Start by marking “100 Facts About Pandas” as Want to Read:
100 Facts About Pandas

100 Facts About Pandas (100 Facts About... #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  154 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Pandas are irresistible and people think they know a lot about them. But only the true panda expert knows:

-The age of a panda can be determined by measuring the distance between its nipples
-In Egyptian hieroglyphics, the panda symbol means "notwithstanding"
-Prince's song "Purple Rain" was inspired by the mixed emotions he feels about pandas

Smart, funny, and chock-
Published September 28th 2010 by Penguin Books (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Facts About Pandas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Facts About Pandas

karen
Oct 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing

jasmine beat me to the reviewing of this book (shakes fist at sky) but i love this book so much, i am still going to put in my two cents. jasmine did such a good job with the picture-part of reviewing, that i will stick with just the facts.

what i learned from this book:

1) pandas are afraid of fish and butterflies.
2) a group of pandas is known as a cupboard
3)pandas have had a significant impact on popular music, with 'cecilia' by simon and garfunkel, 'proud mary' by creedence clearwater revival a
Jasmine
Oct 02, 2010 rated it really liked it

what if chuck norris was a panda?
now we know.

did you think that was all, that is not all:

first:

then:

Lastly:

panda chuck norris kills you with cuteness
Scott
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
This is the most factual book I have ever read, and the most factual book in existence, probably. 10/5 stars.
Savannah Payne
I actually believed most of these facts the first time I read this...
Andrea
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I bought this book because of the panda on the front (My husband loves all things panda), but I never imagined how hilarious the subject matter would be. I laughed out loud at almost every page, which incorporates a giant panda into the picture in every way imaginable. And the descriptions that follows are hilarious, mainly because I can tell that the writer was trying to be serious. But I have no idea how anyone could write this book with a straight face. I know I couldn't. A must for every pan ...more
S
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Very funny. I learned a lot about Panda's that I would never have otherwise. Who knew they could run backwards so fast.
Rachael Hewison
My boyfriend's brother came across this book and got it for him for his birthday- very apt as my boyfriend's nickname is Panda.

However it is the most random book ever. I have no idea how the authors came up with the facts they did. They're just so bizarre. I can see why other people would find them funny but I'm afraid I'd rather stick with the Bunny Suicide books.
Melina
Oct 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Bought it for a Panda-worshipper. I was going to muzzle its voice with wrapping paper but it entranced me and whispered, "read me you know you want to". So I read it. Informative. Adorable. Hilarious (read it with a pretty good buzz mind you). Almost believable.
Odhran
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the concerned reader: these facts are definitely 1000% true.
Sydne
As a fan of DOD's comedy, I of course had to get this book. A deadpan-ly funny little read with made up facts about Pandas- if you like his humour.
Allison Massey
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found this book highly entertaining! Obviously the book is intended to be ludicrous, however there are a few things in there one could pass off as a fact to friends for a good chuckle.
Paul
Oct 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Amusing facts, but the Photoshopping was often mediocre.
Kari
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gift
The author of this is David O'Doherty, not Brian.

Put a new dress aside, sweetheart.
Heather
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Bought it for my boyfriend's brother (nicknamed Panda) and had to read it. So oddly weird and incredibly funny.
KawaiiMoogle
  • Lost Sloth
  • Tiny Hats on Cats: Because Every Cat Deserves to Feel Fancy
  • Shake
  • Crap Taxidermy
David Nicholas O'Doherty (born 18 December 1975 in Dublin, Ireland) is a Perrier Award winning Irish stand-up comedian, author, musician, actor and playwright. His stand-up has won two awards at the Edinburgh Fringe, Best Newcomer first of all and the if.comedy award in 2008 for his show Let's Comedy. He has been nominated twice more for his work at the festival. O'Doherty has also written a child ...more
More about David O'Doherty...

100 Facts About... (2 books)
  • 100 Facts About Sharks