Start by marking “The Search for the Scepter” as Want to Read:
The Search for the Scepter

The Search for the Scepter

When Princesses Rosalie and Scarlet went to bed on a breezy summer night, they didn’t expect to awake to such a fright. Their father, the King’s, scepter was taken by a thief.

The royal family was in utter disbelief. The princesses sneak out of bed and find a small clue. There mission is clear, they know what they must do. Along their journey, they meet friends who help the
Published December 1st 2020 by Mascot Books

To ask other readers questions about The Search for the Scepter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Search for the Scepter

Start your review of The Search for the Scepter
Mehsi
I received this book from RockstarBookTours in exchange of an honest review.

A scepter is stolen and two princesses are on the case to find it again. For their father. For the kingdom. The premise sounded amazing and I can tell you that the story was just as amazing. The kingdom the girls live in is one of magic and beauty. From genies to mermaids to unicorns. There is so much to explore and I was happy that I could go with the girls on a quest. Because I wouldn’t want to have missed out on this.
Kari
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this enchanting rhyming fairytale of two little Princesses of a Royal family that have been robbed of their family scepter. They take matters into their own hands and go on a wondrous journey in search of the thief to get the scepter back. It’s a fun story for little kids that they will surely enjoy!
Jenna Rideout
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was granted complimentary access to a digital review copy of The Search for the Scepter by the author through Rockstar Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to all involved for the opportunity! This has not swayed my opinion. My thoughts are my own and my review is honest.

The Search for the Scepter is the story of princesses Rosalie and Scarlet as they travel all over their magical realm in search of the thief who has just broken into the royal library and stolen the royal sce
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This was such a fun mixture of fantasy and adventure in a children’s book! I loved the wonderful characters, and the mission the girls are on to rescue the scepter!

The two main characters in this story are two sisters and princesses. They awake to find a thief has stolen their father’s scepter and decide to take matters into their own hands and get it back! I loved that this adventure was just the two of them, striking out on their own to save something that is special to their father.

The prince
Savanna
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
this book is the best in the world
Kt McMurray
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"The Search for the Scepter" takes the reader on an exciting adventure through many lands! My daughters love books and movies that fall into the fantasy genre, but because they are young I often have a hard time finding a variety of short fantasy texts to read to them that they haven't already heard. This book brought the fantasy genre straight to them! It is written using rhyming poetry which makes it catchy to listen to. I am a fifth grade ELA teacher and I used this book to model narrative po ...more
Lenoire
Nov 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Princess Rosalie and Scarlet went to bed during a breezy night. They didn't expect to be awaken to chaos. Their father's scepter was taken by thief during the night. The entire palace is in chaos and disbelief. The princesses sneak out of bed and try to find clues to the robbery. They realize if they want the thief to be caught, they will need to do it themselves. Will the princesses be able to find the thief?

The book is beautifully illustrated. I love trying to find out what was going to happe
Elizabeth Swartz
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“The Search for the Scepter” is a magical adventure with fun rhymes and amazing illustrations! My kids (2 and 4) love the map at the end so they can recount everywhere the princesses went!! I highly recommend this book!
Amy
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Search for the Scepter is a great children’s book by Julie Dinges. I thought it was wonderful at teaching young ones important lessons while telling a fun and entertaining story. The book is illustrated by Nazar Horokhivskyi with vibrant and colorful pictures that fit the tale perfectly. They are eye catching that will hold the attention for many younger readers.
The Search for the Scepter is getting a very well deserved five plus stars from me. I highly recommend it.
I received The Search f
Erin Miller
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was magical! My family and I loved it so much. The story of the two princesses trying to find their father's missing scepter was a sweet adventure that will inspire kids young and old. The artwork was incredible and the addition of a map to follow the girls in their adventure was a really smart bonus! ...more
Denise Swartz
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written and illustrated children’s book. The characters are adorable. Children will love following them through their adventures.
Dalia Kalgreen
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a fun read with the kiddos. It rhymed, which kept them interested and guessing at what could happen next. Highly recommend this book!!!
Jill
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
This is a cute story, but it's the illustrations that really stand out. They are lovely, colorful, and clearly illustrate the action. Text is in rhyme, though the rhythm is uneven and some of the rhymes are forced. ...more
Laurie
Dec 18, 2020

• Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood
  • The Little Prince
  • The Catcher in the Rye
  • Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • A Curse of Roses
  • The Switch
  • I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
  • The Alchemist
  • What Are You Going Through
  • Class Act (New Kid, #2)
  • Bossypants
  • Stone Mad (Karen Memory, #2)
  • The Question of the Dead Mistress
  • A Knot in the Grain and Other Stories
  • Together
  • Mystery of the Dinner Playhouse
  • Night Night, Norman
Award-winning children's book author, Julie Dinges, lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She loves being outside, cooking, traveling, watching science fiction movies, and reading fantasy books to her girls. Julie spent many years as a technical writer before shifting focus to website design.

One of Julie’s greatest ambitions was to write a book. She is excited to share her first publis

News & Interviews

Readers with adventurous frontal lobes will be happy in July—this month’s batch of new books features some particularly bold ideas and...