Start by marking “A Lesson Learned (Campus Cravings, #14)” as Want to Read:
A Lesson Learned (Campus Cravings, #14)

A Lesson Learned (Campus Cravings #14)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  411 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Graduate student, Dane Jefferson, believes the sun rises with Magnus Sofokleous. He would do anything for the chance to get closer to the sexy professor. Unfortunately, Magnus is so busy researching the past, he doesn’t take the time to live in the present.

One week before winter break, Magnus gratefully accepts a grant to further his research at Barrett House, a small plan
Published December 19th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about A Lesson Learned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lesson Learned

V
Nov 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Let me start by saying that this Author is one of my favourites and I love her books.

However, I don't have many good things to say about this story. It was quite boring and Magnus was one of the least likeable MC's I have ever read, I wish he was out of the picture for good, I love Dane and I really wish he had a different love interest.

This is only my humble, personal opinion, and I'm sure many other readers disagree with me, which is entirely fine.
Even when this was a very disappointed story f
Serena Yates
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
A student with a crush on his professor may not be anything new, but Dane, whom I met in the previous book, finally has the means to do something about his devotion to Magnus - and once he is handed the opportunity he proceeds without hesitation. The sexy professor, on the other hand, has so many issues stemming from his abusive past that any kind of involvement beyond casual sex, and then only when he is in absolute control, is entirely impossible for him. With Dane wanting forever, and Magnus ...more
Ter
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
liked it,
glad it didn't turn out to be a Dominate/submissive relationship.
Lena Grey
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
It's important to remember that if you want to have a fulfilling life you can't dwell on the past. Good or bad, the past is gone; there's nothing any of us can do to change it. All we can do is look ahead. Professor Magnus Sofokleous of Carol Lynne's 'A Lesson Learned' needs to accept this concept. When he and his teaching assistant, Dane Jefferson, go away on a project, Magnus is faced with an important decision: either cling stubbornly to the pain of the past, or open up and accept the present ...more
pbj
I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it.

Magnus isn't particularly likable, and his 'issues' don't change that. This isn't hurt/comfort - it's an 'I've had a bad childhood that I won't really explain and we won't explore, but it sucked and I'm perpetually comparing my upbringing to yours and I resent you for your happy childhood, but we'll never discuss that, I use people and throw them away because I'm damaged, let's screw' story.
Dane's infatuation seems to be just that - an infatuation. The auth
SaDeAn
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
2/5

This is not good. It's that Hallmark movie special kind of awkward. I'm also not sure how I feel about Magnus being into BDSM bc of childhood abuse. Umm... these things don't link like that. Also, this older, highly educated man doesn't believe in love until 2 weeks with his TA in which he lets go of his personal ethics and all love hang ups? I just can't. Just no.
Pam
I give it a 3.5

I really enjoyed Dane. He's a sweet, likable guy and I loved all the details of Barrett House, the plantation and the history of Dane's ancestor and what happened there. The hunt that he and Magnus are on is interesting and scouring the house and island for clues during the Christmas holiday was an unusual setting, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Uncle Fallon is a unique secondary character and I hope to see him again in the future. We do get to see a few old favorite characters at
Byron
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, romance
mwahahaha... I didn't see that ... coming..

So why am I rating at 3 stars..

Ok, so the characters are good.. but they did need a little fleshing out... we do know them from previous books so it links into the series, but I honestly feel this one veered away from the main thread of the 'campus'.. BUT yes it was a campus cravings story..

The story was a little underdeveloped to my mind also.. With the new setting there was a need to flesh this a bit more so i as a reader could connect to the story a
Cheryl
Dec 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
Dane is a grad student and teaching assistant for professor Magnus Sofokleous. He's also in love with Magnus.
Magnus had a bad childhood. He doesn't trust emotions. Instead he hides behind D/s relationships. He never lets anyone get close to him. He is attracted to Dane.But he doesn't have sex with his students.

Three weeks together doing research at Barrett House, a small plantation in Louisiana. Which is also owned by Dane's family. Dane and Magnus agree to whatever sexually happens will end w
Melissa
Jul 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, age-gap, mystery
Nerdy boy Dane is in love with his professor Magnus Sofokleus. Prof S submits a request for a grant that ends up in Dane's lap and Dane insists that he gets to go with Prof S for the dig. It's on Dane's family's plantation and they are working together to uncover some Native American history.

The book was really good and the mystery aspect of it was great too! The whole book was full of emotion and a must read!

• Doing the Dean (Claybourne College, #1)
  • Raven's Mark (Sandpipers, #2)
  • Between the Pipes (Blue Line Hockey, #2)
  • Townie and the Twink (Men of Holsum College, #3)
  • The Teacher and the Soldier (Ellery Mountain, #2)
  • Heartstrings (Conquest, #6)
  • A Bit Of Me (Love in Xxchange, #6)
  • Ralston's Way (Prentiss, #1)
  • Slow Bloom (Slow Bloom #1)
  • More Than Enough (More, #2)
  • Robert's Rancher (Cowboy Lovin' #2)
  • Heart and Soul (Assignment, #4)
  • For Gom's Sake (Scarcity Sanctuary,  #3)
  • The Cake (Elemental Superpowers, #1)
  • Drew and Vince (Jock Dorm #2)
  • Personal Training (Work Out, #6)
  • Why I Love Waiters (Why I Love... #2)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

Campus Cravings (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Coach (Campus Cravings, #1)
  • Side-Lined (Campus Cravings, #2)
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • Off-Season (Campus Cravings, #4)
  • Forbidden Freshman (Campus Cravings, #5)
  • Broken Pottery (Campus Cravings, #6)
  • In Bear's Bed (Campus Cravings, #7)
  • Office Advances (Campus Cravings, #8)
  • A Biker's Vow (Campus Cravings, #9)
  • Hershie's Kiss (Campus Cravings, #10)