Start by marking “The Promise (The 'Burg, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Promise (The 'Burg, #5)

The Promise

(The 'Burg #5)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  14,192 Ratings  ·  1,234 Reviews
Since his brother’s death, Benny Bianchi has been nursing his grudge against the woman he thinks led to his brother’s downfall. He does this to bury the feelings he has for Francesca Concetti, his brother’s girl. But when Frankie takes a bullet while on the run with Benny’s cousin’s woman, Benny has to face those feelings.

The problem is Frankie has decided she’s paid her
Published July 8th 2014 by Kristen Ashley (first published April 26th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Promise, please sign up.
Blackdahlia at the end of this one was written there will be a next one about cheryl and merry :)
Alice Flores they don't say what happened to merry's wife . i expect we will find out in her next book merry and cheryls story. can't wait.

Lisa
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

Read my full review at Sinfully Sexy

5 “OVER-PROTECTIVE, HOT, ITALIAN GUY” STARS!

“Minute by minute, baby.”

description

The Promise is book five in Kristen Ashley’s The ‘Burg series. But damn do I love this series! Therefore, once again I find myself at an impasse when it comes to writing a review for a Kristen Ashley book. I truly do want to eloquently present my thoughts about this wonderful book and explain why I loved it so much; however, formulating coherent thoughts about a book by this author h
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

My casting for Benny since he wears white tees.... ;)

**** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ****

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I finished this book with happy tears in my eyes and the most content feeling you can imagine. It was pure Vintage KA awesomeness. Frankie & Benny's story truly delivered everything I'd hoped for and more!

Before anything, please note that you must read At Peace at some point before this book. You don't have to re-read it per se but The Promise starts about a week after At Peace ends
Duchess Nicole
Let's put it this way...had this been my first...or even my tenth Kristen Ashley book, I might have been thrilled to read it and soaked up every last word of the story. However, I've read more than twice that amount, and I just can't bring myself to invest more of my valuable reading time on one again for quite some time.

As everyone was, I was over the moon excited about reading Benny and Frankie's story. Unrequited love, a heated and dramatic past, a truly worthy separation (for once) had me
Jamie
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 Stars.....

Le Sigh... I, like hundreds of other KA fans have been waiting and waiting and waiting... and waiting for Benny and Frankie's story. It seemed like it would never get here. Unfortunately, once it got here I didn't think it would ever end.

This story could EASILY been cut in half.. and in my opinion it should have. In the past, I have really loved KA's long books.. she has the ability to really fill a lot of pages with some good dialogue and plot. But this time it was just
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2.5 I'm still crying in disappointment stars

First of all, I'm still processing the shock that I just rated a self-pub KA anything less than 4 stars

Now before you start throwing things, allow me to explain....
And fair warning, you're about to read a slight rant, so if you're easily offended, I'd suggest you look away right about now. Can't say I didn't warn you.

2 years. That's 730 days. That's 17531 painfully long hours since I first read At Peace. That's also how long I've been waiting for Fran
Christy
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Crazy-Beautiful stars!

photo 2ea83eb1-3aee-4971-aed3-d986bc64b575_zpsa30a2b10.jpg

Frankie and Benny! I have been amped up to read this book since it was first announced. At Peace is one of my all time favorite KA books, and we were introduced to this couple there. This story picks up almost immediately after At Peace ends…

photo 841bebd8-83e4-4c30-acbd-1fe4937598e9_zpsb96bdec0.jpg

Frankie has been through a lot in the last 7 years. 7 years of heartache, pain and losing not only her man, but the only real family she’s ever known. After putting herself out there big time and risking her life, her ‘family’ has
Geri Reads
May 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
2.5 'maybe my expectations were too high' stars!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry, you guys but I'm bummed. My expectations for Frankie and Benny's story were sky-high, and that's on me.

I wanted to like this book. I really do. And had this been any other KA book, I would have given this a four but this was Frankie and Benny! I've been waiting for their story ever since At Peace. I thought their story was going to be epic, so I was disheartened when I actually started skimming around 48%.

The Story

After taking the blame f
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Full review now posted........

5++++++++++++ 'be still my heart' stars!!!

Before I share my review...

I have to thank my fellow escapism reading friends on Goodreads who introduced me to the world of Kristen Ashley’s stories. If I could hug you, I would, and some of you I have. Thank you, thank you, and thank you! From the bottom of my heart... I can't imagine not having the beauty of Kristen Ashley's stories in my life.

My review...

If you’re like me and live love to read, and you wake up in the mo
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Re-read Attempt 1 10/17/14...with same results!

Original Review:

3 Stars...Barely

description

Let me first say that I am a HUGE Kristen Ashley fan. HUGE. She is one of my all-time favorite authors and I have read all of her stories multiple times, some over 10 times. I will (and have) read everything she has written (except for that Mathilda thing...).

