Start by marking “The Last Beginning (Curse of the Phoenix, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Last Beginning (Curse of the Phoenix, #3)

The Last Beginning

(Curse of the Phoenix #3)

CURSE OF THE PHOENIX - Book Three - by Rachel Firasek

Though she’s always hated being a phoenix, Sadie has to admit immortality has its advantages. She’s seen and done more in the last 150 years than she’d ever dreamed of, but she can’t get past the fact that Osiris has done nothing but manipulate her and her fellow phoenixes. Or that, when her last incarnation as a phoenix
ebook
Published February 2012 by Entangled Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Last Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Beginning

Rhonda
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it

Joint Review with Elena

Rhonda- We have followed this series from the beginning, and Rachel Firasek has put together a terrific series of novellas that are fast paced, carry a well put together story, sexy, and have a fun yet tortured cast of characters. Book three in the Curse of the Phoenix series doesn’t disappoint. The Last Rising held true to the continuing story, and gave us a look at Osiris’s world, and his heart.

As the story begins, we are taken ba
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it

As the story begins, we are taken back 150 years to when Osiris first laid eyes upon our little spi
The BookChick
The first two books in the series were definitely better reads for me but I liked this one because Sadie and Osiris got their happily every after...........after all of their pigheaded and arrogant antics.
Kayla Tocco
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
This review and others can be found at http://www.wholelatteromance.blogspot...

Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: February 7, 2012
Genre: Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 9781937044565

I'll be the first to admit that while I haven't read the first two books, I jumped at the chance to read this when I saw it on NetGalley, Egyptian Mythology has always been something I've been interested in and this story sounded right up my alley. I was, however, disappointed. I'm not sure exactly if it's any
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
The last of the remaining cursed phoenixes, Sadie, doesn’t understand why Osiris won’t just let her go. In her mind, she has done everything he has asked of her for over a hundred years and yet she is still with him. Still working for him. When her last job results in a sickness of flames roaming her body with the rise of her emotions Sadie knows something is wrong. She is getting weaker and paler with every move she makes. Afraid of hurting someone she goes to Osiris hoping he can help.
Osiris i
GONZA
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Serie :CURSE OF THE PHOENIX

- The last rising
- The last awakening
- The last beginning.

Stavolta vorrei parlarvi di una saga che sembra conclusa, anche se la mia speranza è che l'autrice scriva anche un quarto libro su un certo traghettatore di anime, ma va bè come si sa chi visse sperando....

Le protagoniste di questa serie sono tre "donne" costrette dal dio egiziano Osiris ad essere le incarnazioni delle fenici, mitici uccelli che rinascono dalle loro ceneri e recentemente tornate alla luce della
Amber
Feb 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook, netgalley

The Last Beginning is the final installment of the Curse of the Phoenix series. When I requested this novella, I did not know it was a the third in a series, but The Last Beginning can act like a stand-alone if you have yet to read the first two novels. I am sorry to say that despite its easy follow-along story, this book became a chore for me to finish.

Sadie is a woman living during the Gold Rush and trying to make an honest living after her husband dies. Her pure soul catches the sig
Lisa
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: january-2012, 2012
As you will remember from my reviews of The Last Awakening and The Last Rising, I absolutely love this series of novellas. The Last Beginning was no exception - especially when it comes to Osiris, the God who had locked all of these ladies into being phoenixes. I knew that I did not complete understand Osiris but didn't realize how much I didn't understand. While this is Sadie's story, the last remaining phoenix since Osiris has allow the other two women out, the story is just as much about Osir ...more
Katrina
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
(( Dont you just love the cover )) Being a cover Love Kinda girl this one is just gorgus !!

Book three of the Curse of the Phoenix series *The Last Beginning * is a wonderfully delivered story. With characters that will draw you into the pages and a plot that will have you reading from beginning to end , sighing in contentment at a well scripted ending to a fantastic trio.

If you have read the first two books it gives you the storyline of the phoenixes, but I especially enjoyed the fact that Rach
Natasja
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Last Beginning by Rachel Firasek is the last novella in the Curse of the Phoenix Series and a fabulous ending to this Trilogy.

Sadie is the last of the remaining curse phoenixes and really wants to know why Osiris won’t let her go like Ice and Ari. Even though she is the youngest of the phoenixes, her body is already giving up on her. Lately when she gets too emotional her body roams with flames and it has weakened her. The only man who can help her is the very one who turns her into this mes
Natalie
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Last Beginning is the last book in this wonderful series, and as happy as I am after reading it I have to say I am sad at the same time. I am sad to see this amazing world and cast of characters Rachel has created has come to an end. I love finding a world and set of characters that you can tell right from get go the author has poured so much love and passion into creating, it wasn't just a series of books, it was her baby, born, nurtured, loved, guided, and lovingly cared for, but like all ...more
Chrystal
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series has been absolutely amazing. Great characters, interesting story lines for each of the phoenixes and romances like no other. In this third and final installment of the Curse of the Phoenix series more of Osiris' story comes out and there is finally a glimpse at his emotional side. I was wondering if we would get to see this.
Sadie's story is so unlike the others - where Ice and Ari both had committed great sins, Sadie had not. During the story we find out the reason that Sadie was ch
Pragya
Feb 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2012
OK, first things first, I love the cover. Secondly, this is the third book in the series but I haven't read the first two. That doesn't really faze me out since every book in the series should stand by on its own. And this one does too, except I was a bit confused in the beginning and had to cautiously step into the book.

Well, this book is about fantasy and though I am not too big a fan of this genre, I liked this book fairly well. It has a plot to keep you occupied, there is enough stuff to tri
Linda
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have read this series from the very beginning. This is the 3rd & final installment and features the story of Osiris, the god who was responsible for the women becoming phoenixes and Sadie, the last remaining phoenix.

