Start by marking “Finding Courage (Love's Compass #3)” as Want to Read:
Finding Courage (Love's Compass #3)

Finding Courage

(Love's Compass #3)

With their marriage failing, it takes courage to ask for a second chance…and even more to extend one.

For Duke and Avalon McNeil, it was love at first sight. Married within months of meeting, their feet hardly touched the ground until the reality of their haste hit home with startling clarity.

Duke's heart shattered when Avalon vanished for nearly three weeks, fleeing their
Kindle Edition
Published September 2020 by Dallionz Media, LLC (first published September 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Courage, please sign up.
Jenny Carr No, each can be considered stand alone imo, though it have me a bit more understanding.

Start your review of Finding Courage (Love's Compass #3)
Debbie DiFiore
Another lost brilliant review. I read on my Kindle and try and get the review done in the Kindle. But no you can't save it and come back. I was just on the last line and it just vanished so frustrating.

Evil mother in law tries driving heroine away and does but just for three weeks. She comes back and is pregnant and they try and work it out but then criminal things start happening in their property. ATVs are stolen, attempted break in, vandalism, cut brake lines and I just had to know who did it
Franky
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, the beginning pulls you in with nervous anticipation. Will Duke take Avalon back? Will he be happy to see her? They decide to work on getting to know each other better and save their marriage. It’s a rocky road dealing with Duke’s family, who are anything but happy that he married Avalon. I wanted to hug her! She put up with so much from them. Along with the sweet romance there is a little mystery thrown in as strange things start to happen around the McNeil farm. ...more
Marianne Sciucco
A novel about young people who are married, struggling, but married. How unique. I found this story to be engaging, wholesome and easy to read. The character building was excellent - Avalon and Duke were well-rounded and believable; Loretta was a wicked woman I wanted to slap. I enjoyed reading about life on a farm in Arizona, Duke's long, hard work days, and the sacrifices he and his family had to make to bring in a healthy harvest. The tension between Duke and Avalon, and Avalon and Loretta wa ...more
Krista Noorman
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another sweet, clean romance that I thoroughly enjoyed with a little mystery thrown in, which is always fun, and a rude, disapproving mother-in-law, who adds to the troubles going on in Duke and Avalon's marriage. Such a nice story about forgiveness and learning to trust. ...more
Pamela Kay Vaughan
Slow but cute

This book drug on, especially at the beginning, but the middle picked up a bit. It was a cute story but I felt I was reading a book a teenager wrote. I find it interesting that this is a "Christian" book but never once did this couple go to church. The Bible and God's word were only mentioned once. This book also lacked creativity in descriptions or the characters and scenes; continuously using the same type of phrases for descriptions over and over
Samantha Ball
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story!

A great story about finding courage to face the realities and challenges of a life together. Avalon and Duke got married really quickly. After she leaves her husband for a few weeks to give them space to think through things, she then returns determined to make their marriage work. I enjoyed reading how the two worked through their family issues and found courage to face their adversaries and triumph. Wonderful.
Sonnetta
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another sweet romance by this author

I enjoyed this book. As a reader you can sympathize with the hero and heroine with the struggles of adapting in a new marriage and relating to family . I am glad that the author chose not to rush a reconciliation. She showed that it was a process.
Beth
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m still enjoying this Christian romance series, and I think the writing improves with each book. I didn’t enjoy this quite as much, mostly because I didn’t feel that It was fair of Duke to not trust Avalon for what she did, when his failure to stand up for her was part of the issue. This book had some suspense, and that added interest.
Sally Stackhouse
This is book 3 in a series but the first one I have read. It is a stand-alone novel. It is an OK read but rather repetitive with the same things hashed out again and again. Christian aspects to the novel as described.
Linda Rainey
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice story about growing up and finding your place in the world.
It's reassuring that Duke turned to The Lord in his time of need and found courage to take care of his family.
I loved this book and I recommend it to all readers of Christian Fiction.
Jan Mcleod
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another very good story! Characters are real-like and the plot moves does not drag.
Duke's mother is a real piece of work! I was proud of him for putting her in her place, but without the malice he felt. Then gathering his own family and moving away.
Suze
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FINDING COURAGE

Avalon and Duke marry quickly, then Avalon runs when things get difficult. She comes back, but they have issues. Good Christian content as they work through the problems.
Becki
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adriana Marea
Okay

I liked it but nothing breathtaking about it... I didn’t find the connection with God to be deep enough... Also there’s a line about boys not having pink rooms.... I don’t know
Sandra Webb
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the series!
Linda Straub
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the series so far!

