Start by marking “Twist of the Thread (The Lancashire Cotton Saga Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Twist of the Thread (The Lancashire Cotton Saga Book 2)

Twist of the Thread (The Lancashire Cotton Saga Book 2)

Kindle Edition
Published October 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Twist of the Thread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twist of the Thread

Start your review of Twist of the Thread (The Lancashire Cotton Saga Book 2)
Lu
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Lancashire Cotton Saga continues: English maid Dolly, now married to drunkard Clement, fights all odds to rebuild a Louisiana plantation

Twist of the Thread by Christine Evans is book #2 in the beautiful Lancashire Cotton Saga, but can be read as a standalone.

Twist of the Thread is the continuation of Song of the Shuttle and tells the story of Honora in medical school, Arden fighting for the Union in America, and the unexpected marriage between Dolly, the maid, and Clement, the French-America
Annette
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2020
This is book two in this series and I think it’s as good if not better than the first one. The story and the characters were interesting and kept me quickly turning the pages. I’m hoping there’s another book in this series. I really enjoyed the book!
Thanks to Sapere for the copy
Brenda
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Set in both England and America just after the Civil War, the second book in the Lancashire Cotton Saga is a delight! The cotton industry was crucial to post-war recovery and the book is built upon this. There are many things to like, empathize with and relate to here from heartache to resilience to joy.

As in real life, none of the characters have it easy. The story follows several characters of different socioeconomic rank with much of the focus on married couple Jessie and Robert who own the I
Stephanie
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free review copy of this book from Sapere Books in exchange for my honest review. As always, I try to avoid spoilers and focus on what I liked and disliked.

Twist of the Thread is the second book in a series and I do recommend reading the first book before you pick up this one. The first book introduces you to the characters and provides some background to their lives. It helps the reader put the second book into perspective.

Twist of the Thread continues to focus on Jessie and Honora
Karren Hodgkins
Oct 06, 2020 rated it liked it
This historical novel had potential but I think I expected it to include more about the cotton industry in 1865, in Lancashire, England. It almost felt incidental to the stories of the three women: Jessie Overdale, Dolly Tate and Honora Darwen and I didn't come away with a sense that there has been transformation or economic recovery.

Of the three ladies, Dolly's story was the most interesting as she crossed the waters to America to start a new life in an environment very different to the one sh
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and it was just as good as the first book. The story continues in this book, but with the emphasis on Dolly and her life. The other characters all had a part in this book so that their stories continued along the same time line. We learn more about each character and the author does a lovely job of expanding their personalities as they age.

I love how the book takes place in England and America but with characters traveling to and fro, some returning to a ne
Ann-Marie
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having read and really enjoyed the first book in the saga, Song of the Shuttle, I was looking forward to reading this book and I wasn’t at all disappointed.

Following the end of the American Civil War, Gorbydale and its inhabitants are slowly beginning to recover as raw cotton becomes more available and the mills begin to work again. We learn more about events in the lives of Jessie and Honora, but it is Dolly Tate, the housemaid of the Overdales, who takes centre stage as her life takes a very u
Emma Watson
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book not read the first book but you pick up what happened in this book what happened in the last.

It continues with the story of Jessie & Honora but now it tells you what happens to Dolly. She is a servant at Jessie's in laws house but things change when she ends up going to America with Albert her son and also her husband Clement who she married before leaving England.

Dolly decides when she is on the plantation which belonged to Clement's brother Henri that she will plant
Denise
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Sapere Books for the ARC of this book.

I finished this book in one day! And finished it the day after I read the first book in the series. I grew to love these characters and root for them. I couldn't wait to see what happened. This book takes place in England and Louisiana right after the American Civil War. It intertwines the two places together very well and seamlessesly.

This is an interesting family story and I look forward to the third book!
Mrs P L Slade
carolyn
Oct 22, 2020
Ardyth McLaughlin
Oct 24, 2020

• Song of the Shuttle (The Lancashire Cotton Saga #1)
  • An Angel's Work: Heartbreaking and unputdownable World War 2 historical fiction
  • The Deptford Girls: A heart-breaking story of courage, friendship and betrayal. (Lily Baker Book 4)
  • The Amulet
  • The Berlin Girl
  • The Little Christmas Waif
  • The Last Correspondent
  • Where Every Man (Inspector James Given, #4)
  • Murder at the Gorge: Brand NEW in the bestselling Exham-on-Sea Murder Mysteries for 2020 (The Exham-on-Sea Murder Mysteries Book 7)
  • Dead or Alive: A heart-pounding assassination thriller with a shocking twist (Eliot Locke Thrillers Book 1)
  • A Lady Compromised (Rosalind Thorne, #4)
  • BENEATH US THE STARS
  • Dishonour and Obey
  • Secrets of the Railway Girls (Railway Girls 2)
  • Silent Song: A heartwarming hospital romance
  • Murder Comes to Call (Beryl & Edwina Mystery #4)
  • The Bookshop on the Shore (Scottish Bookshop, #2)
  • Absence of Alice (Sarah Winston Garage Sale #9)
Christine Evans has published six collections of poetry. Cometary Phases was Welsh Book of the Year in 1989 and her Selected Poems won the inaugural Roland Mathias Prize in 2005 with praise for her 'fresh eye and boldness of metaphor, a sense of living on the threshold of other worlds.'

She has also published prose in the form of landscape pieces and stories for children, and was commissioned to wr

News & Interviews