Start by marking “True Blue Forever” as Want to Read:
True Blue Forever

True Blue Forever

At the fifth grade honors program, three eleven-year-old boys are captivated by a brilliant little red-haired girl named Jeana Russell as she recites the poem she wrote. They know this girl is special, and each boy secretly vows to win her heart.

Jeana thinks she'll never find a boy like the men in the novels she loves to read, so when Mickey Royal moves back to Alabama fro
Paperback, Large Print, 452 pages
Published November 15th 2005 by Authors Ink Books (first published April 2003)

To ask other readers questions about True Blue Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Blue Forever

Start your review of True Blue Forever
Candice
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book as a prize for a Sandy Hook auction from a local Mobile author who also is a member of the same writer's guild as I'm in. So yea, I'm pretty special. :) I don't usually read this kind of book but I was surprised at how fast I got sucked in to the lives and loves of Jeana, Mickey, Billy Joe and Wade. The red-headed beauty with brains and her three helpless-to-fall-in-love-with-her jocks.
It could be the Southern, laid-back writing style, or my own personal high school experie
Jay G
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

*I received this book as part of a Vlog tour in exchange for my honest review*

Jeana, Wade and Billy Joe have made it to senior year! Mickey and Jeana are still madly in love, Wade is still a pain and Billy Joe is still the best friend Mickey and Jeana could ask for. Just as Jeana and Wade think they can become friends again, tragedy strikes and Jeana must make the most difficult decisi
Lee Ward
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying, TRUE BLUE FOREVER is my favorite book...ever.

Jeana Russell recites a poem at her fifth grade honors program. Three boys in the audience fall hopelessly in love with the flame-haired young lady.

"One day she'll be my girl."

The story follows the teen years of Jeana, Mickey, Billy Joe, and Wade, and though all 3 boys fight for her affections, her heart belongs to only one. You will root for Billy Joe and weep for Wade as they come to the realization that she is hopelessly in
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sooooo sweet. The characters were easy to relate to & I couldn't put it down after the first half. Cried through the last few chapters.

"...he either liked her the way she was or he could find some other girl to make weak in the knees."

"And, although there was never a shortage of adoring females willing to put up with his obnoxiousness in exchange for riding around with him in his yellow Corvette, Jeana made sure he knew she wasn't interested in ever being one of them."

"...she wondered how the bo
Israel
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me first say that this is not my “usual” kind of book, however this book was recommended to me so I took a chance. The story begins simple enough but then as the pages began to pass a complex gem emerges with the ability of penetrating straight through you. The story is a roller coaster that straps you in and takes you on the scenic route into a young girls journey through those later years of high school, and that time period in everyone’s young life, where you figure out who you really are ...more
Sitta Karina
Jul 22, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: friends
Heartwarming. A modern tale of winning the damsel (not in distress), a southern-belle whose determination amazed the three guys encircled her.

Too bad the book is already out of print, but Thank God I still got the used one.
Duston
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's just a good ass book. The woman can flat out write. I've never been let down by anything I've ever read from her, but she exceeded expectations with this one. Authentic locales and characters made me feel like I was at vigor with them.
Chloe (BrunetteBibliophile)
**I received this book for free as part of a Vlog Tour in exchange for an honest review**

Here is the link to my spoiler free review of the entire trilogy!
Kathleen
I have done a full review on this book on my BookTube channel if you would like to hear more of my thoughts. Link here: https://youtu.be/lL0UOn2Heeo

Disclaimer: I received this book for free as part of a Vlog Tour in exchange for honest review.
Carrie Dalby
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compulsive reading here. Read it in two nights--haven't done that in a long time.
Entertaining and heart-felt characters with a strong voice.
P.S. And the teaser in the back for the author's next book is perfect.
Erin Stephens
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable and entertaining
Ann Hatcher
I wish I could get the time back I spent reading this.
Just not impressed.
Greyjoyous
*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*
(I feel a bit bad about the honesty in this one.)

Oh man. I enjoyed the first book in this trilogy without being head over heels for, the second book was a bit 'huh?' but I gave it a pass because middle-book slump is A Thing, and I had my fingers crossed that this book would redeem it.

It didn't.

The first few pages summed up every conflict that was left unresolved at the end of the previous book, all tied
Raina McRee
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished reading the True Blue Trilogy and all three books are amazing!! I was drawn in and hooked by the first book, True Blue. Let’s just say I missed a lot of sleep because I didn’t want to put the next two books, Royal Blue (book 2) and True Blue Forever (book three), down. These are all great reads!! The author makes you feel like you are there with the characters, supporting, rooting for, and believing in them. They are so realistic and definitely bring you back to your childhood.
Brenda  Ashworth Barry
Debbie Todd
Jan 29, 2010
Carla Neal
Mar 10, 2011

• Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
  • One with You (Crossfire, #5)
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham, #1)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • The Ruthless Boys (Adamson All-Boys Academy, #2)
  • Ashes in the Wind
  • The Secret Girl (Adamson All-Boys Academy #1)
  • Filthy Rich Boys (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #1)
  • Bad, Bad Bluebloods (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #2)
  • Worth It
  • Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
  • Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)
  • Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
Joyce is an intelligent Southern woman weary of seeing herself and her peers portrayed in books and movies as either post-antebellum debutantes or barefoot hillbillies á la Daisy Duke, so all her heroines are smart, unpretentious women who refuse to be anyone but themselves. In addition to her novels, she has short stories featured in several anthologies.

Joyce has lived all her life in southern A

News & Interviews