles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preparedness Principles

Romie
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A well organized reference manual on how to be prepared for about any sort of emergency or disaster--not including 1st aid info. I liked the side notes of people's own experiences in disasters, these made me think. Great ideas on how to get a good storage of food together, how to find room for it, even plans for making shelves. Sections deal specifically with how to be prepared for tornado, earthquake, hurricane, nuclear fallout, and more. I ended up buying this one after checking it out at the ...more
Ami
Jul 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
An incredible, in-depth book concerning emergency preparedness and food storage. While the author's tidbits of humor fell slightly flat, the information that was shared was top quality. Scenarios I had never considered were brought to my attention. While I may never go to all the extremes she raises in this book, I am now dedicated to becoming better prepared for the "what ifs."
Joyce
Jul 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Actually, I've browsed this book, rather than reading it cover to cover. Trying to read it straight through will completely overwhelm and discourage you, unless you are already deeply involved in assembling your food storage. However, there is an abundance of excellent and common-sense advice in this book, and taken in small bites at a time, it's a must-have for your preparedness bookshelf!
Zinger
Feb 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008
This is a really good book that covers preparedness topics from indoor gardening, biological attacks by terrorists, natural disasters, first aid, finances, food storage, fuels, use of space, sanitation,...
I need to read it again and take notes, or better yet, purchase the book.
Katie
Oct 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book has just about anything you can think of (and more that you wouldn't have thought of) about emergency preparedness. A measure of peace results from being prepared for the unknown. And there is no better time to prepare than the present.
Heather
Apr 30, 2009 marked it as to-read
I haven't read this book yet, but I read a review of it on a preparedness blog. It covers ideas on food storage, emergency preparedness, and disaster preparedness. Looks like it could share a bunch of ideas of stocking up and getting stuff organized.
Carlene
Nov 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is an AWESOME book on emergency preparedness. It is easy to read and very inspiring. I love all of the information and ideas written by someone who has lived through various emergencies herself.
Naomi
May 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: instructional
A wonderful resource for getting prepared for disaters/emergencies. Highly recommended.
Christina
Feb 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this book. It breaks down the prepardness principles into very manageable pieces and it also has some great ideas.
Tanya
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book, lots of practical ideas. Many are easy to complete and we all should be making preperations in our lives.
Sep 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
LOTS of information about getting prepared. It's a perfect how-to manual. I love her panty system.
Mindy
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: informational
I loved how this was so full of great information, and was written in such a way that it was easy to read, and was very motivating to ramp up your personal preparedness! Awesome!
Karen
Jul 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Any book by Barbara Salisbury is highly recommended. She knows her stuff.
Amanda
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I have definitely learned a lot from Barbara. This is one book I think I am going to buy. It is not a one time read through, and I know that it will come in handy again. PLEASE READ THIS!
Natalie
Alison
Oct 13, 2008
Andrea
Jan 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great book for really getting prepared
Julene
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great advice and teachings from a real preparedness expert!!! Love this book!!
Kate