Start by marking “Announcing Trouble” as Want to Read:

Announcing Trouble

I may know everything there is to know about baseball, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Or like him. Garrett Reeves: sidelined player and the embodiment of everything I’ve learned to hate about baseball. He’s gorgeous, he’s cocky, he’s laser-focused on getting back in the game, no matter the cost.

When he convinces me to call games alongside him, our chemistry heats
Published August 5th 2019 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Crush)

To ask other readers questions about Announcing Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Announcing Trouble

Start your review of Announcing Trouble
Susan's Reviews
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Update: I'm rereading this one because it was such a fun read. It is currently on sale for 99 cents on Amazon so now is your chance to grab a spectacular read for a great sale price! I loved Josie Walter's sarcastic wit and Garrett's ability to keep up with her. I often felt like I was watching a smart comedy routine when these two started sparring. Don't miss this fabulous read!

A spectacular, fun, engrossing read about choices, about taking chances and the consequences of following your dreams:
Danielle's
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and will definitely read more of this author. The writing style is catchy.

Baseball and Josie are a no go. They do not mix. Her best friend has developed a new crush. The no baseball rule is about to take a curve ball. Josies’s dad left them for the love of the sport. That leaves Joise with two things, an outstanding knowledge of baseball and a chip on her shoulder.

Garret is an injured player. He’s using his recovery time to commentate the game. His co-presenter is not
Liza Wiemer
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Amy Fellner Dominy had me turning the pages with this beautifully written YA romance. I don't know much about baseball, but this had me standing and cheering these characters on.

WE NEED GOOD GUYS LIKE THIS!!

Definitely a winner! If you're looking for a fabulous romance, I highly recommend you get your hands on this book. :)
Taylor
Thank you so much to Entangled Publishing, LLC (Crush), Chapter by Chapter Blog Tours, and the author for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

"For most of my life, I loved baseball as much as I loved my dad. Now, I hate it as much as I hate my dad."

Joe "Josie" Walters (clearly) hasn't had an easy childhood. Forced to relocate every few years while her father chased his dream of playing professional ball, Josie was used to changing things up and spending lots of time
Samantha (WLABB)
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

There was a famous baseball player from back in the day, who I need to steal a line from, because lately, baseball's been very, very good to me. I have recently read a quite a few fantastic baseball books, and I am adding Announcing Trouble to that list.

No lie, I was laughing and wearing a stupid grin for almost the entirety of this book, the other parts, I was wiping a few tears from my eyes. It was a really great emotional experience for me, and I attribute that largely to the
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)

Rating: 4.5 stars

For a cold day in hell, it's unseasonably warm.

Announcing Trouble hooked me in from the very first sentence. That doesn't happen often. Something about it just clicked with me, maybe because I've been feeling like the world as a whole (and my own world) has taken a bizarre turn, but it's still summer. (But who are we kidding, this bizarre turn started back in 2016.) And it kept me on the line, both with witty banter and some solid girl power.

In Announcing Trouble, we have Josie
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, ebooks, arc-beta
Original review

This book was provided by the publisher through Chapter by Chapter in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Entangled: Crush and Chapter by Chapter!

Announcing Trouble
is a Young Adult Contemporary Romance about Josie and Garrett. Josie has sworn off anything that has to do with baseball until Garrett… He changes everything for her.

Announcing Trouble is the first book I’ve read by Amy Fellner Dominy and I loved it! I love reading books about sports with a funny main character an
Annika
description

“You…you met him?”
“This morning. He was here as I was setting up. I knew it had to be him even before he introduced himself. All that nice hair and boyish charm. He has a finger gun. Did you know that?”
I laugh in spite of myself. “It’s awful.”

This was great. Funny, charming, sweet and meaningful.
Two amazing, mature leads with heaps of chemistry between them, lots of hilarious banter and a touching love story to boot. A bunch of loveable side kicks that actually add something to the plot oth
TSN ☮
This has everything I like about YA, and I'm so happy I read it.

It has a sports oriented plot, yes, but with a refreshingly and unique angle. Josie seriously hates baseball, and Garrett is an injured baseball player, who might never play again. So instead of focusing on playing the game, it's about them collaborating on broadcasting games.

It was fun, adorable and contained some amazing banter between Garrett and Josie. Garrett's charm is of the chart while he tries to gain her trust.

