Start by marking “Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #15)” as Want to Read:
Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #15)

Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #15)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  300 ratings  ·  12 reviews

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #28: High Tde in Hawaii,they had lots of questions. What causes tsunamis? Who studies earthquakes? How do volcanoes form? What should people do if an avalanche hits? Find out the answers to these

Published February 27th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
I have never experienced tsunamis and with this book, I just realized how dangerous they are. I have always been a lover of water. If I'm going to represent an element, it'll be water. If I'm going to choose to have a power, it'll be water- you get the idea how much I love water. Many says that water is only for defense not offense but they can also be dangerous. Take tsunamis for example.
Jared Burton
Osborne, Mary Pope, and Boyce, Natalie Pope. Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters. New York, New York: Random House, 2007.
Genre – Non-fiction
This book was written after the Tsunami that hit off the coast of Thailand in order to inform kids of not only natural disasters but why, how, where they occur. The book touches on earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, the ring of fire, landslides and avelances, and what people are doing in light of these disasters.

I think this book is beneficial for the reaso
Dolly
This is a very fact-filled research guide about tsunamis and other natural disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, landslides, mudslides, and avalanches. It doesn't cover hurricanes or typhoons, but those are covered in another research guide, "Twisters and Other Terrible Storms." Although our girls tend to love these Magic Tree House Research Guides, this one started off pretty slow and our girls got bored with it quickly. The section on plate tectonics even puts me to sleep! The la ...more
Shawn
I like this book very much,because it is a great informational book of natural disasters I have ever read.So all characters are believable.It tells about how horrible tsunami in 2004. Tsunami killed so many people and destroyed so many buildings.It also talks about what causes tsunamis. How and why happen earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides and avalanches. My favorite part is Chang Hen's urn....It has eight dragons with a ball in mouth and eight frogs open mouth sat beneath. If a ball fallen into ...more
Angela
I think it was a great book because of the tips and advice to do when you are in any of the disastars. I may not like some of the storms, but they still are good books. Just like the twisters and other terrible storms, I really liked it. So I think it gets five stars. Here is why. Helpful tips what to do if caught in a storm or if you see a tsunami, and it is such a good book I couldn't stop reading. I read it the day I went to
Childrens hospital and read it on the way to Denver. It was awsome.
Jenny H.
Great easy research guide for kids with interesting facts!
Abby Johnson
The Magic Tree House Research Guides are conversational nonfiction that could be paired with books from the Magic Tree House series. These are great choices for kids looking for recreational reading. The books include an index, a list of further resources (including books, websites, and more), and tips for kids doing their own research.

Sasha
Very cool and interesting, just not for kids with anxieties :) Sasha crossed off lots of vacation destinations after reading. No more wanting to visit Hawaii, California, or Yellowstone.
Theresa
a good resource for children about tsunamis
Payton
Scientist believe Atlanta is real.
Sydney
tsunamis can travel 500 miles per hour.
PWRL
Jan 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Paige Davis
Paige Davis marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Awesome
Awesome marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Steven Rinaldi
Steven Rinaldi marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
vanessa summers
vanessa summers marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Kelley (Shyflea)
Kelley (Shyflea) marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
tsunami 1 4 Feb 10, 2010 10:33AM
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Mr. Burke Is Berserk! (My Weirder School, #4)
  • Who Was Mark Twain?
  • Who Was Albert Einstein?
  • Who Was Leonardo da Vinci?
  • Who Was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane (The Magic School Bus, #7)
  • Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)
  • Who Was William Shakespeare?
  • 12 Little Things Every Filipino Can Do to Help Our Country
  • Dolphins! (Step into Reading, Step 3)
  • The Power of Focusing: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing
  • I Like Bugs
  • Swords: An Artist's Devotion
  • Who Was Thomas Alva Edison?
  • Who Was Annie Oakley?
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)