Start by marking “Muzzled: From T-Ball to Terrorism-True Stories That Should Be Fiction” as Want to Read:
Muzzled: From T-Ball to Terrorism-True Stories That Should Be Fiction

Muzzled: From T-Ball to Terrorism-True Stories That Should Be Fiction

3.36  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Sick of the total BS of rampant PC?

This brazen, furiously funny book is the antidote to today's poison of political correctness. With humor and chutzpah, attorney, commentator, and popular radio host Michael Smerconish takes on today's oversensitive culture with a collection of entertaining, outlandish anecdotes about PC gone wild-stories that are hilarious, horrifying, an
Published April 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Muzzled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muzzled

Gone Readin'
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
MUZZLED by Michael A. Smerconish

First off, my friend Chip (and the guy I call my brother) would probably be surprised I even read this book. We tend to look at the world from opposites sides of the aisle. Anyway, I found this book – and I thought it looked interesting. I try to read one non-fiction book every couple of weeks to keep my feet fully planted in reality. Muzzled is a collection of 28 chapters that takes a somewhat humorous look at how we as a society have taken POLITICAL CORRECTNESS
Joanna
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael brings up some interesting points, however he's pretty conservative and some of this book was mildly offensive to me (which is ironic if you actually read the whole thing). I did enjoy his refreshing perspective on some issues, but some of it was just ridiculously over the top. I thought the last chapter was laughable. If he really wrote that letter to his son, it just goes to show what a douchebag he is.

Not my cup of tea, but it's definitely a point of view that I never hear.
Samantha
Dec 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Never had heard Smerconish on the radio. Wasn't real sure who he was. He has did a lot of research on this book. Has very short chapters dealing with a topic and gives his views on it. Such as giving trophies now to kids for anything and everything including just participating or the intellectual design theory. It's a mostly conversative view book just warning you, but it's interesting. I enjoy the different topics and it got me thinking about how I felt about them.
Kati
Mar 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club
Although the philosophy rang true, i was tired of the same old story, over and over again with no solution or no remedy.
Fred
Jan 11, 2008 rated it it was ok
If you listen to his radio show in Philadelphia you already know just about everything he writes about in this book.
Mar 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: political
Great book on Political Correctness going way overboard.
Lacy
Aug 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. Some of his examples are a little slow reading but he makes so very intersting points.
Courtney Himes
Nov 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not a Republican, but this book, written by a Republican, is actually a really good read. Kudos to Michael Smerconish for voting Democrate this election!
Kelly
Jun 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Says what everyone is thinking...great!
Jenninecraig
Mar 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Sad but true commentary on the downward spiral our society is experiencing in regards to "socially accepted behavior."
Linda
Feb 16, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting anecdotes and stories of political correctness gone amuck in America!
Becky Peart
Jun 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
I like the overall point that the author was trying to make. But it lost my attention pretty quick. Kinda hard to finish.
Chris
Dec 20, 2016
Tricia
rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2011