Start by marking “Underneath the Sycamore Tree” as Want to Read:
Underneath the Sycamore Tree

Underneath the Sycamore Tree

It happened in stages.⁣

My father left.⁣

My twin sister died of an incurable autoimmune disease.⁣

My mother started breaking down.⁣

Then I was diagnosed with the very thing that took my other half from me.⁣

That was when I realized Mama’s eyes turned gold when she cried.⁣

So I moved in with my father and his new family—new wife, new son, new stepbrother.⁣

Kaiden Mon
Published November 1st 2019 (first published September 30th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Underneath the Sycamore Tree, please sign up.
B. Celeste There are some explicit scenes in this, so I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "clean" but it depends on how you define it! Hope that helps. 🧡…moreThere are some explicit scenes in this, so I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "clean" but it depends on how you define it! Hope that helps. 🧡(less)

Start your review of Underneath the Sycamore Tree
Drey
2nd Time Read!

Don't judge me, i'm in my emotional point right now. Making myself cry is my enjoyment.

My god! I've read a good amount of Nicholas Sparks books but this one by B. Celeste really made me cry, shitty hard! Seriously, I'm totally ruined by this book. This is not just a typical romance, this is more! Underneath the Sycamore Tree was a heart destroyer novel. The heroine, fuck, have you ever felt like you wanted to comfort someone so fucking bad? That was what I'm feeling. Eh, I woul
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
UNDERNEATH-THE-SYCAMORE-TREE

'UNDERNEATH THE SYCAMORE TREE' Is a full length, New Adult novel by B. Celeste. This is Emery and Kaiden's story. It's not an easy story to read, but it's a story that has to be read. Spoken in Emery's POV mostly but we do get Kaiden's POV at the end.

This book right here was totally unexpected, the ‘Prologue’ had me even at that early stage craving more, I wanted to stay in that moment, I wanted to read ‘the before’ the end of Lo.
I wanted those emotional feels to grab me by the throat,
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191031_170820.png

B celeste gave us heartbreak in this story. She gave us strength, purpose, clarity and a deep understanding of the term love. Never one to sugar coat anything, this author gave us a reality that we felt with her simple but powerful words and the characters that were portrayed, did the story justice.

"I find that the books with the saddest endings are the best because it makes us feel. We don't always get a happily ever after no matter how hard we work for it."

Usually I would give a little bit
Elle's Book Blog
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Release Date: November 1, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Emotional Romance | New Adult | Coming of Age | Ugly Cry

Here we have another UGLY CRY romance that will not only break your heart but it will touch it too. B. Celeste has written quite the story here and while the premise overall is a sad one, it's also one that needs to be told. We cannot always have perfect heroines who life easy lives as it's not realistic in the real world. It's nice to see that people with illnesses and even
maria :)
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
fuck off and don’t talk to me
flavia
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was ok

First of all, I know this was a book loved by mostly everyone, so ignore me if you don’t agree with me, I just want to write some of my thoughts since there aren’t really contrasting reviews in order to help future readers get opinions on this book.

I want to start by saying that I knew I would not like this book as much as everyone else because I knew it had the stepbrother trope (if that’s a trope), and I really can’t stand that trope. I know people don’t consider Emery and Kaiden siblings be
niteskycs
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

i don’t want to talk about it 😭
jenna
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phuong ✯
if you want a good book with death trope then you should try this one.
The truth is, you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

now why would someone subject themselves to this? good question, i haven't found an answer yet. maybe only that the chances that this book will make me something is HIGH and i love books that makes me emotional.

i really liked the characters. Emery and Kaiden were easy to love. of course i got attached even though i told myself
sunny
Sep 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-couples
i don’t wanna talk about it 😭😭😭
Jessica Roessler
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Man. Author B.Celeste is 100% made for the writing world.
She has woven together one of the most unique, inspiring, and real world look's into the world of invisible illness. &Let me tell you, she doesn't spare a detail. I finished this book with so many emotions. It was just overwhelming in such a bitter sweet way. But, I honestly think that sweet is the description that stands out the most to me.

Emery, our main female character, has been living with an invisible illness for a rather long tim
Catherine Russell
Book: Underneath the Sycamore Tree
Author: B. Celeste
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Emery
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Rating: All the Stars!

I don't know what to write. Maybe when I stop crying...

"Pain comes in countless forms. The worst is seeing what your suffering does to everyone around you."

“It won’t matter anyway, because Kaiden is… Kaiden. My Kaiden. The very person I
ashlee l.
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 golden as the sun stars to B. Celeste on her upcoming release UTST⭐️

This is one of those stories that make you appreciate every little thing you have. It humbles you, makes you grateful for the things that are in your reach. Em and Kaiden’s story had so much purpose. You see the good, bad, and ugly between them.. yet you witness the seed, growth, and bloom between the two. It had me in awe. The book itself was so very well written and it’s consuming content has you mesmerized. Sad hearts, tea
Micalea Smeltzer
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unforgettable and phenomenal story that deals with the harsh truth and reality of invisible diseases. B. Celeste's writing is impeccable and Underneath the Sycamore Tree is the kind of book that stands the test of time. ...more
sam
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i will not be taking questions at this time but you can expect a huge ass review for this book soon. right after my hands stop shaking 😁
Lolina
Don't talk to me right now, I'm not in the mood.

