Start by marking “The Void (Acktorek, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Void (Acktorek, #1)

The Void (Acktorek, #1)

Which would you choose—save your sister or save the world?

Emma Edsel’s first priority has always been protecting her blind sister Carla. So when Carla begins to develop science-defying abilities that threaten her life, Emma will stop at nothing to save her. With nowhere else to turn, she seeks help from Mitchell, the new boy at school who seems to know much more about it t
Kindle Edition
Published October 26th 2020 by ShireWood Press

To ask other readers questions about The Void, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Void

Start your review of The Void (Acktorek, #1)
Tricia Mingerink
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-ya
The Void is a young adult novel with a lot of heart and soul and a light sci-fi twist. Emma Edsel is a normal teenager navigating high school and dealing with her difficult family situation. However, the new guy at school is more than a new crush. Something seems up with him, and it seems to be connected with the strange things happening to Emma’s little sister.

This book had me at the edge of my seat. It is so tense, and there is so much on the line for the characters. Don’t let this book’s bill
Kendra Ardnek
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid story with an effective message of sacrifice, doing the right thing even when it's difficult, and learning to make the most of the life you're given. It also has some decent disability rep that I know the author researched to the best of her ability.

I did love Mitchell, Brian, and Carla, I did sympathize with Emma. My heartstrings were pulled by the story.

Unfortunately, I do have some wibbly issues that knocked a star - any one of them, I would have overlooked, but they did add up.

Carina Shephard
4.5 stars // read May 2021

thoughts:

-Despite my initial misgivings at the beginning of the story (there are few things that are more unrelatable and uninteresting to me than high school drama) I stuck with it because of the interesting premise. And then the plot hooked me, and somehow along the way the characters became real too and by the end I was blinking away tears.

-Characters- Emma's personality could have been very unlikable, but it makes sense given her completely dysfunctional family an
Jenavieve Rose
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book-have
I don't even know how to begin describing just how good this book is. The characters were very real, and even through their flaws I could still connect to them.

The plot was gripping and kept me on the edge of my seat, it was a thrilling ride to the very end. And, oh, that ending! I can't go into detail for SPOILERS, but even though I wish things could have been different it was the ending this story needed.

Very few stories can make me show emotion even if I truly feel it, but this one pulled at
Bailey Marissa
(Placeholder rating until I read the finalized version)

Full review to come at publication :)
Faith Anderson
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book. THIS BOOK. Acktorek: The Void is a YA, Christian, sci-fi that has depth, emotion, marvelously developed characters that'll just steal your heart, and an extremely suspenseful plot. This is DEFINITELY going on my ''top favorite books" list!

The point of view switches between our three main characters : Emma Edsel, Carla Edsel and Mitchell Banks. I honestly LOVE each and every one of them so. much. and I never once sped through one chapter so that I could get back to a different charact
Sheryl K Hansen
Jun 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Really good clean book. Very exciting although sad. I wish there were more but I guess I just have to wait. I enjoyed the ultimate lesson of sacrifice for others. It truly makes one think. I highly recommend this book.
Rebekah
Aug 27, 2020
Jaye Knight
Feb 18, 2021
Morgan
Aug 27, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
added it
Apr 23, 2021
OldBird
May 04, 2021

• Troll Queen (Elven Alliance, #4)
  • Stolen Midsummer Bride (Stolen Brides Of The Fae #3)
  • Death Wind (Elven Alliance, #3)
  • The Grisha Trilogy (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Torn Curtains: A Regency Beauty and the Beast Retelling
  • Blind Date with a Supervillain (Supervillain Romance Project)
  • The Fairest Beauty (Hagenheim, #3)
  • The Supernaturalist
  • Set for Life: Dominate Life, Money, and the American Dream
  • The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1)
  • Elf Prince (Elven Alliance, #1.5)
  • Frost Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #4)
  • Watch Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #3)
  • The Isle of the Lost (Descendants, #1)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Vol. 10: War
  • Powerless
  • The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1)
  • The Deceivers (The Greystone Secrets, #2)
Morgan Elizabeth Huneke fell in love with sci-fi and fantasy at age seven when she first read A Wrinkle in Time and The Chronicles of Narnia. In the time since, she's spent an inordinate amount of time exploring new realms and bygone eras through countless books, movies, and TV shows. She also spends a great deal of time talking to her imaginary friends and writing down their stories in books such ...more

News & Interviews

There's something so special about each class of debut YA authors; after all, young adult fiction is all about the hopefulness of new...