I really enjoyed reading about Sadie's background and how Osiris wrongfully took her... as Sadie had not "sinned" and did not owe retribution for past wrongs as the other phoenixes had when they were taken. We learn much more about Osiris in this installment, and while he's not
Sarah Cass
The third and (depressingly) final installment of the Phoenix series did disappoint me - because it was achingly short.

Rachel is excellent at putting a lot of story into a little amount of space - but when I saw the page count I shed a little tear. I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and knew I didn't want to end that soon. In fact, I set this book aside and waited to read it to draw out the amount of time with the characters.

Of course, once I started I wish I'd never waited. Osiris and Sadie
Erin Kyle
May 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Short read; I finished it in less than 2 hours.

So, naturally, it's a bit squished. Much like my complaints about book #1, I find that book #3 has too much focus on the build-up and too little focus on the climax and end, so I was left mildly disappointed.

So many things were thrown at me in the last...half of the book...that I honestly wasn't sure whether to shake my head or roll my eyes. It would've been okay if we were given some kind of slow-it-down rationale to give some kind of framework. A
Heather
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal romance
The last chapter of the Curse of the Phoenix series was a beautiful ending to the trilogy.
For anyone who loves a good romance, this is the book for you. I really liked Sadie with her fiery personality and was pulled into her story. I think Sadie is my favorite Phoenix. Her journey is one of the best so far.
The book reminds me of the complexity of love and all the feelings that come into play.
I give this book 5 stars for the simple truth of love and for making me feel the story.
Bravo, Rachel. I w
Mary Terrani
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. The entire trilogy was amazing. I was so sad to see it end. When I started it I was lent the first two books by a friend and read them both within days. When this one came out I couldn't wait to read Sadie's story.

It was so good to see some of the characters from the other books in this one as well. (Ice had been my favorite from the beginning) But seeing the journey that Osiris and Sadie had to take was well worth it.

The only disappointment in this book for me was that it was over. I
Ashley
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook, for-review, 2012, pnr
The Curse of the Phoenix series has quickly become a favorite of mine. It has a little bit of ever thing that I love in a book. It has some romance, some drama, some hot guys. What more do you need?

I also love the idea that the girls are soul savers. It kind of makes me wish that there really were a group of people out there dedicated to making sure some of us live a little bit longer.

Great read, a lot of fun.
Debra Anastasia
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
And with Osiris and Sadie finish off this series with a sexy, hot and amazing bang. Ms. Firasek is a go to about who put so much effort and love into her books that you can't help but feel lucky you found her. She will take excellent care of your heart while you enjoy her amazing ride. Treat yourself to her whole collection!
Sandy
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great series
Drew Constance
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley-reads
Jillian Stein
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Perfect ending to the Curse of the Phoenix series!

Eva Millien
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Curse of the Phoenix series is a mesmerizing read that keeps readers trembling on the edge of their seat. Sadie’s fire is slowly consuming her body and with all Osiris’ manipulations he sure he can find a way to save her even it makes her hate him forever.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers entertained with suspense, drama, and a spark flying romance. The author breathes life into the story with well written scenes and details which inspire vivid images an
Rachel
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Firasek writes a series which is truly new and completely addicting. This trilogy of novels is wonderfully written in such a way that the reader relies on the story continuing. Overlapping the characters from story to story, has been done before but in this case completes the flow of the individual books.

The Last Rising – introduces you to the series and the Phoenix’s. Ice is a Phoenix who is making penance for her sins, Turner Alcott is her mark and together they weave a story that encha
Pam
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sadie hates her life. She spends her time saving people as a phoenix and has had to sea her friends become mortal and have a real life. She likes the fact she has lived a long life but she s ready to move on. The only problem is Osiris the god who turned her into a phoenix. He doesn't want to let her go and did something a long time ago he is afraid to admit. He is afraid to let her goal as it would mean saying goodbye to the woman he loves. He will do anything to save her and keep her with him. ...more
Jasmyn
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
The last book in the Curse of the Phoenix series really brough it all together with a fantastic ending. Osiris has finally admitted (at least to himself) that Sadie is something special and different - but when she heats up, literally, with fire coursing through her body he has no clue what is going on. Their relationship goes through several stages as they try to find a cure to whatever has happened, but Osiris may still be too arrogant and make a mistake that could lose her forever.

Each of th
Shay Williams
Jan 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
When I requested this book I didn't realize that it was the third in a series. That however shouldn't really have mattered as all books in a series should stand find on their own. I was rather confused at the beginning of this book as it assumed that I would know characters from the previous books.

I also found that the main characters could really stand to be fleshed out more. Yes I know that Osiris really wants Sadie but what else makes him tick. We are shown that Sadie is holding a grudge aga
Ria
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Full Review @http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/07...

The authors writing was engaging and will keep you turning the pages throughout. There weren’t any dull moments. Like I said this was my favorite I felt like the plot was more not to say the others were bad but this was by far my favorite. We were able to revisit all of the other main characters in past installments which I loved. This was an okay series that ended with a bang. I would've done some things differently but I’m not the author. I
Michelle Leah Olson
Until the end, this was my favorite of the series. I just wished there could have been a little more. It felt a tiny but abrupt for me. :-/
--full review coming for the full trilogy box set and Author Event in July
Rachel Firasek spends her days daydreaming of stories and her nights putting the ideas to ink. She has spent a dull life following the rules, meeting deadlines, and toeing the line, but in her made up worlds, she can let the wild side loose. Her wonderful husband and three children support her love of the written word and only ask for the occasional American Idol or Swamp People quality hour.

She

Curse of the Phoenix (3 books)
  • The Last Rising (Curse of the Phoenix, #1)
  • The Last Awakening (Curse of the Phoenix, #2)