Start by marking “The Promise (The 'Burg, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Promise (The 'Burg, #5)

The Promise

(The 'Burg #5)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  15,283 ratings  ·  1,279 reviews
Since his brother’s death, Benny Bianchi has been nursing his grudge against the woman he thinks led to his brother’s downfall. He does this to bury the feelings he has for Francesca Concetti, his brother’s girl. But when Frankie takes a bullet while on the run with Benny’s cousin’s woman, Benny has to face those feelings.

The problem is Frankie has decided she’s paid her
Published July 8th 2014 by Kristen Ashley (first published April 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Promise, please sign up.
Blackdahlia at the end of this one was written there will be a next one about cheryl and merry :)
Alice Flores they don't say what happened to merry's wife . i expect we will find out in her next book merry and cheryls story. can't wait.

·  15,283 ratings  ·  1,279 reviews

Start your review of The Promise (The 'Burg, #5)
Duchess Nicole
Let's put it this way...had this been my first...or even my tenth Kristen Ashley book, I might have been thrilled to read it and soaked up every last word of the story. However, I've read more than twice that amount, and I just can't bring myself to invest more of my valuable reading time on one again for quite some time.

As everyone was, I was over the moon excited about reading Benny and Frankie's story. Unrequited love, a heated and dramatic past, a truly worthy separation (for once) had me
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

My casting for Benny since he wears white tees.... ;)

**** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ****

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I finished this book with happy tears in my eyes and the most content feeling you can imagine. It was pure Vintage KA awesomeness. Frankie & Benny's story truly delivered everything I'd hoped for and more!

Before anything, please note that you must read At Peace at some point before this book. You don't have to re-read it per se but The Promise starts about a week after At Peace ends and
Jamie
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
2.5 to 3 Stars.....

Le Sigh... I, like hundreds of other KA fans have been waiting and waiting and waiting... and waiting for Benny and Frankie's story. It seemed like it would never get here. Unfortunately, once it got here I didn't think it would ever end.

This story could EASILY been cut in half.. and in my opinion it should have. In the past, I have really loved KA's long books.. she has the ability to really fill a lot of pages with some good dialogue and plot. But this time it was jus
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
2.5 I'm still crying in disappointment stars

First of all, I'm still processing the shock that I just rated a self-pub KA anything less than 4 stars

Now before you start throwing things, allow me to explain....
And fair warning, you're about to read a slight rant, so if you're easily offended, I'd suggest you look away right about now. Can't say I didn't warn you.

2 years. That's 730 days. That's 17531 painfully long hours since I first read At Peace. That's also how long I've been waiting for Fran
Christy
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Crazy-Beautiful stars!

photo 2ea83eb1-3aee-4971-aed3-d986bc64b575_zpsa30a2b10.jpg

Frankie and Benny! I have been amped up to read this book since it was first announced. At Peace is one of my all time favorite KA books, and we were introduced to this couple there. This story picks up almost immediately after At Peace ends…

photo 841bebd8-83e4-4c30-acbd-1fe4937598e9_zpsb96bdec0.jpg

Frankie has been through a lot in the last 7 years. 7 years of heartache, pain and losing not only her man, but the only real family she’s ever known. After putting herself out there big time and risking her life, her ‘family
Geri Reads
May 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 'maybe my expectations were too high' stars!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry, you guys but I'm bummed. My expectations for Frankie and Benny's story were sky-high, and that's on me.

I wanted to like this book. I really do. And had this been any other KA book, I would have given this a four but this was Frankie and Benny! I've been waiting for their story ever since At Peace. I thought their story was going to be epic, so I was disheartened when I actually started skimming around 48%.

The Story

After taking the blam
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Full review now posted........

5++++++++++++ 'be still my heart' stars!!!

Before I share my review...

I have to thank my fellow escapism reading friends on Goodreads who introduced me to the world of Kristen Ashley’s stories. If I could hug you, I would, and some of you I have. Thank you, thank you, and thank you! From the bottom of my heart... I can't imagine not having the beauty of Kristen Ashley's stories in my life.

My review...

If you’re like me and live love to read, and you wake up in the mo
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Re-read Attempt 1 10/17/14...with same results!

Original Review:

3 Stars...Barely

description

Let me first say that I am a HUGE Kristen Ashley fan. HUGE. She is one of my all-time favorite authors and I have read all of her stories multiple times, some over 10 times. I will (and have) read everything she has written (except for that Mathilda thing...).

Seriously, if she crapped on a piece of paper, I'd read that too.