☛ I requeste
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher via NetGalley. This in no way impacted on my view.

I've never really been someone who enjoys baseball - it's not really a thing that's played over here - but even so, when I first saw this book online, I was immediately intrigued and dove right in as soon as my request had been approved. Josie has always loved baseball, and knows the sport like the back of her hand. However, when her deadbeat dad left them to and regain some of his old glory as
Sascha
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

4 1/2 stars

Announcing Trouble by Amy Fellner Dominy was so much fun to read. As a lifelong baseball and romantic comedy fan, this book hit all of the right notes.

Josie goes to her high school’s baseball game to provide moral support for her best friend who has a crush on one of the players. She hears all of the errors made by the color commentary and steps in, thus providing a very lively meet-cute between Josie and Garrett, an injured ballplayer who’s announcing the games while hoping to make a
Krysti
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute, and fun, and everything I was hoping it would be. Perfect summer read!
Elaine
This is a delightful teen romance involving baseball, baseball players - and a young lady determined not to have anything to do with baseball players after her baseball playing father left to follow his baseball playing dreams, abandoning her and her mother. Oh, did I say it has a lot to do with baseball?

Josie Walters had shadowed her father and loved everything to do with baseball until he chose to follow the game rather than her. Now she's determined to keep herself safe and never have anythin
Garden Of REden
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**OFF THE CHARTS**
**CASSIE'S REVIEW

Announcing Trouble came out of left field for me and I am so glad it did. I chose to sign up on a whim seeing it was a YA romance with baseball elements and I was intrigued from the first scene. Rather than focus on characters who actually play, we get almost all of the baseball action through the commentating booth. I haven’t come across a sports romance that dealt with the sportscaster type and that made this book new and exciting.

Josie would be the more scor
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
This book was literally every single thing that I love about YA romance.

It. Was. Adorable.
And sweet.
And heartfelt.
And emotional in a way that I wasn’t really expecting, but that deeply resonated with me.

I was won over immediately by the banter. These are smart, funny, wholly relatable characters. I loved the chemistry between Josie and Garrett. I loved the way they connected and the authentically playful way they flirted, teased, and inevitably fell for each other. I loved how, even when I wante
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Josie hates baseball because her father left her for the sport. Now she’s accidentally back in baseball calling games with Garrett an injured player. Josie’s life plans do not include falling for an athlete.

ANNOUNCING TROUBLE is a cute, yet predictable story. Girl hates boy. Girl loves boy. I always enjoy Amy Fellner Dominy books but ANNOUNCING TROUBLE distracted me with anger for Josie. Her mother was horrible reinforcing the abandonment she felt to further create distrust in her daughter. Rath
Kelly Hager
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! That's no surprise; I love everything Amy Fellner Dominy has written. But it also IS a surprise, because it's (a) centered around sports and (b) is essentially a rom-com, which is not something I really associate with her.

It does have the things I do associate with her, though: a great story with characters it's impossible not to love and writing that is second to none.

Best of all, it's a sports book the way that Bull Durham is a sports movie: it's a major part of the plot, b
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Announcing Trouble is my first book by Amy Fellner Dominy and I really liked it, both the story and the writing. Can't wait to read more by this author.
Kate McMurry
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baseball
Fabulous YA romance

Abandoned at age 13 by her professional baseball player father, whom she adored, Josie has spent the last five years avoiding anything in her life that smacks of emotional risk. She doesn't have dreams, she has practical plans. Dreams are what her father had in his passionate pursuit of playing professional baseball at any cost. In their family, that cost has been the destruction of Josie's and her mother's lives. Her father taught Josie to love baseball, and then he proved th
Lianna
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't bad. But I will say it started getting repetitive. The things her mom was putting in her head, was terrible. They need therapy. You are passing that thinking onto your daughter and making her feel as if it's a problem to take risks. It was really frustrating. And I understood her reasoning, but it started to become irritating. It was as if the main character didn't have any dreams or goals. I would have loved to see more of her dreams and goals and wish they talked more of her p ...more
Mrs. Bookworm
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Uhhhhh....

This book went from laugh out loud to gut wrenching, heartbreaking fast😭

It's a good one. A really good one. Though there are times I want to smack Josie real hard. What she put Garrett through was kind-of unfair.

I was having a hard time wrapping my head around her issues.