Seriously, if she crapped on a piece of paper, I'd read that too.

With that said, I'm not gonna lie, I hold her to a different standard than I do other authors.
Jen
2.5 Underwhelming Stars

”Babe, you cannot plan life, You can pull out all the stops to plan for everything and life will find a way to fuck with those plans, sock you right in the gut, send you scrambling. Through that, you either have the balls not to look back down and the strength to know what’s important and hold on with everything you got, or you don’t have that and you give up, ‘cause you’re weak. Know two things for certain: I’m not fuckin’ weak and you aren’t either.”

How to start this r
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **sweet & spicy** STARS

“You were mine, even when you were his.”

Unpopular opinion...I loved this book.

The Promise was a very interesting read for me. For starters I was looking forward to read Benny & Frankie's story for a long time and on the other hand I had seen so many mixed ratings for this book and I was worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations. Well, I loved it.

Frankie and Benny are two characters we already met in the second book of the 'Burg series - At Peace and the
Pam
4 “Crazy-beautiful.” stars

For seven years Frankie's been living in a daze, going through the motions, but then one day she got a wild hair and took a bullet for her ex-boyfriends family and considered it her final penance. She's done. Time to finally move on, or as soon as she's all healed that is. But the bullet triggered something else, it got a certain someone to pull his head out of his ass and finally did something he's been dying to do.
"I don’t want easy, Frankie. I had my shot at that.
~IreneOust~
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: need-this-now, arc

Review to be posted during blog tour on July 10th at tSCB.

photo 89e7bbb7-4bd7-46e3-ab6d-bf88155cd0de_zpsaa765f34.jpg

If you are a true fan of Kristen's work, then I have no doubt in my mind this book is on your list of 'the most anticipated releases of 2014' and if it isn't, then you can't really call yourself a true fan ...

'The 'Burg' is my favorite series of Kristen Ashley's and book two of the series, 'At Peace', is my ultimate favorite read of hers and one of the most reread books on my Kindle. 'The Promise' felt like 'At Peace - Part II' and that m
Kristen
3 Stars

Overall, I enjoyed this book. That said, I didn't enjoy the long distance relationship or how quickly Frankie forgave Benny and his family for how cruelly they treated her for years. To be honest, I think this is a case of waiting so long for a particular story that my expectation were probably set to high for this one. It happens. Moving on to the next book in the series.

photo photo-8.jpg

Vallsykes
Me. before I read the book: I haven't been over the moon about KA's last few works. The Will was decent. However, just the thought of Frankie and Bennie (a glimpse of Joe and Vi...)
description
Should I refrain from being super excited about going back to the 'Burg?

Update: Should I have refrained? Answer: YES!
Me. after I read the book:
description
How could one of my favorite authors, the author who penned the likes of Tate, Tack and Joe, drop the ball on Benny Bianchi, Italian American, Chicagoan pizza maker, badass c
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
2.5 I Can't Believe It Happened Stars

description

Sweet mother of God.... I am in shock.
I am sorry, I am despaired, I almost DNFed a KA book.

description

You know me. I am a huge KA fan. I devour her every book, I quote her, I breathe and live to read her stories. And this why I couldn't enjoy this one. Because I have dreamt and swooned over her previous books, this one fell short and kinda disappointed me...

description

I digged Frankie and Benny. I anticipated their story since At Peace, when we first met them. I wanted remorse, ac
Rachel Reads Ravenously
DNF at 51 %

I just can't take any more of this.

Maybe it's me, but this book was so boring. I could also just be in a slump.
I still love you Ms. Ashley!!!!!
Wendy'sThoughts
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: KA Fans, Romance, Everyone
4 Guilty Pleasure Stars * * * *

There are things we do... knowing we really shouldn't indulge... like have one and a half more bites of that creamy, delicious New York Cheesecake... or maybe the desire to have another drink or two with your friends when you have an early morning meeting scheduled. It can also happen when something is so good in a story... repetition can sneak in and dilute some of the power of the words or situations.

I liked the idea of Frankie and Benny... there was banter and
Shawna
3-3 stars – Contemporary Romance

Like many KA fans, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the continuation of Frankie and Benny’s story since their electric and dramatic connection in At Peace. I read that book all the way back in March of 2012, so that’s more than two years of keen anticipation.

