Start by marking “Room Service (Do Not Disturb) (Harlequin Blaze, #232)” as Want to Read:
Room Service (Do Not Disturb) (Harlequin Blaze, #232)

Room Service (Do Not Disturb) (Do Not Disturb #6)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  554 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Note to Maintenance: Check the air vents and temp regulator on elevator 2A. Guest seen coming off it looking dazed and flushed.

Note to Housekeeping: Refill the sensual massaging oils in the Haiku suite.

Farm-girl-turned-TV-producer Em Harris is in way over her head. Trying to bag chef Jacob Hill for her new culinary show is one thing. Staying at the sex-themed hotel Hush, w
Published February 27th 2006 by Harlequin (first published February 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Room Service (Do Not Disturb), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room Service (Do Not Disturb)

Anything for You by Sarah MayberryBody Check by Elle KennedyCan't Get Enough by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellySex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) by Kathleen O'Reilly
Harlequin Blaze
26th out of 206 books — 141 voters
Feel the Heat by Kate MeaderAll Fired Up by Kate MeaderDeep Dish by Mary Kay AndrewsSummer in Napa by Marina AdairLiliana by Neva Squires-Rodriguez
Sizzle: Chefs in Romance
23rd out of 102 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
4 of 5 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

Jacob Hill Can Give Me Room Service Any Day ^_~
“To: Maintenance
From: Housekeeping
Check the air vents and temp regulator on elevator 2A. Guest seen coming out of it today looking dazed and flushed.”
I do so enjoy Jill Shalvis’ little “quotes” at the start of chapters. She had some cute and funny sayings in her Lucky Harbor series books, and in this one, she had these funny little hotel staff memos at the start of every few chapters or so
Lyndi
Oct 05, 2013 Lyndi marked it as d-n-f
I finished the prologue and decided to cut my losses. I saw this was number two on a "Favorite Blaze Novels" list. So, I figure a) I've enjoyed Jill Shalvis before, b) 30 some odd people say this is one of their top favorites, and c) I've DNF'd so many other books today, I might as well - let's give it a shot!

Since it's the prologue, I don't think anything I say here can be a spoiler. So, I'm just going to break it down for you.

Emma Harris is a small town farm-girl from Ohio... who moved to H
Vanessa
This was a really nice story I really enjoyed it. The thing that I love about this this author is the fact that the isn't a typical "romance" novel. Other books have that moment near the end where something occurs and one of the main characters realized that they were lied to or cheated on or deceived and then they have that moment where someone clears their mind and makes them see they misunderstood the situation. JS just doesn't do that and I find myself appreciating that a lot its almost like ...more
Carrie
3.5* This was one fun book on many levels. Not necessarily believable, but then, I don't usually mind that when I read fiction, especially series books. The author (Shalvis, who I really enjoy) made me believe the H/h's emotions and the angst even when I knew they'd get their HEA. I almost rounded up to 4* but stopped short simply because some of the writing was a little over-the-top. I also didn't care for the two secondary romances~ too pat.

This book is definitely worth it. It's a fun, sexy (
Roby Herondale
All'inizio ero un pò dubbiosa se leggere o no il libro,è difficile che mi piaccino questo genere di libri ma mia madre mi ha consigliato di leggerlo e dato che lei legge abbastanza raramente volevo dare un'opportunità al libro che a lei è piaciuto tanto.
Em Harris è una produttrice televisiva che per non essere licenziata ha solo un mese di tempo per riuscire a convincere un rinomato chef a partecipare al suo programma di cucina. Per farlo va all'Hush Hotel,un albergo molto famoso per l'atmosfer
Norma
This was cute. I lked it. Not overly deep, but a fun, sexy contemporary. This was hotter than your average Shalvis romance, but not over the top.

The only thing that took away from this story was the side romances. I think they were supposed to add some angst, but then they seemed to have forgotten that and suddenly and big, bright bow was put on top and all was well. But since those side romances took little of my time, they did not deter me from enjoying this story.
Rhiannon Hammond
Aug 16, 2011 Rhiannon Hammond rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rhiannon by: Kelli Evans
This was a really good book. I couldn't put it down once I picked it up and my heart was fluttering the whole time, it was so romantic and hot, very very hot actually. I really enjoyed this and I think I just may try another Jill Shalvis book. :)
LaFleurBleue
IMO, this book is typical of Harlequin Blaze, probably better than most in this category but still quite far from being a good book.
It often feels completely artificial to me when 2 people jump in the sack soon after meeting, have immediately the best sex ever and two days later spent alternating between resisting to the attraction and succombing to it, find themselves so deep in luv.
The characters were not realistic: the hero being a loner after living on his own on the street since he was 10 y
D.B. Reynolds
The setting ... a high end Manhattan hotel that promises a sensual experience for its guests. Pretty much any sensual experience you're looking for. What Em Harris wants is Chef Jacob Hill for her new TV show, but he's not interested ... in the show, that is. He's very interested in Em. This was a lovely story, lots of intense sensuality. Shalvis gets a few things wrong when it comes to TV production, but that's something most readers won't notice, and it doesn't take away from the story.
Sara
This is what I'm talking about! Hot, with plenty of tension and character building. Love it. I am so hard on erotica and romance (which is ironic, since I write the stuff) and most of what I've been reading lately has been very bleh. This was pretty awesome. I'll definitely be reading more Jill Shalvis books soon.
jR
The book was super hot! It was like eating jalapenos on the spot while reading it. I love the combustible attraction between the protagonists. I love it that they can't resist each other. This book has all the elements of my perfect love story. A man who could not resist the woman no matter how he tries to deny it. Same also for the woman who could not resist the charms of the man. A woman who is somehow naive when it comes to the sexual department but once learned can be a superhot vixen. A man ...more
Kimberly
I really liked this book. Em was believable. Jacob was gorgeous. The secondary characters had lives of their own that complimented the main romance. Jill Shalvis has a way of describing things that makes the reader know exactly what she meant. She's also very funny which makes her books hard to put down.

