Start by marking “No Strings Attached (Barefoot William, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Strings Attached (Barefoot William, #2)

No Strings Attached (Barefoot William #2)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  808 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Balmy ocean breezes . . . sweet coconut oil . . . glistening tanned bodies. There's no better place for romantic sparks to fly than at the beach.

As a professional volleyball player, Dune Cates attracts scores of pretty women who flock to his side. But only one has managed to get under his skin—Sophie Saunders. Unlike the skimpily-clad beach groupies, Sophie marches to a be
Published April 30th 2013 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about No Strings Attached, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Strings Attached

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
257th out of 645 books — 1,362 voters
The Way You Look Tonight by Bella AndreIt Had to Be You by Jill ShalvisWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Best Man by Kristan HigginsWaiting for Love by Marie Force
2013 Contemporary Romance
160th out of 476 books — 866 voters

More lists with this book...

Glamdring
May 16, 2013 Glamdring rated it liked it
*2,5 stars*

This book was a bit weird to read because it oscilatted between 4 and 2 stars.

There is 2 love stories. The main one between Dune and Sophie and the secondary one between Mac and Jenna.

We met all the characters in the previous book (No tan lines). Dune and Mac are back to Barefoot Williams for a month vacation, they are best friends and Professional beach volley partners.

Sophie is a book worm, tremendously shy and with lots of phobia. One of those being she’s afraid of water. She als
Jess
DNF at pg 200 - I hate not finishing a book, but I just can't get into this one. There's something odd about the writing style that I'm not connecting with. I can't put my finger on it, saying it's too literal might be the best way, but whatever it is, how it reads, from dialogue to just descriptions, isn't working for me.

Also, by page 200 I need to care about the characters and I don't. The heroine is cute enough but I'm not clicking fully with her, the hero or the secondary storyline characte
Romancing the Book
Sep 07, 2014 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I love when I find new authors along with new series and Angell and her Barefoot William Beach #2 did not disappoint. The Cates family were an easy bunch to get to know even though there were so many of them; the Saunders not so much. Talk about being born on the wrong side of Center Street vs. with a silver spoon in your mouth.

This was mainly the story of the Cates family and how Sophie Saun
P.A. DePaul
Apr 26, 2014 P.A. DePaul rated it it was ok
This is my first Kate Angell book. I realized after reading the first few paragraphs the readers must have met these characters in a previous book. Undaunted, I continued, relying on the fact the author would fill me in on the highpoints of what I missed. Luckily she did. I liked the professional volleyball angle. It’s fresh, not overdone and definitely made me want to go to the beach.

What I found hard to get past was the author’s lack of faith in her reader’s memories or ability to understand t
Audrey
Oct 22, 2013 Audrey marked it as dnf-not-now-maybe-never
Shelves: contemporary
There were too many short sentences. The book relied heavily on five to eight word sentences. They made the story sound choppy. The characters had no complex thoughts. The dialogue sounded like they communicated in staccato. They could have narrated through telegram. I read a chapter or two. That's the limit on my tolerance. I'm DNF-ing this book. I have better things to read.
Serena Shay
May 03, 2013 Serena Shay rated it really liked it
Love, love, love this series! I want to live in Barefoot William and run my own little boardwalk shop. :)
Hilcia
As with No Tan Lines, the first book of the Barefoot Williams series, Kate Angell again excels when it comes to setting and atmosphere. No Strings Attached is a quick, light, cute, beach read. For me, the best part of Angell's contemporary read is that she made me want to be on that boardwalk playing beach volleyball, eating ice cream cones, and enjoying some summer fun!

The romances, yes, there are two of them again, are okay, but again not on the sweeping side of the scale. The central romance
Toni
Jul 21, 2013 Toni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kensington-arcs
No Strings Attached warmed my soul, mind and heart. Such a perfect sweet read.

I’m going to put this out first thing; No Strings Attached is very heartwarming and tender. There is no action, angst, love triangles, back stabbing, and mystery. There aren’t even explicit sex scenes in the novel, but lovely touching ones. This book is sweet, light hearted and a nice change of pace. If you only read books with any of the above, you will likely not like No Strings Attached. But if you want something t
Tara
Jun 07, 2013 Tara rated it really liked it
I had been waiting for this book since book one. In book one I wanted the Duane and Sophie story more than main characters.

When I got to this book I felt ore drawn to Mac's story as much, if not more than Duane and Sophies.

A good read that I finished during one flight, but left me wondering if Zane's is next. She teased with him and I hope he's next on the docket for his turn, or return to love.

Duane's decision to go from friend like to boyfriend like with Sophie happens rather quickly, but I th
Julie Barrett
Apr 30, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it liked it
No Strings Attached Angell, Kate
This book follows a previous one but things are explained enough that it can be read at any time. The feud continues or has it ended with the marriage: Cates and Saunders.
They drew the line in town, Shaye from the working people part and Trace from the very high class exclusive part of town, they merged and married. On we find his sister Sophie who's not found her niche in life, working and volunteering til she finds something she might want to do with the rest
Lizpeveto
Aug 06, 2014 Lizpeveto rated it it was ok
This is the first book to read written by the author and am not familiar w/ any previous books. This is one of those typical shy, unpopular girls who crushes on the good looking ex-baseball jock. It has enough original storyline to keep it interesting. The characters are real as is most of the dialog and it is possible that the two might really have a relationship. I would pick up and read another book by the author.

