Start by marking “Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)

Take a Hint, Dani Brown

(The Brown Sisters #2)

Talia Hibbert returns with another charming romantic comedy about a young woman who agrees to fake date her friend after a video of him rescuing her from their office building goes viral...

Danika Brown knows what she wants: professional success, academic renown, and an occasional roll in the hay to relieve all that career-driven tension. But romance? Been there, done that,
Expected publication: June 23rd 2020 by Avon

Win a Copy of This Book

• Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert
    Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
    Release date: Jun 23, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win an early copy of USA Today Bestselling Author Talia Hibbert's TAKE A HINT, DANI BROWN!

*No PO Boxes please*

Dani Brown knows

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 3121 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Mar 19 - Apr 16, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Take a Hint, Dani Brown, please sign up.
    Jenifer You definitely don't have to read Get a Life, Chloe Brown before reading this one (although I loved Chloe's story, and highly recommend reading it for…moreYou definitely don't have to read Get a Life, Chloe Brown before reading this one (although I loved Chloe's story, and highly recommend reading it for its own sake!) There are a few scenes featuring characters introduced in the first book, but both books work fine as stand-alones. (less)

Start your review of Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
    chai ♡
    I'm a simple woman with simple taste. I see "fake-dating", I hit that mf "want-to-read" button.
    Nilufer Ozmekik
    Clicked the request button and gathered my witch powers!
    It is simple request: I WANT THIS. If I don't have it, I will start my hunger strike (okay, I'm lying, I started a disgusting cleansing program and I already hate my life right now but honestly my entire core craves this book !!!)
    preoccupiedbybooks
    Oh my gawd I got a flippin' ARC!!!! I needed this so much, and cant wait to read it!
    description
    Chloe Brown Review

Many thanks to Jessica Lyons @ HarperCollins and Edelweiss for my digital ARC, in exchange for an honest review!
    Tucker
    Nov 07, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
    everything about this synopsis gives me the life i need to survive high school

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | Reddit | LinkedIn | YouTube |
    Zoe Stewart (yerabooknerdzoe)
    I'm only halfway through Get a Life, Chloe Brown and this is already one of my most anticipated releases for the year. I need this in my life.
    destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
    #1 Get a Life, Chloe Brown ★★★★★
    #2 Take a Hint, Dani Brown ???

*screaming forever*

I AM SO EXCITED

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
    Hollis
    Oct 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    saw the cover on edelweiss+ and oh my heaaaaart. I love it. I want it. I need it.
    Sana
    Dec 12, 2019 marked it as anti-library  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arcs
    AHHH I GOT AN ARC, CAN'T WAIT TO READ BI DANI'S ADVENTURES

----------------------------

'He thought of Dani as the elegant one, with her shaved head and her floaty, black outfits.' - Get a Life, Chloe Brown

I mean, who wouldn't want to read Dani's book after that description. Also, she's bisexual and the love interest is British Pakistani 👀
    Liz
    Nov 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    TAKE MY MONEY!
    Chloe Liese
    Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
    If it was worth it, and you wanted to, you could make room for a relationship, too. What you get out of being loved, its supposed to be worth the compromise. When its good, it makes you want to compromise.

The second book in the Brown Sisters series, "Take a Hint, Dani Brown" (TAHDB) explores the deep vulnerability of love while portraying the pressures of academia, recovery from acute grief, and the odd yet significant role social media can play in our lives. This story delves into heavy topics:
    Saniya
    Yeah this took me the fuck out.
    Hillary Erin
    Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Ohh everyone is in for an AMAZING read coming up. If romance is your gig, then this book is for you.

I loved everything about this book. The smart, witty, witchy, Dani. The serious, romantic, protective Zaf who READS ROMANCE NOVELS. The fake relationship. The love. The whole story was just amazing. I am a sucker for romance so I was totally encapsulated in this story. I love how Talia always touches on really important topics - in Chloe Brown, she had a medical condition. In this book, Zaf has
    Jennifer Hendzlik
    Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: romance, diverse, queer
    Only for Talia Hibbert would I try to add a gif to my review for 5 minutes....

It's great. Really, really great.

Angelica
    Apr 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    this book has me at fake relationship ...more
    natalie
    CW: mention of death of family members in car accident, grief

I absolutely devoured this book. I couldnt stop reading. When I tell you Talia is one of my fave romance authors its no lie. Her books are always so poignant and humorous. Her characters to multifaceted and relatable.

I loved Zaf and Dani from the first page. Zaf is like this big grouchy teddy bear, seriously. Most people are intimidated by him but not Dani. She knows hes this sweet guy who she brings tea for and who gives her a
    The Bookend Diner
    Thank you Avon Books for gifting me a copy of Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert.

For those of you who have been following me a while on my reading journey, you may remember that I loved Talia Hibberts last book Get a Life, Chloe Brown. So, since finishing Chloe Browns story, I have been anxiously awaiting for Hibbert to release her book about the second Brown Sister, Dani. I started reading about Dani Brown as soon as the book arrived on my front porch and promptly devoured it in 48
    Felicia Grossman
    This book is fabulous. I adore both Dani and Zaf individually and together. It's a fake dating trope, where, after a mishap, everyone believes they are dating, and thanks to a little social media magic (despite Zaf's reluctance due to a bunch of significant concerns regarding his privacy AND his own mental health), they have a chance to use some publicity for the charity that Zaf started.