With that said, I'm not gonna lie, I hold her to a different standard than I do other authors.
Jen
2.5 Underwhelming Stars

”Babe, you cannot plan life, You can pull out all the stops to plan for everything and life will find a way to fuck with those plans, sock you right in the gut, send you scrambling. Through that, you either have the balls not to look back down and the strength to know what’s important and hold on with everything you got, or you don’t have that and you give up, ‘cause you’re weak. Know two things for certain: I’m not fuckin’ weak and you aren’t either.”

How to start this
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **sweet & spicy** STARS

“You were mine, even when you were his.”

Unpopular opinion...I loved this book.

The Promise was a very interesting read for me. For starters I was looking forward to read Benny & Frankie's story for a long time and on the other hand I had seen so many mixed ratings for this book and I was worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations. Well, I loved it.

Frankie and Benny are two characters we already met in the second book of the 'Burg series - At Peace and the
~IreneOust~
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, need-this-now

Review to be posted during blog tour on July 10th at tSCB.

photo 89e7bbb7-4bd7-46e3-ab6d-bf88155cd0de_zpsaa765f34.jpg

If you are a true fan of Kristen's work, then I have no doubt in my mind this book is on your list of 'the most anticipated releases of 2014' and if it isn't, then you can't really call yourself a true fan ...

'The 'Burg' is my favorite series of Kristen Ashley's and book two of the series, 'At Peace', is my ultimate favorite read of hers and one of the most reread books on my Kindle. 'The Promise' felt like 'At Peace - Part II' and that m
Pam
4 “Crazy-beautiful.” stars

For seven years Frankie's been living in a daze, going through the motions, but then one day she got a wild hair and took a bullet for her ex-boyfriends family and considered it her final penance. She's done. Time to finally move on, or as soon as she's all healed that is. But the bullet triggered something else, it got a certain someone to pull his head out of his ass and finally did something he's been dying to do.
"I don’t want easy, Frankie. I had my shot at
Kristen
3 Stars

Overall, I enjoyed this book. That said, I didn't enjoy the long distance relationship or how quickly Frankie forgave Benny and his family for how cruelly they treated her for years. To be honest, I think this is a case of waiting so long for a particular story that my expectation were probably set to high for this one. It happens. Moving on to the next book in the series.

photo photo-8.jpg

Vallsykes
Me. before I read the book: I haven't been over the moon about KA's last few works. The Will was decent. However, just the thought of Frankie and Bennie (a glimpse of Joe and Vi...)
description
Should I refrain from being super excited about going back to the 'Burg?

Update: Should I have refrained? Answer: YES!
Me. after I read the book:
description
How could one of my favorite authors, the author who penned the likes of Tate, Tack and Joe, drop the ball on Benny Bianchi, Italian American, Chicagoan pizza maker, badass
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: KA Fans, Romance, Everyone
4 Guilty Pleasure Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
There are things we do... knowing we really shouldn't indulge... like have one and a half more bites of that creamy, delicious New York Cheesecake... or maybe the desire to have another drink or two with your friends when you have an early morning meeting scheduled. It can also happen when something is so good in a story... repetition can sneak in and dilute some of the power of the words or situations.

I liked the idea of Frankie and Benny... there wa
Georgia ♥
2.5 I Can't Believe It Happened Stars

description

Sweet mother of God.... I am in shock.
I am sorry, I am despaired, I almost DNFed a KA book.

description

You know me. I am a huge KA fan. I devour her every book, I quote her, I breathe and live to read her stories. And this why I couldn't enjoy this one. Because I have dreamt and swooned over her previous books, this one fell short and kinda disappointed me...

description

I digged Frankie and Benny. I anticipated their story since At Peace, when we first met them. I wanted remorse, ac
Rachel Reads Ravenously
DNF at 51 %

I just can't take any more of this.

Maybe it's me, but this book was so boring. I could also just be in a slump.
I still love you Ms. Ashley!!!!!
Shawna
3-3 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

Like many KA fans, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the continuation of Frankie and Benny’s story since their electric and dramatic connection in At Peace. I read that book all the way back in March of 2012, so that’s more than two years of keen anticipation.

I wish I could say The Promise fully delivered and satisfied my high expectations, but sadly, I was really disappointed. I liked but didn’t love it, and honestly, I found myself rather bored at times. For me,
Eliza
With the exception of "Knight" I find reading KA books a peculiar experience. I always read them while I read another book otherwise I loose all sense of time. In regards to her characters she immerses you in ALL aspects of their lives, which personally for me can be distracting from the main plot BUT when I get to the point where I think i've had enough, I cant help but miss them and their little quirks.
Jane Turner
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
I don't know what to say.
It was less than I hoped.
The second half saved it from being 3 stars.
The Epilogue was great but not special.

