Start by marking “Little Porcupine's Christmas” as Want to Read:
Little Porcupine's Christmas

Little Porcupine's Christmas

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Little Porcupine's mother calls him the "light of her life," but it's not until the night before Christmas, the very night of the Christmas play, that Little Porcupine sees the truth in her words.
Published September 23rd 2003 by HarperTrophy (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Little Porcupine's Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Porcupine's Christmas

Rosa Cline
This was a super Dear Christmas story! Unlike any that I've read before. The main character is a Porcupine (which I found fun since what author uses porcupines? :) He gets excited for the school play about the baby in the manager. His mother tells him he will do fine and he was her brightest light (or something like that) when he gets to school the other children (Other various animals) tease him and tell him he can't be various people in the play for various reasons mostly due to him being ugly...more
Joanna
Little Porcupine is the oddball in his classroom and doesn't seem to belong in their Christmas Pageant. My only real problem with this story celebrating difference is that the other animals children all claim he doesn't belong because he doesn't share the defining characteristic of that animal. (He's not striped like the chipmunk, is one strange example. None of the other animals have stripes either.) I suppose that's the point--we're all wonderful because we're all different. It just struck a f...more
Chinyleu Nwokolo
Poor little porcupine was teased because of his prickly back and initially didn't get a part in the school play.His mom was always there to lift his spirits up with hugs and reminding him he is the light of her life.In the end he had the most important role, the star of the play. This is an easy read that teaches kids not to look down on others just because they are different. Everyone is important.
Slate,J.,Bond,F.(1982)Little Porcupine's Christmas
New York: Scholastic Inc
Jenny
Little Porcupine really wants to be part of the Christmas play, but he can't be a shepherd or a wise man or an angel...his spines will poke the sheep or punch holes in the gift. He can only work behind the scenes. His mother always calls him "the light of my life". And at the end, Porcupine gets a very special role in the play.

I loved the warm relationship between porcupine and his mom. And I am glad that he found a role that was perfect for him.
Sharon
This adorable story starts with little porcupine wanting a part in the Christmas play. The other children have told him that he is too funny looking to have an acting part. His wise and loving Mother tells him: try out because “Your spines shine. Your eyes sparkle. You are the light of my life.” The story has a touching ending; where little porcupines come to the rescue with the actors forget the Christmas star!
Jenny
I got this book in a pack of books from a Christmas book order. My two year old son loves it--he is still asking for it, even though it got sent back to storage with all the other Christmas stuff! Our favorite line is "'Oh!' said the mamas. 'Ah!' said the papas." We are still quoting it and my little boy says it with the cutest little voice. Darling illustration and a cute story.
Paula
Little Porcupine wants to be in the Christmas play, but the other animals tell him that there are no roles for porcupines. A surprise ending and a very loving, supporting, encouraging mother make all the difference.
Tricia
porcupine is ostracized by classmates during preparation for the christmas play but finds a way to shine in the end. pictures are cute---by felecia bond.
Brenda
Adorable story that shows that even if you're different, you can still find your place to shine! I loved the mamma's love for her little porcupine:)
Yekaterina
Really cute story about being yourself and loving who you are.
Marlys Murray
this is our very favorite Christmas book... LOVE it!!!
Meridith
So sweet. Religious.
Byron
Ella rated this one.
Sarah added it
Jun 29, 2014
Lauren Kramer
Lauren Kramer marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Joni Chism
Joni Chism marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Lacey
Lacey added it
Apr 23, 2014
Kristine Pratt
Kristine Pratt marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten Who is Coming to Our House? Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten Miss Bindergarten Stays Home From Kindergarten Miss Bindergarten Has a Wild Day In Kindergarten