Start by marking “Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens)” as Want to Read:
Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens)

Complete Guide to Quilting (Better Homes and Gardens)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  229 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A one-stop quilting reference for beginners and expertsBetter Homes and Gardens Complete Guide to Quilting shows readers how to master every technique, method, tool, fabric, block, seam, knot, and stitch. It's like a private "show me" quilt class designed to help quilters expand their skills.
Published August 1st 2003 by Better Homes Gardens (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Complete Guide to Quilting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Guide to Quilting

Pilar
Jan 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The best book I've found so far on quilting techniques. Clearly written instructions for all kinds of techniques, with helpful photography and even clean formatting, which makes the step-by-step articles even better. I've been quilting for a year, and this book has become my go-to paper and ink resource.
Melanie I
Feb 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
New to quilting, or old hand...this is THE best reference guide I've found. If you're a quilter, do NOT hesitate to pick up a copy.
Nonnie
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
2002

This is a comprehensive LEARN HOW TO MAKE A QUILT book. A must for every quilter's reference shelf. I do think they need to update the book as new techniques have been developed over the last 10 years that needs to be included. I also would like some chapters on fast piecing techniques because I am into making charity quilts and need faster techniques. But, as I said before it is a MUST HAVE BOOK.

Chapters:
Tools Notions and Supplies
Fabric and Color
Planning Pieced Blocks ( drafting)
Planning
Julie
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is great with color photos and some step by step instructions. It is not dummy proof though and I still found myself rather thoroughly confused at times. Definitely not as easy as it looks!
Alice
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just started out quilting but it has been something I have always wanted to try . I found this book to help me ( hopefully someday ) perfect the art of quilting . It explains everything in the book in detail , I love this book .
Maureen
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quilting
Good reference book
Jessica
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: practical, crafts
Good for beginners. A great precursor to Quilts A to Z.
Shannon
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent reference book. This book has the most clear, complete, and concise instructions of any quilting books that I've read.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a competent way to initially begin quilting with project design emphasis
AJ
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book, I want to come back to this when I'm ready to get started quilting.
Carey
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafty
Love this! It's so thorough re: quilting techniques. I wish that it had a bit more in here re: modern quilting, however.
Swhe641200
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
10/12 Check out of the library. Give a great over view So many things I do not know and so much to remember.
Rachel Rogers
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is so helpful. Practical advice about every step of quilting. Lots of photos of the steps being described. I cannot recommend this book enough for those interested in quilting.
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craftycrafty, 2012
This is a great reference book for both hand and machine quilting. It's not written in a particularly *fun* way, but it's never failed me when I looked something up in it.
Eileen
Oct 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
An excellent reference book for anything you want to know about making a quilt.
Kei
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
Almost overwhelming amount of data. However, will be quite useful on my journey to figure this whole "quiliting" thing out.
Lisa
Apr 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A quilting Bible for the beginner or anyone who likes to quilt. I refer to it with evert new project I begin.
Norman Stone
Jul 24, 2014
Krystal Brackett
Aug 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Heirloom Machine Quilting: A Comprehensive Guide to Hand-Quilting Effects Using Your Sewing Machine
  • Make a Quilt in a Day: Log Cabin Pattern
  • The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker: 12 Quilt Projects
  • Machine Quilting Made Easy!: Perpetual Calendar
  • Quilter's Complete Guide
  • Complete Guide to Needlework
  • Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts
  • Scrap Therapy Cut the Scraps!: 7 Steps to Quilting Your Way through Your Stash
  • Jelly Roll Quilts: The Perfect Guide to Making the Most of the Latest Strip Rolls
  • Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabrics
  • Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots
  • Block Party: The Modern Quilting Bee: The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog & 12 Improvisational Projects
  • Quiltmaking by Hand: Simple Stitches, Exquisite Quilts
  • Quilting with a Modern Slant: People, Patterns, and Techniques Inspiring the Modern Quilt Community
  • Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, & Inspiration
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting
  • Comfort from a Country Quilt: Finding New Inspiration and Strength in Old-Fashioned Values
  • Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks
Better Homes and Gardens is the fourth best selling magazine in the United States. Better Homes and Gardens focuses on interests regarding homes, cooking, gardening, crafts, healthy living, decorating, and entertaining. The magazine is published 12 times per year by the Meredith Corporation. It was founded in 1922 by Edwin Meredith, who had previously been the United States Secretary of Agricultur ...more
More about Better Homes and Gardens...