Start by marking “How to Write a Screenplay That Doesn't Suck... and Will Actually Sell” as Want to Read:
How to Write a Screenplay That Doesn't Suck... and Will Actually Sell

How to Write a Screenplay That Doesn't Suck... and Will Actually Sell

(ScriptBully Books #1)

Want to learn how to write a screenplay that doesn’t suck and can actually make you money?
Want to know how to write a movie script that’ll get you the attention of managers, agents, directors, actors--the talent of the industry?
Think you got to go to film school and take out thousands of dollars in student loans to learn how to write a script that’s marketable?
There are ne
Published March 4th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

Be the first to ask a question about How to Write a Screenplay That Doesn't Suck... and Will Actually Sell

Brynner Harris
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short sweet to the point

Short, sweet, and to the point. Also gives you a few insights on structure. Basically, a fuel for your inner writer.
Sara Crocoll Smith
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good quick overview. Motivational. Not a lot of how to write a screenplay, more about mindset and the industry.
Sirena
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must Have

A down to earth, amusing and informative guide that covers the basics of screenplay writing. I'll give the others a shot.
Lexi Wolfe
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was rather disappointed by this. I was expecting a much more material on the actual writing of the book, as the title would lead you to believe, instead of as much material as there was on the setting oneself up to begin business in Hollywood! While I quite like everything that the book covers, this isn't exactly what I paid for, if you get my meaning. It's a very useful book, but I was expecting a lot more on the actual screenplay itself. With a different title, I'd feel much less like I've b ...more
Sebastian Mendo
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"How to write a Screenplay that Doesn't Suck and will Actually Sell" is exactly what it's advertised, and more.

First time author Michael Rogan has a very distinctive style of writing than any other writer from the subject he’s writing about. One of the most important factors is that his ideas are unique, not particularly never said before, but they come from someone who has tried it all and found out that those are the best ways of successfully writing a screenplay for a film in particular. Wha
Lexington
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book doesn't tell you how to write a screenplay that will sell. It says nothing about formatting, discourages potential screenwriters, and is more of an intro book to the author's other work than anything else. I see why it was free on Kindle. It doesn't really tell you anything.

By the time I finished reading it, the only thing that I learned was that it might help to pretend to be local and get a phone number with an L.A. area code.
Linda
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quite a lot of info in a short book. If I told you the best parts, I will have covered the entire book. I can see the advice being good for novelists, too. Okay, I'll throw out a tidbit. Scenes should end the opposite of how they started. If a scene starts happy, it ends sad. If it starts sad, it ends happy. How simple is that? But how many of us don't know it without being told? The book is also funny, so if nothing else, you'll get a laugh out of it.
Supertramp
Jul 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
#112

If you really want to write some screenplays don't read it. Better read blogs but not this book. Author tried to be funny and at places he succeeded. Perhaps if you follow these instructions you will end up by writing something crap like this. Even though mostly, he recommended other books and links. Thanks for giving me one hour time pass.

Read it on my mobile.
Scott Borcher
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Quick and Effective

No nonsense, fantastic advice from a professional. Easy reading, insightful, and entertaining. I feel I can now write my screenplay with confidence.
Karen C.
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Super funny, great tips, and super funny!! Hee hee.
E. T. Brother
May 07, 2017
Arny Boy
Jun 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

ScriptBully Books (5 books)
  • Screenplay Format Made (Stupidly) Easy