Stand for the Family

Stand for the Family

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Book by Sharon Slater
Published November 6th 2009 by Inglestone Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Stand for the Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stand for the Family

Ashley Smith
Although some of the subject matter was interesting and eye-opening, I found the organization of the book as a whole to be somewhat sloppy. The book is a well-researched call-to-action, but Slater begins the book by discussing situations at the UN over a cause she hasn't yet convinced us to believe in, so I was a little skeptical from the beginning. It isn't until later in the book that she talks about the importance and benefits of the traditional family. The suggestions at the end of each chap...more
Suzie Fullmer
I gave this book 3 stars because I thought the subject matter was important which made it a worthwhile read. However, I did not care for the author's writing style. She started to become very repetitive. I found Half the Sky much better written.
Erica Krueger
I highly recommend for all. She covers real life things (some of them alarming) happening at the international, national, and local level that I believe all need to be aware of. The attack against the traditional family is real, and I believe most are unaware of how calculated and organized and efficient it is.

But even with all the real-life alarming examples she cites, the tone of the book is not doomsday, but more matter-of-fact what is happening, with suggestions of what regular people can d...more
Valerie Steimle
If you are pro-family and know the importance of keeping the family together then this is the book for you. Sharon Slater documents her eye-opening experiences of the UN Conferences she attends over the last few years. She finds out how the family is being undermined all over the world and how we can help the cause of motherhood, fatherhood, babies being born and the basic unit of the family.

Everyone who was born on this planet has lived in one kind of family or another. The family is the basic...more
Alice
The author happens to be my neighbor and fellow church member, so I know her pretty well. I knew that she was heavily involved with family issues around the world, and lobbies constantly at the UN, but until I read this book I really had no idea of the extent to which she is involved, the incredible influence for good she has been, and the terrible plague that is sweeping the world in opposition to the family.

The book is very eye-opening... shocking is a better word. It's sobering, frightening,...more
Shelli Proffitt Howells
Sharon Slater makes the case that the traditional family is under attack. She unveils the attackers and shows us the methods that they use to undermine the family. She then gives us suggestions on what we can do to fight against the onslaught. The book is very well-researched, and she cites study after study backing up the information she includes.

The two groups she identifies as being the biggest threats to the family are radical feminists and homosexual activists. Slater does a good job differ...more
Kris Irvin
The biggest problem I had with this book is that it was SO BORING. I'm sorry. Maybe it's just because I've come off a long Fiction-Kick and am not fully into the Non-Fiction swing of things, but holy cow I was bored.

That said, it was a fascinating look on the war that is being waged on the family. Fascinating and frightening.

I wish there had been more personal anecdotes and less statistics. I also thought there was an awful lot of schilling the author's website at the end of every single chapte...more
Karyn
Incredible book! I learned so much from this. It talks about all the different way the traditional family is being attacked in the world & nation, the lwas being passed & the sneaky ways they are slowly building up our tolerance for so many things that the people in this world did not stand for a generation ago. It was really eye opening to me & made me realize that I (as one person) can do my part to help make a difference! I highly recommend this book.
Mommywest
Feb 21, 2011 Mommywest is currently reading it
Completely eye-opening. I think we would agree that the family is under attack, but do you know what and who is undermining the institution of the family? Sharon Slater, a mother who became involved in standing up for the family after some completely unexpected experiences, details her efforts and experiences in this book. I feel it is extremely important for all of us to understand what is happening in our world so that we can fight back.
Joni
This book was alarming. The information that the author presented was very informational, and made me realize that a lot goes on within the governement and the UN that I was not remotely aware of. It was a good book for learning things...just scary at what I was learning. Some parts were very disturbing (sad, but true!), but she presents them well, all in the scope of how to protect the family.
Catherine
Every single American, every human should read this book!!! It is so vital to our existence to remember and uphold the family, and to fight against those who would destroy it. Before reading this, I had no idea the extent that truly evil forces are working throughout the world to attack basic moral values. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
Marilyn
Eye-opening, well-written account of author's experiences with UN, of past and current legislation and of court cases that come together to paint the landscape of our culture as it relates to married, in-tact families raising children that know right from wrong. She offers specific suggestions on what we can do if we want to support that cause. Great stuff.
I have only read the first chapter, but looking forward to the rest of the book.

Very eye opening. I am glad that I read it and I feel more aware of what is happening in the political realm and how it can seriously hurt the traditional family. I recommend this book if you have a desire to protect the family and religious beliefs.
Emily Beeson
Everyone who believes in the family needs to read this well-researched book. Have you ever wondered how to fight for the family? Sharon Slater will tell you how, as well as the reasons behind why we fight for the family. I believe in her message whole-heartedly, and I'm impressed by how articulately she presents it.
Cristina
Interesting book about how the traditional family is being attacked politically and other ways in our world today. It was a little repetitive and had a lot of statistics throughout, however I enjoyed reading it and would agree with many points that the author shares.
Wendy
5 stars for content. Even if you think you realize the ways the family unit and moral values are being attacked today, you will be shocked. An extremely important read, that I will refer back to often.
Courtney
While I won't say that I was "entertained", I have never been so enthralled by a non-fiction book. I literally couldn't put it down and carried it around with me until I finished it.

A MUST read.
Kristin
Very eye opening. I won't see controversial moral issues the same way after reading this.
Leslie
Documenting the evil assault on all I hold dear: family, motherhood, religion.
Claudia
One of THE best books. A definite full-to-the-brim five star book.
This book should be read by all.
Nicholeen
love this! So informative.
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Jeff Stockett
Jeff Stockett marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014