Start by marking “No Strings Attached” as Want to Read:
No Strings Attached

No Strings Attached (Barefoot William #2)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  478 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Balmy ocean breezes. . .sweet coconut oil. . .glistening tanned bodies. There's no better place for romantic sparks to fly than at the beach.

As a professional volleyball player, Dune Cates attracts scores of pretty women who flock to his side. But only one has managed to get under his skin--Sophie Saunders. Unlike the skimpily-clad beach groupies, Sophie marches to a beat...more
Published April 30th 2013 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about No Strings Attached, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Strings Attached

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsHeaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
197th out of 438 books — 1,032 voters
The Way You Look Tonight by Bella AndreIt Had to Be You by Jill ShalvisWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Best Man by Kristan HigginsWaiting for Love by Marie Force
2013 Contemporary Romance
162nd out of 465 books — 830 voters

More lists with this book...

Glamdring
*2,5 stars*

This book was a bit weird to read because it oscilatted between 4 and 2 stars.

There is 2 love stories. The main one between Dune and Sophie and the secondary one between Mac and Jenna.

We met all the characters in the previous book (No tan lines). Dune and Mac are back to Barefoot Williams for a month vacation, they are best friends and Professional beach volley partners.

Sophie is a book worm, tremendously shy and with lots of phobia. One of those being she’s afraid of water. She als...more
Jess
DNF at pg 200 - I hate not finishing a book, but I just can't get into this one. There's something odd about the writing style that I'm not connecting with. I can't put my finger on it, saying it's too literal might be the best way, but whatever it is, how it reads, from dialogue to just descriptions, isn't working for me.

Also, by page 200 I need to care about the characters and I don't. The heroine is cute enough but I'm not clicking fully with her, the hero or the secondary storyline characte...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I love when I find new authors along with new series and Angell and her Barefoot William Beach #2 did not disappoint. The Cates family were an easy bunch to get to know even though there were so many of them; the Saunders not so much. Talk about being born on the wrong side of Center Street vs. with a silver spoon in your mouth.

This was mainly the story of the Cates family and how Sophie Saun...more
P.A. DePaul
This is my first Kate Angell book. I realized after reading the first few paragraphs the readers must have met these characters in a previous book. Undaunted, I continued, relying on the fact the author would fill me in on the highpoints of what I missed. Luckily she did. I liked the professional volleyball angle. It’s fresh, not overdone and definitely made me want to go to the beach.

What I found hard to get past was the author’s lack of faith in her reader’s memories or ability to understand t...more
Audrey
Oct 22, 2013 Audrey marked it as dnf-not-now-maybe-never
Shelves: contemporary
There were too many short sentences. The book relied heavily on five to eight word sentences. They made the story sound choppy. The characters had no complex thoughts. The dialogue sounded like they communicated in staccato. They could have narrated through telegram. I read a chapter or two. That's the limit on my tolerance. I'm DNF-ing this book. I have better things to read.
Serena Shay
Love, love, love this series! I want to live in Barefoot William and run my own little boardwalk shop. :)
Hilcia
As with No Tan Lines, the first book of the Barefoot Williams series, Kate Angell again excels when it comes to setting and atmosphere. No Strings Attached is a quick, light, cute, beach read. For me, the best part of Angell's contemporary read is that she made me want to be on that boardwalk playing beach volleyball, eating ice cream cones, and enjoying some summer fun!

The romances, yes, there are two of them again, are okay, but again not on the sweeping side of the scale. The central romance...more
Toni
No Strings Attached warmed my soul, mind and heart. Such a perfect sweet read.

I’m going to put this out first thing; No Strings Attached is very heartwarming and tender. There is no action, angst, love triangles, back stabbing, and mystery. There aren’t even explicit sex scenes in the novel, but lovely touching ones. This book is sweet, light hearted and a nice change of pace. If you only read books with any of the above, you will likely not like No Strings Attached. But if you want something t...more
Tara
I had been waiting for this book since book one. In book one I wanted the Duane and Sophie story more than main characters.

When I got to this book I felt ore drawn to Mac's story as much, if not more than Duane and Sophies.

A good read that I finished during one flight, but left me wondering if Zane's is next. She teased with him and I hope he's next on the docket for his turn, or return to love.

Duane's decision to go from friend like to boyfriend like with Sophie happens rather quickly, but I th...more
Julie Barrett
No Strings Attached Angell, Kate
This book follows a previous one but things are explained enough that it can be read at any time. The feud continues or has it ended with the marriage: Cates and Saunders.
They drew the line in town, Shaye from the working people part and Trace from the very high class exclusive part of town, they merged and married. On we find his sister Sophie who's not found her niche in life, working and volunteering til she finds something she might want to do with the rest...more
Lizpeveto
This is the first book to read written by the author and am not familiar w/ any previous books. This is one of those typical shy, unpopular girls who crushes on the good looking ex-baseball jock. It has enough original storyline to keep it interesting. The characters are real as is most of the dialog and it is possible that the two might really have a relationship. I would pick up and read another book by the author.

