Start by marking “Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer” as Want to Read:
Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer

Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer

God, God Almighty, God the Creator of man--this same God, in all His power and all His majesty, stops and listens when you pray. All that God is--and all that God has--may be received through prayer. Everything you need to fulfill your purpose on earth is available to you through prayer. The biblically-based, time-tested principles presented by Dr. Myles Munroe will ignite ...more
Published July 1st 2002 by Whitaker Distribution (first published January 1st 2001)

Marcellas
Jun 10, 2011 Marcellas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Excellent book. It showed me where I had holes in my prayer life and filled them. This is a must read for a prayer warrior and for those who want to build a relationship with God."
Jean Pierre
Jul 23, 2011 Jean Pierre rated it did not like it
This book is unfortunately a pretty heretical book. This was probably one of the first books I read when I got saved. As I was reading the book, I couldn't help but notice some very eisegetical interpretations to some passages, even as a new believer. One of the most evident and blasphemous interpretations of Scripture comes in page 33 where he takes Psalm 82:6 and somehow interprets it to mean that we are "little gods". The "little gods" doctrine is actually quite prevalent in the Word of Faith ...more
Miriam Tereck
Apr 03, 2013 Miriam Tereck rated it liked it
l gave this book 5 stars. I have nothing to add or subtract from this powerful book. It has 238 pages and every page blessed me beyond measure. He raised a lot of points that made me THINK and examine my prayer life. The book is in four parts, the first part talks about the purpose and priority of prayer and the reason so many people pray even though they do not understand or realise the power that prayer holds. He states that “Prayer is not just an activity, a ritual, or an obligation . It is ...more
Abi Las
Nov 19, 2014 Abi Las rated it it was amazing
I have been reading this since Oct 2014, not rushing throught it. Actually studying it in line with the Bible
David
Apr 27, 2012 David added it
The title says it all. The most comprehensive book on prayer that I have read.
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Prayer is...the most important activity of humanity" ~ Dr. Myles Munroe, Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer, p. 237

This book will help you obtain an deeper understanding of prayer and the purpose of prayer. It opened my eyes to the importance of prayer and how my prayers are influencing the earth. Also, how my lack of prayer is hindering the plans and purposes of God. I found myself praying more and encouraged to pray more.

I think if you are not praying more after reading this book,
Tcrimmel
Aug 26, 2010 Tcrimmel rated it really liked it
This book covers principles and authority foundations for believers in Christ. It is not a formula, but the principles help us to check our attitude and approach to God through prayer.
Zocurtis
Dec 27, 2008 Zocurtis rated it it was amazing
A very powerful book about prayer that everyone should read.
Crystal McCrorey
Nov 11, 2016 Crystal McCrorey rated it it was amazing
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I have read this book at least 3 times over the past few years. It has truly taught me the depths of tapping into this mighty weapon God has given us to truly exercise our dominion over the earth!!!
Stacey Woodall
Oct 06, 2016 Stacey Woodall rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read on prayer...
Githaiga
Dec 31, 2013 Githaiga rated it did not like it

The very sub-title of the book is heretical at best, "earthly key to heavenly interference".Please understand that God is the Almighty,sovereign having both dominion and authority over all His creation, that includes physical and spiritual beings (human beings, righteous angles and satan and his demons). In 1chronicles 29:11 we read " yours o Lord is the greatness and the power and the victory and the majesty,for all that is in heaven and earth is thine, thine is the kingdom o Lord and Thou art
Chiquedee
May 03, 2015 Chiquedee rated it really liked it
Didn't agree with everything that the writer presented here but nonetheless I thought the book gave me a lot of spiritual insight into the weapon of prayer and how to utilise it effectively in daily battle. The author challenged me to discipline myself where my prayer life was concerned and to be steadfast in believing, proclaiming, receiving what has been provided through the finished work of Jesus Christ. Excellent.
Emily
Nov 29, 2007 Emily rated it it was ok
He's getting two stars because this made me THINK, which made for an interesting bible study. It's not getting more than that because I have to believe it's a little heretical. There were some things I definitely did not agree with, as I'm not quite a proponent of the health-and-wealth gospel.
Cedric Walker
This is not just about prayer but building intimacy with God

I recommend this book for every believer who's looking to enrich their prayer life, entertain God's presence and evolve deeper into kingdom living.
CJ
Feb 06, 2016 CJ rated it it was amazing
This book taught me a lot about prayer when my curiosity first lead me to my calling as a prayer warrior. This book, along with the study guide, answers a lot of common questions about prayer and dispells many misconceptions. The book helped me understand how powerful my prayers really are.
Kelly russell
Jan 28, 2008 Kelly russell rated it it was amazing
I am learning a lot about prayer. This is a great book to understanding what prayer really is. I started rereading it after putting it down for some time. I think now was the perfect time for me to pick it up again! It's a real eye-opener.
Luis
Jan 07, 2010 Luis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
la oracion es el ejercicio de nuestra autoridad sobre la tierra al darle a Dios
la libertad de intervenir en los asuntos terrenales
David Brown
David Brown rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Merlyn
Merlyn rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Rolando Mariano
Rolando Mariano rated it did not like it
Dec 08, 2016
French Cocoa
French Cocoa rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Norman Khiza
Norman Khiza rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Joelie Oliver
Joelie Oliver rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2014
Samuel Hall
Samuel Hall rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2010
Clara
Clara rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Luke
Luke rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Oyewole Ebo
Oyewole Ebo rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Carlos Puentes
Carlos Puentes rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Patrick Mowatt
Patrick Mowatt rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
Prayer 2 17 May 15, 2014 10:20PM
  • Discover Your Spiritual Gifts: The Easy-To-Use, Self-Guided Questionnaire That Helps You Identify and Understand Your Various God-Given Spiritual Gifts
  • Authority in Prayer: Praying with Power and Purpose
  • The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
  • The Threshing Floor: How to Know Without a Doubt that God Hears Your Every Prayer
  • Don't Just Stand There, Pray Something: The Incredible Power of Intercessory Prayer
  • Ignite: How to Spark Immediate Growth in Your Church
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • Alone With God (MacArthur Study Series)
  • Spirit Driven Success