Start by marking “Backlash (Aspen Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Backlash (Aspen Lake, #1)

Backlash

(Aspen Lake #1)

What he’s sworn to protect, she’s willing to sacrifice to save those she loves...

When dedicated teacher Lily Wheeler interrupts a vicious gang attack on one of her students, she vows it won’t happen again. But her rash interference puts her in the path of a cold-blooded killer and the constable tracking him—a man she has little reason to trust, but can never forget.

Constab
Published June 1st 2012 by The Wild Rose Press (first published May 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Backlash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backlash

Start your review of Backlash (Aspen Lake, #1)
Sheryl C. Nash
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW... could i say WOW anymore? You bet! I don't have time to write my full review now, BUT if you enjoy romantic suspense with killer sexual tension and a smokingly HOT yet tortured lead, then y'all need to read this!!
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Picture an ordinary day, in an ordinary small town. School has let out. People are making their way to their destination. Minds are filled with things to do, places to go....You get the idea. Until you notice a strange group of people that seem to be huddling together. Does that set any warnings off in your gut instinct? For teacher Lily Wheeler, it does,. And that's only the beginning of the nightmare this woman is about to endure...
Christi Snow
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
This was an absolutely fabulous book. While the story wasn't necessarily anything really new (i.e. bad boy falls in love as a teenager, but leaves his love so that he doesn't hurt her in the long run), I thoroughly enjoyed this version of it and was highly entertained by reading this book!

Chase grew up the abused son of an alcoholic father. One night when he was 18, he left without a trace and without a word to his girlfriend, Lily. She was heartbroken and never understood what happene
Silver James
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Backlash by Karyn Good is author Karyn Good's debut novel. This romantic suspense is a terrific example of the genre--it walks that line with just enough romance forged and tempered by the suspense. I was lucky enough to beta read a few chapters of this book way back when. I knew even then that Karyn spun a good story.

Constable Chase Porter is a man on a mission--a mission complicated by past entanglements. Lily Wheeler thought she'd put the past behind her and now focuses on the future of her students. A dedicat
Linda
I liked this book very much. The characters are believable and you care about them. It takes place in a small town and focuses on a gang leader who is targeting a 13 year old boy who has hidden something the leader wants. The teacher cones out of the school to find the boy being hassled by a tattooed guy and two others. She goes over to break it up, then a policeman shows up, and the gsng runs away. She finds that the cop is Chase, her high school sweetheart who left town and her ten years ago. ...more
Joanne Brothwell
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What I loved most about this book was the characters. Lily is smart, sassy and courageous in the face of danger and Chase is a gorgeous, dedicated cop with a scarred past and a tortured soul. He also happens to be the one ex-lover Lily never really got over. Can they overcome their past and admit their love?

Action-packed throughout with a compelling, addictive love story – I couldn't put it down until I turned the final page.
Kat
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got a copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

While I don't usually read romance novels of any stripe, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The plot was well conceived and well written, the characters were quite enjoyable, and the romance aspect wasn't overdone. The ending was sweet, and I didn't guess it either, which for me makes the whole novel better. I think this author has great potential, and encourage her to continue writing.
Lhenry
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was a good story, but the highlight for me was internal comments by both Lily and Chase - many authors include humor this way but I felt this was most sucessfully done that I have read in a while. I also thought the character of Lily was very well developed - I actually didn't always like her but she seemed very real to me. I would like to have gotten more depth in the character of Chase. Somehow I didn't get all the aspect of his character and history hanging together.
B.E.
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent novel with just the right balance of romance and suspense. Great characters you want to root for, a setting any small-town person will feel immediately at home with, and a plot to keep you guessing.
Nancy
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is a very enjoyable book, well written, with an excellent pace throughout. Though the idea isn’t original Karyn Good brings the characters to life really well, Chase and Lily both having very likeable characteristics. It has a nice setting and good description.
Annette Bower
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Karyn Good kept me turning the pages of her fast action romance novel.
She tackled the subject of gangs in small communities and how insidious and dangerous they can be.

Anne OK
Jul 13, 2012
Sarah Nowicki
Nov 02, 2018
Lindsey
rated it did not like it
Apr 25, 2015
Christine Hatfield
Linda
Teracia
Dec 01, 2012
I grew up on a farm in the middle of Canada's breadbasket. Under the canopy of crisp blue prairie skies I read books. Lots and lots of books. Occasionally, I picked up a pen and paper or tapped out a few meagre pages of a story on a keyboard and dreamed of becoming a writer when I grew up. One day the inevitable happened and I knew without question the time was right. What to write was never the i ...more

Aspen Lake (3 books)
  • Exposed (Aspen Lake, #2)
  • Gone (Aspen Lake, #3)