The chemistry between them is both lovely and hot. They have a wonderful "opposites attract" vibe with Zaf
    Stephanie
    Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc, march, 2020
    This book is everything. It is SO HOT and so emotionally pitch perfect and also funny and about loving your work and personal growth and friendship and family and you should read it immediately.
    Erin
    Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Fake relationship catnip. Dani is a driven PhD candidate with ever-changing hair colors and no time for a relationship. When her friend Zafir, the (hot) building security guard, rescues her from an elevator and the two of them go viral, he asks for her help. Hes trying to get his youth rugby charity off the ground, and the unexpected publicity of their relationship might be just the ticket. So the two friends agree to pretend to date for a month. As long as there are no feelings involved, its a ...more
    Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
    Expectations were high, high, high with this one, and Hibbert delivers another book perfect for fans of Get a Life, Chloe Brown or her Ravenswood books.

Dani's wonderful, sharp, sarcastic, flirty, and full of confidence on the surface with a buried vein of deep insecurity that makes her deeply terrified of commitment. It's no secret that I love a commitment-phobic heroine and a romantic hero, and this book sooooo deliveres, but more on Zaf in a moment. I really love how Hibbert shows the complex
    Mikaela (Booklover1974)
    The author's last book, Get a Life, Chloe Brown, was a hit with me and I've really looked forward to read this book about Chloe's little sister Danika.

Danika is a PhD student who loves her job and definitely don't want a relationship. She doesn't believe in them. Zafir is the security guard in Danika office building and one day saves her during a fire drill. He definitely wants a relationship with a woman, he wants to find his true love.

After Zaf saves Dani, the video of the saving goes viral
    ItsNasB
    Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I absolutely adored this book. I don't think my words will do it justice. Talia Hibbert did it again! This was the epitome of *chef's kiss*.

Zafir is a dream. Zafir and Dani together are just wonderful and real. And the sex-- yo! YO!
    I knew before 50% that I was in love with this book. They hadn't even done the deed yet. When they finally did-- WOW. Just wow.

I need to re-group and come back with more words, words that are better. Just know that I highly recommend this novel. If you get the
    Nicole
    Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Talia Hibbert is magic, and I will officially read everything with her name on it. I thought I adored GET A LIFE, CHLOE BROWN, but that was before I devoured TAKE A HINT, DANI BROWN. I loved this book even more than the first (and I really, really, loved the first one). As someone who has dealt with anxiety and panic attacks since high school, this resonated on so many personal levels.

Witchy, witty, brilliant, confident yet insecure Dani was imminently relatable to me. Her journey to self-love
    Jacqueline Francis
    YESSSSSS!!!!!

Oh my goodness! There are so many things that I love about this book. I absolutely adored Get a Life, Chloe Brown. Reading this one, I was so nervous. That's some pretty big shoes to fill, right? Luckily, Talia did not disappoint.

Not only was TAHCB extremely cute, adorable, and funny, but it was also SEXY. Zafir is one of the hottest heroes that I have ever read and I am so in love with him. He's a freaking big bulky fit security guard and what does he do in his spare time? Reads
    Mia
    Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    "𝐙𝐚𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐚𝐤𝐚 #𝐃𝐫𝐑𝐮𝐠𝐛𝐞𝐚, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐚𝐥𝐬."

Take a Hint, Dani Brown it's the perfect blend of sweet and steamy!!!
    I loved Dani. She was straight forward, blunt at times, fascinating, and adorable and the way she melted into Zaf was just the BEST.Now Zafir, he reads and defends romance books plus the way he treated Dani, he was just so swoony.
    Amazing family dynamics and friendship dynamics with fake- dating, this book is a definite recommendation.

**𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶
    Amanda
    Eeeeee!!!! I love this book! I love the witchy, bisexual, plantmama heroine! I love the romantic, buff, quiet-type hero! I love it. Pre-order this book!
    Janani(ஜனனி)
    gimme all the fake dating
    Gretchen Alice
    Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Hibbert does a really good job with turning traditional romance tropes upside in extremely smart ways. I was very much here for this.
    Karena
    Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
    4.5. I took off half a star because there's a line where the hero can "feel" the raised lines of the heroine's tattoo and...that's not how tattoos work and it bothered me the rest of the time. I'm sorry. Otherwise this book is AMAZING.
    Alli
    Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: z-adult
    It's cute! I still don't love the language of the sexy times but the story was fluffy with just a smidge of angst and that's what I'm looking for in a RomCom.

Review copy received from the publisher via Edelweiss+. Review to come.
    « previous 1 3 next »

• Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
    • Beach Read
    • Real Men Knit
    • Not That Kind of Guy
    • Boyfriend Material
    • The Happy Ever After Playlist
    • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
    • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
    • Such a Fun Age
    • Something to Talk About
    • The Boyfriend Project
    • You Deserve Each Other
    • A Delicate Deception (Regency Imposters, #3)
    • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
    • The Marriage Game
    • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
    • One to Watch
    • The Worst Best Man
    Talia Hibbert is a USA Today bestselliing author who lives in a bedroom full of books. Supposedly, there is a world beyond that room, but she has yet to drum up enough interest to investigate.

She writes sexy, diverse romance because she believes that people of marginalised identities need honest and positive representation. Her interests include beauty, junk food, and unnecessary sarcasm. She also

The Brown Sisters (2 books)
    • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)