Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #15)

Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #15)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  257 ratings  ·  12 reviews

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure inMagic Tree House #28: High Tde in Hawaii,they had lots of questions. What causes tsunamis? Who studies earthquakes? How do volcanoes form? What should people do if an avalanche hits? Find out the answers to these

Published February 27th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2007)

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
I have never experienced tsunamis and with this book, I just realized how dangerous they are. I have always been a lover of water. If I'm going to represent an element, it'll be water. If I'm going to choose to have a power, it'll be water- you get the idea how much I love water. Many says that water is only for defense not offense but they can also be dangerous. Take tsunamis for example.
Jared Burton
Osborne, Mary Pope, and Boyce, Natalie Pope. Tsunamis and Other Natural Disasters. New York, New York: Random House, 2007.
Genre – Non-fiction
This book was written after the Tsunami that hit off the coast of Thailand in order to inform kids of not only natural disasters but why, how, where they occur. The book touches on earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, the ring of fire, landslides and avelances, and what people are doing in light of these disasters.

I think this book is beneficial for the reaso...more
Dolly
This is a very fact-filled research guide about tsunamis and other natural disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, landslides, mudslides, and avalanches. It doesn't cover hurricanes or typhoons, but those are covered in another research guide, "Twisters and Other Terrible Storms." Although our girls tend to love these Magic Tree House Research Guides, this one started off pretty slow and our girls got bored with it quickly. The section on plate tectonics even puts me to sleep! The la...more
Shawn
I like this book very much,because it is a great informational book of natural disasters I have ever read.So all characters are believable.It tells about how horrible tsunami in 2004. Tsunami killed so many people and destroyed so many buildings.It also talks about what causes tsunamis. How and why happen earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides and avalanches. My favorite part is Chang Hen's urn....It has eight dragons with a ball in mouth and eight frogs open mouth sat beneath. If a ball fallen into...more
Angela
I think it was a great book because of the tips and advice to do when you are in any of the disastars. I may not like some of the storms, but they still are good books. Just like the twisters and other terrible storms, I really liked it. So I think it gets five stars. Here is why. Helpful tips what to do if caught in a storm or if you see a tsunami, and it is such a good book I couldn't stop reading. I read it the day I went to
Childrens hospital and read it on the way to Denver. It was awsome....more
Jenny H.
Great easy research guide for kids with interesting facts!
Abby Johnson
The Magic Tree House Research Guides are conversational nonfiction that could be paired with books from the Magic Tree House series. These are great choices for kids looking for recreational reading. The books include an index, a list of further resources (including books, websites, and more), and tips for kids doing their own research.

Sasha
Very cool and interesting, just not for kids with anxieties :) Sasha crossed off lots of vacation destinations after reading. No more wanting to visit Hawaii, California, or Yellowstone.
Theresa
a good resource for children about tsunamis
Payton
Scientist believe Atlanta is real.
Sydney
tsunamis can travel 500 miles per hour.
PWRL
Jan 27, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Sarah Lamary
Sarah Lamary marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Noah
Noah marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jul 03, 2014
Heidi Jalan
Heidi Jalan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
tsunami 1 4 Feb 10, 2010 10:33AM
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Who Was Leonardo da Vinci?
  • Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)
  • 12 Little Things Every Filipino Can Do to Help Our Country
  • Who Was Sacagawea?
  • Who Was Albert Einstein?
  • White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)
  • Who Was Ben Franklin?
  • Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (My Weirder School, #1)
  • A Treasury of Children's Literature
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane (The Magic School Bus, #7)
  • Who Was Dr. Seuss?
  • Who Was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
  • It's Halloween, You 'Fraidy Mouse! (Geronimo Stilton, #11)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)