Also, I wanna smack her mother too because she really was not helping the problem🙄

All in all, this book is not so cliche and though Garrett did some chasing at least Josie did some of her own too.
Meg
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a super sweet and adorable YA romcom novel. I definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys YA romantic/comedy books, baseball, and contemporary YA books.

Things I enjoyed:
- Josie is a very relatable character.
- I like that this deals with real teen issues such as struggling to find out what your passions are and what you are going to do with the rest of your life.
- I love baseball, so I loved all the baseball parts.
- Garrett really grew on me as a character, and he is so wholesome.
Krystianna
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Announcing Trouble, I can honestly say that I have yet to dislike a book from Entangled Teen's Crush imprint! Announcing Trouble was such a great summer read for many reasons.

what i liked:

The amount of baseball in this book. As an athlete from a young age, I love seeing sports represented in YA. I also loved the whole backstory
Lindy
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

Announcing Trouble was a fast-paced, cute, and sweet story layered with humor, depth and emotion. It was a story that made me smile, laugh, swoon, and tear up. It made my heart hurt for the female lead Josie, and made me adore the male lead, Garrett.

Josie use to love Baseball. It was the way she bonded with her father, and a passion that they both shared. However, he ended up abandoning her and her mother, so that he could chase his dream without strings attached. Since that fateful
Dee
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
Books that have to do with sports are kind of my jam, so it was fun diving back into the young adult world with this contemporary romance from Amy Fellner Dominy. Also, it's the perfect time of year to read a book about baseball! Even though, I'm sorry this sport is so boring to me still! Sorry, I'm not sorry.

I was immediately hooked with this novel because I just loved the banter between Josie and Garrett. It made my little
diana
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is originally posted on My Bookish Escapades.

It's official. I've just found the cutest, sweetest and most adorable book I'll most assuredly read over and over again.

I've read tons of YA contemporaries so finding one that really stands out is rare. But holy shit, this book was EVERYTHING. I have never loved anything as much as I love this.

Josie and Garrett stole my heart from the very start. The banter, the chemistry, the humor- it was everything I needed. I mean, yes sure, I unders
Sharon
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a light and easy read; it was sweet and had me hooked from the very first page.

Josie and Garrett were written beautifully! Josie has no interest in baseball at all after her father left her for the game, Injured Garrett lives for baseball and dreams of pursuing it as a career; when an opportunity arises for Josie to call games alongside Garrett she is hesitant but she soon finds herself enjoying it and also spending time with him.

Josie was quick-witted, stubborn, determined and a h
Thamy
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley2019
This was cute, this was nice, this was funny.

3.5, rounded up.

Josie has had to deal with the loss of her greatest love, her father. He abandoned her to go after his dream and play baseball in Japan, and now she hates both him and the game. She's managed to keep distance until one day she barges into a transmission, because it was going that terrible. Since then, Garrett started bothering her for the two to pair up and win a chance to call a majors game, where her father never stepped foot.

Even th
Anne (The Reading Life)
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy for an honest review.

I liked this book! When I first requested and received this book (thanks Entangle teen), I was really just looking for a standard YA contemporary book where I can "read and chill" and gush over overly cliché YA contemporary storylines. Hence why I enjoyed it.

The romance is cute, which largely is thanks to the realistic portrayal of the cast that makes it so no character is annoying enough to make me want to kill my Kindle. The contemporary story mana
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High, #1)
  • I Hate You, Fuller James
  • Something New
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • The Game Can't Love You Back
  • Stuck with You (The First Kiss Hypothesis, #3)
  • What Are Friends For?
  • Out of My League
  • All Laced Up (All Laced Up, #1)
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • Playing The Field (The Trouble with Tomboys #3)
  • Out of Left Field
  • Playing to Win (The Trouble with Tomboys #2)
  • Melt My Heart
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys, #1)
  • Dare You to Kiss the Quarterback (Rock Valley High #1)
  • Eyes on Me
  • Center Ice (Corrigan Falls Raiders, #1)
Hi! I'm the author of novels for teens and tweens as well as picture books for toddlers. I love writing stories that will make you laugh, sigh, swoon...and if I break your heart I promise to patch it up by the end. :) New in YA Romance, the follow-up to Announcing Trouble: HOW TO QUIT YOUR CRUSH. May the worst date win!

I live and sweat in Phoenix, Arizona with my hubby and a puppy who is trainin