I gave this book 4 instead of 5 because the ending was a little too happily ever after. It was too easy and too fast. I'm thinking it was because of Harlequin's length requirements for their Bla
Marran
What can I say its Jill...shes the best...But....its also a harlequine novel...they follow a certain..uh..way to be...but I dont care its still Jill...Its not as good as some of her other storys like lucky harbor and animal series but still pretty damn good.

I just read a book where the charachters didnt realize they where in love and it drove me crazy..The male charachter has the same problem in this one but its written so much better..I dont get irritated while muttering schmucks under my breat
Kelli
This book is smokin' hot. I've reread it a thousand times and strangely it is hotter everytime I pick it up again. Jill has a way of making me fall in love with all of her characters even small possibly insignificant ones and this time was no exception.
Everytime I finish a Jill Shalvis book I wish that I hadn't not because the ending isn't good - because it's always good but because I miss these characters so desperately. Overall this book is pretty much literary candy. Delicious, sweet and you
Good! Funny & Sexy
Judith
A very fun book and a very good read, one of Shalvis' older works that I found in a used book store and I'm glad I did. The characters are strong and authentic, and the relationships are full of the push-pull that is present in real life. I don't know if such a hotel as Hush exists anywhere, given over exclusively to erotic encounters, but it sure made a great background for this story. I really enjoyed it and Shalvis fans won't be disappointed, either.
Marcy
This book contains one of my favorite Jill Shalvis heros. Jacob Hill is a big, tough chef who hides his soft and sensitive heart. Until Em Harris shows up at the hotel where he works and unknowingly worms her way in...and he can't resist her.

I read the paperback book when it came out and when I found it was an ebook I had to get it again.
Rochelle
3.5+++ stars
In the beginning it was your typical Harlequin romance, but the end was very sweet.
I think more could have been done with Eric and Liza - either develop that line or stop mentioning so often.
Emily
A nice little diversion. I'd never read any of Jill Shalvis's books before, but I might have to check into reading more. The characters were likeable and it was just a fun sort of escape of a book.
Anne
Mar 16, 2013 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Another book in my quest to read all things by Jill Shalvis. She never disappoints me with her characters, and her humor. This book even involved cooking, something else I love. Quick read.
Dee Haddrill
I know, I know... I say the same thing about all Jill Shalvis' books, but yes, once again, I loved it. Fun, sexy, steamy, excellent dialogue, hot hunk of man... Seriously, what more could you want?
Jeanette Grey
3.5 stars. A fairly typical contemporary, but with lovely writing and sparkling, likeable, unique characters. An enjoyable read.
Lenore Kosinski
Mmmmm....lots of emotion, lots of heat....just loved it. Jacob is so mmmm....
Stephanie
Cute and sassy love story!!

I love that it wasn't totally predictable!!
Deanna
A good, fun read from Jill Shalvis.
Jamie DeBree
Fun and super-sexy read...loved it!
Monika
  • Hush (Harlequin Blaze #178)
  • All Over You (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #2)
  • Overexposed (The Bad Girls Club) (Harlequin Blaze #347)
  • Feeling The Heat (Harlequin Blaze #361) (Big Bad Bounty Hunters)
  • Indecent Suggestion
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Incognito (Harlequin Blaze, #406)
  • Don't Tempt Me... (Harlequin Blaze #253)
  • A Long, Hard Ride (Harlequin Blaze #453)
  • Watch And Learn (Sex for Beginners, #1)
  • My Fake Fiancee

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Do Not Disturb (8 books)
  • Hush (Harlequin Blaze #178)
  • Thrill Me (Do Not Disturb)
  • Kiss & Makeup (Do Not Disturb)
  • Private Relations (Do Not Disturb)
  • Hot Spot (Do Not Disturb) (Harlequin Blaze #220)
  • Coming Soon (Harlequin Blaze #386)(Do Not Disturb)
  • Have Mercy (Do Not Disturb)
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)