I'm honestly speechless. I don't know how to explain it- it just hurts. This was such a hauntingly beautiful story. It was so raw and pure- and so fucking painful. This book handles so, so many important issues and some sensitive topics. It's a story that needs to be heard. It was written in such a way that hooks you straight from the beginning. The depth, the detail, the characters- it was just perfect. And the heroine. My god, she was so strong-
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“𝐖𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭.”

This book. My god , this book...my heart is in shattered pieces on the floor right now. This story is heartbreaking, it’s beautiful, and it’s raw and full of deep emotion that will grip your heart and not let go. I cried a lot during this book, and I don’t mean a light tear here and there...I mean hard sobs that were hard to control.

Every emotion, every pain, just every single thing in this book, I felt through the tale
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
“Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It just means that it can no longer control our lives."

Days. It’s been days since I’ve finished Underneath the Sycamore Tree and I still find myself tearing up whenever I think about it. In fact, I’m tearing up AGAIN while I try to write this review.

This is a book that will wreck you to the core. It gives you a glimpse into the life of someone that lives with an invisible disease. It’ll make you think and feel. You’ll feel every painful, heart
kira
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, new-adult
I cried for 5 mins straight over this book and I will never ever get over this book probably my favorite all year IM STILL THINKING ABOUT IT 😭😭😭😭
Michelle
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disease is the monster in the dark. It lingers, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. It veers its ugly head and takes what it wants, when it wants.

This book was sad! I was constantly fighting the tears! Emery had to watch her twin sister die of Lupus. It took a toll on her family. Her mother never really got over her death. So when Em became sick with the same disease she totally checked out. The dad left before his daughter was even put in the ground.
Em had to deal with so much at a you
C.L. Matthews
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There aren't words to articulate my thoughts right now.
I'm numb.

Goodnight.

EDIT:

It's taken me a hot minute to gather my words and thoughts for this book.

Now that I have them, it feels almost final.

UTST is unique, tragic, and captivating in its torment. It fills us all with angst, turmoil, and heartache page by page.

B. Celeste did an extraordinary job with Em and Kaid's story. She laid it all out fileting these two and their love.

You watch in both happiness and sadness as these two fall in love
Emily
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
still crying!
Jacq
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Currently sitting on my bathroom floor crying my eyes out. I can’t even see what I’m typing but I need to write it out. I’m feeling completely broken and shattered. The raw reality that this book demonstrated is what hurts the most. There are people out there who are living with incurable chronic illnesses and they are fighting to live. Emery will forever be ingrained in my heart. Her strength and bravery is unmatched. Oh god, Kaiden. That is a true friend. A soulmate. They were meant to find ea ...more
gigi
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i'm numb ...more
Devon Ann
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Currently I’m still crying as I write this so if I stop making sense then oh well
So this book, I’d heard about it for months and just couldn’t bring myself to read it because of how sad people felt after reading it. But after reading the Truth About duo along with B’s newest book I finally tackled this one and yes it did deliver on the tears
Emery is one of those characters that I loved the moment she was introduced, I just wanted her to be happy and her strength just made me love her more. Heari
lives238
FUCKING PERFECT!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
I just finished it and I am a crying mess rn.
This book was so so so good!!!
Kaiden and Emery were so so sweet!!!!
I am just speechless on what to write.
This book taught me so many things. Gave me songs I will forever cherish. I guess that's it???
Maybe when I am ina right mind, when I am stable enough I'll ofc write it a proper review once again
Underneath the Sycamore Tree was such a good read! I still can't believe I took this long to finally start it.😭🥺❤✨
El
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was going fine & dandy until I read that his breath smelled like marinara and lemon water while they were kissing

Felt like I was reading a book of cheesy and over written life lessons through a stale and poorly narrated story. No character development or depth whatsoever with any character. It was just a sob story with characters who also had problems of there own that were never actually resolved.
Bianca
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
fatin
sunny
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020-reads
i would like this book much better if kaiden and emery stay as brother and sister and never have sex.

• Sweet Dandelion
  • Stay with Me (Stay with Me, #1)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • Iron Crowne
  • Now Open Your Eyes (Stay with Me, #3)
  • Defiance Falls
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
  • Can You Hear It (Alpen Springs #1)
  • The Lineup
  • Defiance Falls War (Defiance Falls, #3)
  • The Rebel Queen (The Rebel Queen Duet, #2)
  • Best of Me
  • When Rivals Lose (Bayshore Rivals #2)
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • The Golden Hour
  • Too Good at Goodbyes
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
B. Celeste’s obsession with all things forbidden and taboo enabled her to pave a path into a new world of raw, real, emotional romance.

Her debut novel is The Truth about Heartbreak.