Start by marking “The Genesis One Code” as Want to Read:
The Genesis One Code

The Genesis One Code

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Were the heavens and the earth created 6,000 years ago, as the Bible suggests? Or did the universe expand into existence nearly 14 billion years ago from a spontaneous "Big Bang"? Both dates cannot be right - or can they?

Imagine that there were some medieval manuscripts, written eight hundred years ago, that could help us decipher Genesis to pinpoint exactly when the unive
Published November 13th 2011 by Untreed Reads (first published July 27th 2011)

Sheila
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can faith and science ever be brought into alignment? More specifically, can the Biblical 6,000 year timeline of creation ever to brought into alignment with science’s 13.5 billion years? This is the question Daniel Friedmann poses in The Genesis One Code, a book that makes no attempt to discredit faith or science, but looks clearly and faithfully at both.

“Following scientific observation, the results can be organized, summarized, and applied to develop and test theories,” says the author, descr
Aishwariya Jayakumar
Review for “The Genesis One Code” By Daniel Friedmann
The main theme of “The Genesis One Code “is about the facts and analysis of the development of the universe and appearance of life on earth is author’s insightful written presentation.
The key concepts of Genesis are Formation and creation. Scientifically the development of universe and laws, fossil records, Big Bang theory and development of life on earth helps us understand timeline for major events. Religious beliefs from Holy book Bible and
Daniel Friedmann
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BOOKPLEASURES review by David W. Menefee, March17, 2013

Just exactly when did the universe begin?

When Daniel Friedmann, the CEO of a large aerospace corporation, MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates Ltd., shows interest in solving this ancient question, your ears perk up. You become doubly excited over the fact that he has thirty years’ experience in the space industry, has published more than twenty peer-reviewed scientific papers on space industry topics and cosmology, authored Deep Survival: Who
Grady
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
A Look from Both Sides: Finding Center

How things started has been a hot topic since Darwin's theory of evolution and the subsequent discoveries of physicists and scientists throughout the subsequent centuries . Usually a book appears as a rant, descrying the 'other side' of the debate from the vantage of the writer's opinion: either the universe was created billions of years ago by a Big Bang OR it was created in a religious mystery of great beauty called Creation. The genuine pleasure of readi
Jas Madhur
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Dan was my former CEO, as such I am fully acquainted with his relentlessly incisive intellect.

I stumbled on his book, quite by accident, during my pursuit of texts related to the Vedas and Kabbalah. Anyway, surprised as I was, I read his work and scribbled all over it during my Christmas vacation in Egypt wandering under the stars and architecture of ancient times.

I have no quibbles about the mapping from Biblical to Earth time. Those sufficiently concerned will fine tune the transposition algor
Nick Woodall
A very interesting book. I'm not sure I buy all the arguments, but he does make a great case for synthesizing the Biblical record of creation with the evolutionary record. The only reason I hesitate to recommend this book, is that I believe that evolution has been totally discredited, and I don't want people to start buying into evolution.
Denise
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Denise by: 281
Read the free kindle version of this in one evening (last night), and found his research to be well done and well documented. The footnotes alone are a huge source of information. A very interesting Jewish perspective and, while I do believe science and religion can co-exist painlessly, I am not sure I accept all of these ideas as fact. Thought provoking nonetheless.
Barbara Wood
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How old is the world and did God create it.

Does a wonderful job of using Jewish wisdom literature to explain how God created the world and how the Genesis account can be reconciled to the scientific theory of how the world was formed as well as how old the universe is.
Margaret
Didn't finish. Tried to get into the book, but just not working for me right now.
Yvonne
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Spend hours discussing this with the family.
Janice Hendrix