Julie Mink
Apr 23, 2014 Julie Mink rated it it was amazing
A sweet love story. What a wonderful story of love and family, growing up, taking chances and stepping outside your comfort zone. This is the second book in the Barefoot William trilogy. Could not find the first one at the library so started with this one while I ordered the first. I plan to read all three as they were fun to read. Wanted to walk the boardwalk at Barefoot William and get to know all the people who work and play there.
Stacey Conrad
Apr 02, 2014 Stacey Conrad rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I like Kate Angell's books, I started with her baseball series and have enjoyed Barefoot William, also. This one pics up almost a year later from the first one, and flows nicely. I like the relationship between all the characters, and especially that the Caterer clan have accepted Sophie Saunders even though she's supposed to be the enemy. It's a fun, fast read with a secondary romance between side characters.
Jun 19, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Megan
Jun 06, 2016 Megan rated it it was ok
I know, I know, I know. I know not to expect too much of this type of novel but the main female character in this book just drove me insane. I know the point of it was to show how she overcomes her fears but she was just so damned scared of everything. Totally unbelievable character.
Vicki
May 07, 2014 Vicki rated it really liked it
A good Beach read, fast & fun. 2nd one in a series about the Florida boardwalk town introduced in No Tan Lines with another lighthearted story about the rivalry between the carefree, struggling Cates clan and the stiff, affluent Saunders family.
Shannon
Mar 23, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it
Took me a few tries to stick with this because the first few chapters talked about nothing other than these two dudes wanting sex. However there was a story, albeit unrealistic, but still there. Easy beach read.
Cheryl
Jul 04, 2014 Cheryl rated it did not like it
Shelves: usa
I did not enjoy this book at all. It was too saccharine and the main character (Sophie) was really unappealing. I did not understand how her quirks and phobias were supposed to be appealing.
Maggie
Aug 29, 2013 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I was perfectly in the mood for this book and I loved the characters so it was a winning combination for me. I picked this up at the library before I realized it was part of a series and then spent the whole book thinking, "I wonder if this is part of a series?". There were assumed story lines but oddly enough it wasn't as though I was missing something. I almost cannot express how much I liked the Sophie Saunders character, she was awkward, clumsy, geeky and sheltered but didn't care what other ...more
Cindy
Mar 12, 2014 Cindy rated it liked it
Shelves: a-b-c
I liked this book after I got into it. At first the two guys seemed sappy and just wanted sex but thank heavens there was more to it. Sophie was finding herself throughout the book.
Pamela
Dec 23, 2014 Pamela rated it liked it
Author's style is simplistic. Characters are shallow. I won't be reading any more of her books. I did finish it, so it gets 3 stars for that.
Holly
Aug 12, 2014 Holly rated it really liked it
An enjoyable piece of fluff. While Sophie was very likable, she was too little girl like. Mac and Jenna were the more interesting characters.
Anne
Feb 05, 2014 Anne rated it it was ok
Truly the silliest book I have ever read, but distracting when it is -5 outside....
Carla J
Oct 26, 2014 Carla J rated it liked it
This was funny and fun to read. The story is a bit predictable...clumsy girl meets superstar volleyball player who is a "player." and they live happily ever after. But the style is fun and the supporting characters are quirky and silly. They made this so much fun to read.
Sharon
May 14, 2014 Sharon rated it did not like it
Shelves: chicklit
A waste of two days reading. Don't know why I even finished the book.
Sophie
Aug 25, 2015 Sophie rated it liked it
I love how ice cream sandwiches, diners, red velvet cake, hamsters, and beach boys were frequently mentioned. I wouldn't say that any of the relationships were "no strings attached," but the plot was still light and fun. I think some of the details were uninteresting, but for the most part I enjoyed the story.
Meredith Perrotta
Aug 13, 2014 Meredith Perrotta rated it really liked it
Cute book of what I read!
Jane
May 10, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Sophie is an adorable, clumsy and awkward girl and Dune is the hot sexy beach boy who plays professional volleyball. They met over a year ago and the volleyball tournament and Sophie made a big impression on Dune back then. They then come back together in this book which is the 2nd in the barefoot Williams series. There is lots of love, fun, sea, sand and sex (but tastefully done) greet little chick book that a recommend. Had me smiling laughing and brought a little tear to my e ...more
Elizabet Luna
Apr 29, 2014 Elizabet Luna rated it it was amazing
Awesome ending. Cute couple.
Amanda
Aug 07, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I knew I would truthfully because I loved Sophie and Mac from No Tan Lines and knew they would have a wonderful and sweet story. Mac though, Man did I love that character. In fact my only qualm with this whole book was that I felt Mac and Jenna could have had their own story. They were that good in my opinion.
  • He's the One (includes Oklahoma Nights #1.5; Barefoot William #2.5)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
  • As Good As New (Something New, #4)
  • Never Stopped Loving You (Bella Warren, #1)
  • The Player Next Door
  • Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)
  • The Striker's Chance
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Perfect Catch (Boys of Summer, #2)
  • Own the Night (Made in Montana, #2)
  • The Man Plan (The Graysons, #2)
  • Matching Millie
  • Playing by Her Rules (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #1)
I live in Beautiful Naples on the Gulf of Mexico, Florida. I love the sunshine, as well as the seasonal summer thunderstorms. I'm a morning person. I enjoy brunch. I'm an animal lover and avid reader. I laugh a lot. My birthday's in March, I'm an Aries. My favorite color is purple. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I can read Tarot Cards. My office has lots of plants: bamboo, Elephant Ear, and ...more
More about Kate Angell...

Barefoot William (5 books)
  • No Tan Lines (Barefoot William, #1)
  • No Sunshine When She's Gone (Barefoot William, #3)
  • No One Like You (Barefoot William, #4)
  • No Breaking My Heart (Barefoot William, #5)