However I will read book 6 of the series happily, because I loved the hint we got here :)
Vishous

I wasn't disappointed with this book simply because I knew what I would get. I had no expectations for some plot, except how he will "woo" her back in his life, after 7 years of being a prick to her.
Honestly, for feeling like she did, I wouldn't have caved so easy and so fast. I think I would hold my grudge till death... But I am not Frankie.
Also him giving up, after she did what she did, was prickish, escpecially because he expected from her to forgive him next day his 7 years of being asshole
Michelle [Helen Geek]

Ending = 3 Star
Worth the Chili = 3 Stars -- [$3.99 on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Moderate
518 pages

Hmm... Was there a story here? Really? Well, you may not think so if you gave up on the book at 60% or so. A pseudo story developed, but I almost wish it hadn't.

An epiphany for me reading this one. I've given up wishing tha
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Review posted at: www.SweptAwayByRomance.com

5 Sexy Italian Alpha Stars!!!

I went into this book thinking that like with most Kristen Ashley books I was going to really, really like it. I was not sure if I was going to love it, mostly because I didn't feel a connection with Frankie when we met her in At Peace. I did like her, obviously because of what she did for Cal & Vi....boy was I was wrong, I LOVED THE PROMISE!! I fell in love with Frankie once I understood her and all that she endured, w
Kim  *Mo Chridhe*
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kristen-ashley
I feel a little let down :( I liked it. I just wished it evoked more feelings from me.

You know, I don't even call this book by its title. I call it Frankie and Benny. I loved the idea of them. My heart fluttered when I reread their scenes in At Peace, and I've read that book countless times. Funny, I still cry at certain scenes in that book. This one? Nada. No tears. No wailing with feels. Zero.

I didn't hate it, but I guess I expected more. I loved the idea of an angry Frankie and a wooing Benn
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Rating:3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

3.5 Sweet and Spicy stars

"You've got nothin' but good comin' your way, Frankie, I can promise you that," he said softly.

This has to be the most highly anticipated Kristen Ashley novel, for me, in a very long time. We were introduced to Frankie and Benny in At Peace, one of my ALL TIME favorite books. Frankie with his charming smile and mov
Kelli C
So here is the deal...I flipping love KA. I love her writing style, her dominant alpha men and the crazy-beautiful women they love. I also love the cray-cray emotional rollercoaster rides of love stories that is the basis of most of her plots. Obviously I am a fan!

Putting that out there, I will admit that this tale was not unique. Benny and Frankie could easily been Feb and Colt, Dusty and Mike, Lee and Indy...who cares! Didn't matter because they were Benny and Frankie...and I loved them and th
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️ 2.5 STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Meet my Benny...

And Frankie...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Natasha is a Book Junkie
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“You were mine, even when you were his.”

Kristen Ashley truly has one of the most recognisable and inimitable voices of today, and while her books carry her signature prose in every single sentence, each one of her series has a different kind of ‘feel’, a different type of ‘undercurrent’ tying the stories together, and creating a unique, addictive reality to immerse and lose ourselves in for as long as we can. I have adored every book I have ever read by this author, but this series g
Robin (Bridge Four)
Buddy read with my Killer KA Klub at at Buddies Books & Baubles

3.38 The Promise of You Stars

Kristen Ashley (KA) is my book crack. and much like crack you either have an addiction to it or you are a firm believer it is horrible. I really believe there is no in-between for her books you love them or hate them. Her stories probably aren’t good for my health as most of the time they have really skewed ideas of healthy relationships and seduction.

Real World - Some guy that you have been avoiding lik
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
♦ 4.5 "Love is never wrong" Stars! ♦

photo The Promise - Kristen Ashley_zpsmxcvn5gq.png

I've been waiting to have the last book in this series by Kristen Ashley because I wanted to read the last two books together. So, first I started (obviously) with The Promise. As always, no exception, this was fantastic! KA is my queen!

This is the story of Benny Bianchi (the hot Italian owner of the family's pizzeria) and Francesca "Frankie" Concetti (the woman who protected Vi Callahan from being shot at, and the last girlfriend of Benny's dead brother).

• A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley, #5)
  • Tempt Me: Lucifer's Legends MC Book 1
  • The Coppersmith Farmhouse (Jamison Valley, #1)
  • Pooh (The Devil's Angels MC #3)
  • West (The Henchmen MC, #19)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Slayer (Fallen Lords MC, #8)
  • The Clover Chapel (Jamison Valley, #2)
  • Sweet Agony (Angels Halo MC Next Gen Book 2)
  • The Second Time Around (Hope Valley #7)
  • Space Junk: Houston We Have a Hottie (Space #2)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Stone Princess (Tin Gypsy, #3)
  • The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley, #3)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

The 'Burg (6 books)
  • For You (The 'Burg, #1)
  • At Peace (The 'Burg, #2)
  • Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3)
  • Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4)
  • Hold On (The 'Burg, #6)