Start by marking “Creating Competitive Advantage Creating Competitive Advantage Creating Competitive Advantage” as Want to Read:

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Why should I do business with you... and not your competitor?
Whether you are a retailer, manufacturer, distributor, or service provider - if youcannot answer this question, you are surely losing customers, clients and market share. This eye-opening book reveals how identifying your competitive advantages and trumpeting them to the marketplace is the most surefireway to cl
Published April 25th 2006 by Broadway Business

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Competitive Advantage Creating Competitive Advantage Creating Competitive Advantage

Mac
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mac by: My curiousity
Shelves: business
Many great actionable tips I can implement right away in my business. One of the rare books I finished in a few days because the advice can be used instantly. Although I'm not exactly the book's target market as I'm a lifestyle entrepreneur without employees and a "real" business, it's still very relevant to what I do and totally broadened the context of how to be different. It's also recommended by the author of Influence, which is one of the greatest marketing books ever, so I'm not surprised.
Rebecca Brandt
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Takes complicated business school marketing concepts and makes them easy to understand. Paints a clear picture of what a competitive advantage is for a business...and/or for a person.
Raman K
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Had to read for class but it was good!
Oscar Romero
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: school
For a book written in 2006--sure has many, many excellent ideas I am sure they will never get outdated. Specially the one about many of us always not paying attention to our own company competitive advantages....until your costumers mention them. And if you ever take the time to ask them in such a manner that they will be candid enough to share with you.

Quite interesting that what we think is a advantage--within our own companies--may not be what the customers see or think. It is tantamount to s
Brandon Bellinghausen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very helpful.
Guru
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, business
This somewhat dated book on creating, maintaining and publicizing about your competitive edge still has some good bits. For most part, the author shares her experience of how she was able to turn around certain businesses solely by encouraging them to think and talk about their competitive advantages.
The most important take-away was the fact that competitive advantage is fleeting and even replicable. A business cannot afford to rest on its laurels and assume that the competition can never catch
Paul Gallipeau
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most influential books i have read on marketing and it covers fundamental principles that almost every business neglects. When I meet with my clients, I use a lot of the techniques I learned from this book to help identify competitive advantages to use for our marketing plans. I've typed up and organized all of the notes I took while reading this book and you can check them out here: http://www.paulcarl.com/creating-comp...
Ryan Willging
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is status quo for business books. Stories of companies in the real world (experience) implementing and executing a process (theory) to positively differentiate yourself from your competitors. I believe there is real value in strategizing on and developing competitive advantages. Good reading for an MBA or new product manager.
Chandrashekhar kulkarni
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
MOST PRACTICAL AND CONCISE BOOK. USEFUL IN EVERY WAY. I USED MANY IDEAS FROM THIS DURING TRAINING AND COULD EMPHASIS THE NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IN THE THE TRAINING.
Joshua Goldberg
Sam Page
Jan 12, 2014
Bryant
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read - thought provoking, and extremely insightful.
Katya Bogdanov
May 23, 2016
Patrick Mowatt
Aug 29, 2012
Scottalberts
Book is over 10 years old, but very relevant to marketing. A used book find, so I was constantly hi-lighting and making notes. Fits perfectly with programs such as "Book Yourself Solid" and "The Referral Engine." Communicate what you do BEST.