Julie Mink
A sweet love story. What a wonderful story of love and family, growing up, taking chances and stepping outside your comfort zone. This is the second book in the Barefoot William trilogy. Could not find the first one at the library so started with this one while I ordered the first. I plan to read all three as they were fun to read. Wanted to walk the boardwalk at Barefoot William and get to know all the people who work and play there.
Stacey Conrad
I like Kate Angell's books, I started with her baseball series and have enjoyed Barefoot William, also. This one pics up almost a year later from the first one, and flows nicely. I like the relationship between all the characters, and especially that the Caterer clan have accepted Sophie Saunders even though she's supposed to be the enemy. It's a fun, fast read with a secondary romance between side characters.
Amanda
I really enjoyed this book. I knew I would truthfully because I loved Sophie and Mac from No Tan Lines and knew they would have a wonderful and sweet story. Mac though, Man did I love that character. In fact my only qualm with this whole book was that I felt Mac and Jenna could have had their own story. They were that good in my opinion.
Carla J
This was funny and fun to read. The story is a bit predictable...clumsy girl meets superstar volleyball player who is a "player." and they live happily ever after. But the style is fun and the supporting characters are quirky and silly. They made this so much fun to read.
Vicki
A good Beach read, fast & fun. 2nd one in a series about the Florida boardwalk town introduced in No Tan Lines with another lighthearted story about the rivalry between the carefree, struggling Cates clan and the stiff, affluent Saunders family.
Cheryl
Jul 04, 2014 Cheryl rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: usa
I did not enjoy this book at all. It was too saccharine and the main character (Sophie) was really unappealing. I did not understand how her quirks and phobias were supposed to be appealing.
Maggie
I was perfectly in the mood for this book and I loved the characters so it was a winning combination for me. I picked this up at the library before I realized it was part of a series and then spent the whole book thinking, "I wonder if this is part of a series?". There were assumed story lines but oddly enough it wasn't as though I was missing something. I almost cannot express how much I liked the Sophie Saunders character, she was awkward, clumsy, geeky and sheltered but didn't care what other...more
Cindy
Mar 12, 2014 Cindy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: a-b-c
I liked this book after I got into it. At first the two guys seemed sappy and just wanted sex but thank heavens there was more to it. Sophie was finding herself throughout the book.
Holly
An enjoyable piece of fluff. While Sophie was very likable, she was too little girl like. Mac and Jenna were the more interesting characters.
Anne
Truly the silliest book I have ever read, but distracting when it is -5 outside....
Sharon
A waste of two days reading. Don't know why I even finished the book.
Meredith Perrotta
Cute book of what I read!
Jane
Loved this book. Sophie is an adorable, clumsy and awkward girl and Dune is the hot sexy beach boy who plays professional volleyball. They met over a year ago and the volleyball tournament and Sophie made a big impression on Dune back then. They then come back together in this book which is the 2nd in the barefoot Williams series. There is lots of love, fun, sea, sand and sex (but tastefully done) greet little chick book that a recommend. Had me smiling laughing and brought a little tear to my e...more
Elizabet Luna
Awesome ending. Cute couple.
Gail
Nice little read. Although--If an author is going to include baseball talk, the author ought to learn the difference between infielders and outfielders. A discussion about the best outfielder ever will not include shortstops or first basemen. Only right, left, and center fielders.
Bette Hansen
I hate to gush but I gotta say that I absolutely LOVE this book. Definitely going in my 're-read file. You can't help but root for the slightly goofy but always wonderful Sophie. You want her to get the guy and what a fine guy Dune is. The secondary romance between Jenna and Mac is surprising and fabulous!! Grab a chair and this book and head for the beach!!
Christine
It took me a few weeks to get through this book. I'm a huge fan of opposites attract characters so I thought this would be right up my alley. The story was good, but something was off. I liked the two characters as they were featured in the previous book, but I didn't like them in this one. I found myself quickly losing interest in their romance.
Karen
This was a sweet romance. I love Sophie, she clumsy, short, and she's had a crush on Dune since he helped her when she was 12 years old. It doesn't help that their families have been feuding for decades. Dune is a pro volleyball player and doesn't have trouble catching the eyes of women, but why can't he get Sophie out of his mind?
  • He's the One (includes Oklahoma Nights #1.5)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Rushing Amy (Love and Football, #2)
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • He's So Fine (Lucky Harbor, #11)
  • A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)
  • Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)
  • The Striker's Chance
  • Ripped (Miller Sisters, #1)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)
  • Wild About her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Pitch Perfect (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Love Him or Leave Him (Small Town, Big Dreams, #2)
I live in Beautiful Naples on the Gulf of Mexico, Florida. I love the sunshine, as well as the seasonal summer thunderstorms. I'm a morning person. I enjoy brunch. I'm an animal lover and avid reader. I laugh a lot. My birthday's in March, I'm an Aries. My favorite color is purple. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I can read Tarot Cards. My office has lots of plants: bamboo, Elephant Ear, and...more
More about Kate Angell...
Squeeze Play (Richmond Rogues, #1) Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2) Sliding Home (Richmond Rogues, #4) Strike Zone (Richmond Rogues, #3) Sweet Spot (Richmond Rogues, #5)