Start by marking “Perfect Strangers” as Want to Read:
Perfect Strangers

Perfect Strangers

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The Good Housekeeping "Novel of the Month" that received more reader acclaim than any other is now reissued to tie-in with Gaeddert's Roses After Rain. As time passes, the terms of a couple's "temporary" marriage no longer seem to apply as they fall in love.
Published March 1st 1992 by St. Martin's Press

Monika
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Natalie on lasteraamatute illustraator. Ühel päeval sai naisel oma kõledast New Yorgi korterist isu täis ja ta kolis maale, õunapuudest ümbritsetud majja, elama. Kõik näib võrreldes vana eluga täiuslik, kuid tegelikult on Nataliel veel üks unistus - ta tahaks peret ja last, kuid silmapiiril pole ühtegi sobivat meestuttavat ning kunstlikust viljastamisest ei taha naine mõeldagi. Nii otsustab ta teha (äri)pakkumise täiesti juhuslikult ette sattunud mehele - Jack peaks temaga abielluma, lapse sigit ...more
Lolene
Jan 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that Perfect Strangers by Lou Ann Gaeddert is unabashedly a romance novel. AND I have read it about ten times through the last twenty-five years. It came out first as the book section of a Good Housekeeping magazine back in the '80s. Gaeddert's plot and characterizations were so above the ordinary romantic drivel that I was intrigued. Natalie, the main character, is an over-30 illustrator of children's books (that was a plus for me right off- a talented and creative woman) who is ...more
Lisa
Dec 28, 2012 added it
Shelves: favourite-books
This is the story of a 30-something woman who is a successful illustrator of books for children and lives in the house of her dreams with her pets. She’s strong and independent, but finds that there is something missing in her life: a child. She is single, and there are no eligible bachelors in sight, so she has to think hard about how to get pregnant. Her method is somewhat unconventional…

I was about sixteen when I first discovered this book in my mother’s bookshelf. I loved it, and I re-read i
Margaret
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I read Perfect Strangers in the Good Housekeeping magazine when I was a teenager. My mom and I both loved it and wanted copy of our own. It was printed into a book and my mom gave me a copy. I found it after my current move and read it because I was curious to see if I still loved it since it has been about 25 years. I read it really fast but I found myself not as captivated with it. It is the story of Natalie. She is a 34 year old woman who has never been married and doesn't see her chances of ...more
Katrina Mae
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
A TALE AS UNFORGETTABLE AS THE VIVID CHARACTERS AND THE ENDURING LOVE THEY FORGE!

NATALIE
had finally achieved the success that was her ticket out of the city. Living in a beautiful old farmhouse complete with apple orchard, a new husband, and the hope of having a child, her dreams had finally come true. But she was living a lie.

JACK
was a stranger to her. Tall and secretive, he was a man of whom Natalie knew nothing... except that he was willing to father the child Natalie ached to have.
Jolee B
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute love story,a typical romantic comedy type but with a different vibe from so many. I would definitely recommend it. A super quick read and lots of fun. And clean throughout!
Brief synopsis: Single girl wants a legitimate baby, so she hires a man to become her husband, and as it says in the front cover, "the last thing they expected from their marriage was to fall in love."
Nancy
Dec 14, 2016 added it
Abridged in Good Housekeeping, June 1985.
Leanne
Jan 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Leanne by: Lolene
Shelves: romance
Very sweet and fun escape. Our book club this month (February) is "romance." It is so fun to read romance that is clean and has interesting characters. What is on your list of best escape, clean romances?
Marta Wingler
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one of my favorite chick-lit novels. Like many others, I read it first in Good Housekeeping. It is sweet and poignant, a love story about compassion and restoration.
Lydia