I wish I could say The Promise fully delivered and satisfied my high expectations, but sadly, I was really disappointed. I liked but didn’t love it, and honestly, I found myself rather bored at times. For me, thi
Eliza
With the exception of "Knight" I find reading KA books a peculiar experience. I always read them while I read another book otherwise I loose all sense of time. In regards to her characters she immerses you in ALL aspects of their lives, which personally for me can be distracting from the main plot BUT when I get to the point where I think i've had enough, I cant help but miss them and their little quirks.
Jane Turner
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
I don't know what to say.
It was less than I hoped.
The second half saved it from being 3 stars.
The Epilogue was great but not special.

However I will read book 6 of the series happily, because I loved the hint we got here :)
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
for more reviews please visit www.sizzlingpages.com

Arc received from author in exchange for an honest review - SPOILER FREE

Five glorious stars for The Promise, another poignant love story from the imagination of Kristen Ashley. A magnificently written tale of passion, healing, hope and the importance of family. So moving, it lured me in, forming an instant bond with all the characters. I have to say, this may be my favorite book in the ‘Burg Series! KA ear
Vishous

I wasn't disappointed with this book simply because I knew what I would get. I had no expectations for some plot, except how he will "woo" her back in his life, after 7 years of being a prick to her.
Honestly, for feeling like she did, I wouldn't have caved so easy and so fast. I think I would hold my grudge till death... But I am not Frankie.
Also him giving up, after she did what she did, was prickish, escpecially because he expected from her to forgive him next day his 7 years of being asshole
Michelle [Helen Geek]

Ending = 3 Star
Worth the Chili = 3 Stars -- [$3.99 on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Moderate
518 pages

Hmm... Was there a story here? Really? Well, you may not think so if you gave up on the book at 60% or so. A pseudo story developed, but I almost wish it hadn't.

An epiphany for me reading this one. I've given up wishing tha
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️
Review posted at: www.SweptAwayByRomance.com

5 Sexy Italian Alpha Stars!!!

I went into this book thinking that like with most Kristen Ashley books I was going to really, really like it. I was not sure if I was going to love it, mostly because I didn't feel a connection with Frankie when we met her in At Peace. I did like her, obviously because of what she did for Cal & Vi....boy was I was wrong, I LOVED THE PROMISE!! I fell in love with Frankie once I understood her and all that she endured,
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
So here is the deal...I flipping love KA. I love her writing style, her dominant alpha men and the crazy-beautiful women they love. I also love the cray-cray emotional rollercoaster rides of love stories that is the basis of most of her plots. Obviously I am a fan!

Putting that out there, I will admit that this tale was not unique. Benny and Frankie could easily been Feb and Colt, Dusty and Mike, Lee and Indy...who cares! Didn't matter because they were Benny and Frankie...and I loved them and th
Kim  *Mo Chridhe*
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kristen-ashley
I feel a little let down :( I liked it. I just wished it evoked more feelings from me.

You know, I don't even call this book by its title. I call it Frankie and Benny. I loved the idea of them. My heart fluttered when I reread their scenes in At Peace, and I've read that book countless times. Funny, I still cry at certain scenes in that book. This one? Nada. No tears. No wailing with feels. Zero.

I didn't hate it, but I guess I expected more. I loved the idea of an angry Frankie and a wooing Benn
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Rating:3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

3.5 Sweet and Spicy stars

"You've got nothin' but good comin' your way, Frankie, I can promise you that," he said softly.

This has to be the most highly anticipated Kristen Ashley novel, for me, in a very long time. We were introduced to Frankie and Benny in At Peace, one of my ALL TIME favorite books. Frankie with his charming smile and movi
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳

♥Sharon♥
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 – 4 Minute by Minute Stars

photo ThePromise_zps73bf4b7d.jpg

Without doubt I am a huge Kristen Ashley fan so I was so excited to start this one. But I am a little sad to report that this one is not one of my favorites. For most of this story the rating lands at 3.5 stars. The last 30% and Epilogue gets 4 stars.

What I loved most about this story was Benito “Benny” Bianchi. In my opinion there wasn’t anything not to love. On the surface he was tall, had messy black hair, dark brown eyes, a body to die for and was a sexy badas
  • A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • A Reason to Kill (Reason, #2)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Show the Fire (Signal Bend, #6)
  • Uncaged (Corps Security, #3.5)
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3)
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Devil's Game (Reapers MC, #3)
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • Unbeloved (Undeniable, #4)
  • Human Hieroglyphix (Human Hieroglyphix, #1)
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

The 'Burg (6 books)
  • For You (The 'Burg, #1)
  • At Peace (The 'Burg, #2)
  • Golden Trail (The 'Burg, #3)
  • Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4)
  • Hold On (The 'Burg, #6)
“You were mine, even when you were his.” 12 likes
“I have a question.” Stark looked to me. “Can you kick Chuck Norris’s ass?”
Luke Stark smiled, white and lazy.
My heart thumped.
“I strive to be Chuck Norris,” he replied.”
9 likes