These are real life stories that make the characters come alive. Can’t wait to see what comes next. Love this series of books so far.
Susan Stephens Ballain
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful series!
Stephenee
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read ALL of author Melanie Snitker's books and each one is a bit more amazing than the previous one, but no less of a favorite (if that makes sense). She is a unique author in the sense that she is able to include a message, or meaning in her words that stays with the reader long after they have finished reading the book. Her books are based on Christian beliefs, but are in no way preaching or overpowering with religion. She is a master at weaving a tale that takes readers out of their ch ...more
Kristine
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Choppy

I liked the book. I loved the characters. The writing didn't flow for me. It seemed childish and choppy in a lot of places. I did love the author's ending.
Tamie Dearen
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time to read one of Melanie Snitker’s books, so I didn’t know what to expect. Some Christian fiction is very preachy, and I feel like I’m being lectured or scolded. Others have a trite plot where a character that isn’t a believer accepts Christ as his or her Savior, and suddenly all of their problems are solved. Thankfully, Finding Courage isn’t like those books.

She painted a picture with her words, so I felt as if I were watching a movie instead of reading a book. She has great
Joleen
Duke and Avalon met as counselors at a sumer camp, and three months later they were married. Not a long time to get to know each other, let alone their families. Turns out, Duke's family is a nightmare. They don't like her and they want her gone. The story starts with an awful argument, Avalon leaving for a couple weeks, then the rest of the story is about how they make it work afterward.
Spoiler following...
The three star rating is because it bugged me...Avalon came back after leaving. She was h
Crystal Walton
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-fiction
Once again, Melanie has crafted a classic Christian Romance. From the country setting to the family dynamics to the redemptive message, Finding Courage offers Christian Romance readers a lovable tale centered around the theme of second chances. We can all relate to facing the consequences of making hasty decisions. But I love the reminder in this story that grace meets us even in our failures. And that very grace gives us the courage we need to fight for the good things God has in store for us. ...more
Julie Jobe
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marriage is not easy and Duke and Avalon figure that out pretty quickly, especially when there's an unhappy meddling mother-in-law involved. Avalon is back and ready to make their marriage work, but it will take both of them being humble, honest, and forgiving with each other to work things out. I was blessed to see both Duke and Avalon make the intentional choice to fight for and protect their marriage and figure out how to make things work. This is a book about second chances and hope. Great c ...more
Pattisue
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth fighting for

I enjoyed this book about forgiveness and understanding. Now that the honeymoon is over, Avalon and Duke need to take the time to really get to know each other. Unfortunately, as Avalon encounters hostility and suspicion from her in-laws a gulf widens between her and Duke. This is the third book in the series. I look forward to reading the other books and more from Snitker.
Dorothy Beer
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finding Courage

Nice story. Two opposite views of families and how your childhood effects your personality. Luckily Duke was able to rise above his critical mother and her controlling attitude, while his brother wasn't. It was an interesting story with good variety of characters. Had a happy ending. Would give it 4 stars.
Lillie
This is a little different from the typical romance because the couple is already married. However, they didn't get to know each other well enough before they married, so they have a lot of work to do to save their young marriage. ...more
Cindy
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommend

Wow!  I'm really enjoying this series! So much going on in this book, but overall God is redeeming his chosen ones and giving them a second chance in a variety of ways!  I highly recommend this series!!
Katy Cater
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, christian
Finding Courage is a light read that examines the sticky situations of family dynamics.
Darla Damron
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Hard to put down once I started! I wanted to slap the Mother-in-law on more than one occasion. Can't wait to read Book 4! ...more
Victoria
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read

• Just Look Up (Harbor Pointe, #1)
  • From This Moment On (Windswept Bay, #1)
  • The Harmony of Love: A Christian Romance (New Hope Falls Book 7)
  • A Family's Blessing (Love in Millars Crossing Book 2)
  • The River Girl's Song (Texas Women of Spirit, #1)
  • Island Refuge (Wildflower B&B Romance #1)
  • A Tapestry of Hope (Lights of Lowell, #1)
  • An Untamed Land (Red River of the North, #1)
  • Love's Rescue (Keys of Promise, #1)
  • A Cowboy and his Skipped Christmas: An Adams Sisters Novel (Chestnut Ranch Romance, #8)
  • The Small Town Boys Romance Collection: Richmond Rebels Boxed Set (Richmond Rebels Sweet Romance)
  • The Horsepower of the Holiday (Shiloh Ridge Ranch in Three Rivers #2)
  • Seagrass Secrets (Saltwater Cowboys #4)
  • Into the Flames (Knoxville FBI #1)
  • See Me
  • Coming Home to Steeple Ridge (Steeple Ridge Romance #4)
  • Saltwater Cowboy (Saltwater Cowboys #1)
  • Burn You Twice (Montana Series, #1)
Melanie D. Snitker is a USA Today bestselling author who writes clean and inspirational romance novels.

She has enjoyed writing fiction for as long as she can remember. She started out writing episodes of cartoon shows that she wanted to see as a child and her love of writing grew from there.

She and her husband live in the beautiful Texas Hill Country with their two children, who keep their lives

Love's Compass (6 books)
  • Finding Peace (Love's Compass #1)
  • Finding Hope (Love's Compass #2)
  • Finding Joy (Love's Compass #5)
  • Finding Grace (Love's Compass #6)
  • Calming the Storm (Healing Hearts #1)

News & Interviews

When it comes to whiling away the dog days of summer, nothing is better than a good book. Or two. Or three. Let’s say ten! We’re getting...