Start by marking “The Celestial Assignment” as Want to Read:
The Celestial Assignment

The Celestial Assignment

After a sudden death, Will, a misguided angel, is tasked with protecting a baby girl. Watching over her as she grows up and navigates the world appears a harsh punishment for his past failings. Can he redeem himself, or will he fall further from grace?
Kindle Edition
Published February 14th 2020 by Gorgon Blood Press

To ask other readers questions about The Celestial Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Celestial Assignment

Start your review of The Celestial Assignment
Whispering Stories
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed on www.whisperingstories.com

The Celestial Assignment is a novella of just 28 pages by the queen of short stories author Theresa Braun. We first meet bad boy Will, who has become a guardian angel as he is given an assignment to watch over newly born Celeste.

Will doesn’t quite understand why he has been given the role seen as he isn’t religious, nor ever stepped foot in a church but the powers that be have chosen him and he has no way of getting out of it.

Will watches and protects
Candace Robinson
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short story!! And Will, my my... He was awesome! I loved being in his head and reading his witty and funny attitude! Braun’s writing is always so well done with the best freaking dialogue you could ask for! It was a fun plot and cool concept! Can’t wait to read more short stories from the author!
Dianne
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Some authors just excel in the short story department! THE CELESTIAL ASSIGNMENT by Theresa Braun puts her right at the top of the reading pile in my book.

A misguided angel? A chance at redemption or proof he isn’t quite the angelic type? Hang on for a complete tale, filled with humor, wit and attitude as Will takes to his task with less than an angelic countenance. Will he learn something along the way?

A great read, a quick, and yet, satisfying escape from an author whose love of her craft
megs_bookrack
Oh, look at this!
A fallen angel story from Theresa Braun just in time for Valentine's Day...

Yes, please!
Sherry Fundin
The Celestial Assignment by Theresa Braun is a very quick read at 28 pages. It’s hard to review a short story without giving anything away, but, here we go.

Will is assigned to baby girl, Celeste, for his angel training. He is not exactly the angel you may want watching over your child, but, hey, God is a forgiving god, right? Giving us opportunities to redeem ourselves?

I love characters like Will. He had no idea what the future had in store for him and I loved watching him learn, grow, and…

I
Steve Stred
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you’re not reading Theresa Braun, it’s time to change that. In The Celestial Assignment, you’ll find a fully fleshed out world. In just 7500 words, it still feels palpable and the characters within are ones you’ll care about and want to know what happens.

What happens when we die? Braun tackles this complex idea with abandon and creates a figure that we both loathe and grow to love. This short – but spectacular – read made me stop and think about my legacy and just who might be looking over
Didi Oviatt
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Theresa Braun’s short stories are always a treat! She’s really got a knack for character development, and plot mastery in a very limited time and space. I’ve never read stories this little that are so very well fleshed out, and that says a lot coming from an author who also writes short stories. I feel like I have a lot to learn from this woman!

Will is assigned the job of a guardian angel to a little girl on earth. He clearly isn’t too happy about it, especially as the girl is a baby and growing
Gerardo Delgadillo
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THE CELESTIAL ASSIGNMENT is a story about Will, a dead-man just turned angel, who becomes a little girl's guardian angel. Years and years pass and Will witnesses how the little girl turns into a woman. A woman who isn't the best when it comes to choosing who to fall for. Which irritates Will to no end, but he is her guardian angel and can only hope she'll choose the right person. Loved the whole story!

Funny, witty, and endearing, THE CELESTIAL ASSIGNMENT is a well-written, excellent short story.
Alexa Whitewolf
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short story! I read it in one sitting, completely taken by Will and his sarcasm. Gotta love a bad angel! His journey was sweet, but what was even more intoxicating were the little nuggets of wisdom thrown from beginning to end. Ms Braun calls it like it is, from bad romance to shitty life choices, and it was a pleasure to read something so refreshing!
S.J. Budd
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Theresa is a really interesting writer with great range, she is able to write really scary spooky stories such as her debut novel, Fountain Dead (Unnerving) as well as tender touching stories as The Celestial Assignment.

Will, is our very unlikely hero. At the beginning of the story I couldn't stand him but grew to really like him over the course of the story. Theresa does a great job of really bringing him to life with such great humour!

This is a really cool take on guardian angels and where
Nicki Markus
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Celestial Assignment was a thoughtful, quick read. I enjoyed Will's narrative voice; right from the start we got a good sense of him as a character. I also had fun following his journey of self-discovery as he grappled with his new assignment. There were plenty of words of wisdom along the way, and overall I thought this was a well-written little fantasy tale. I do think the cover for this book is problematic though. When the author approached me to review and I saw this cover, my first ...more
Sheilah
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I jumped into this short story not knowing anything about it, since I never read the summary. I loved it! It focuses on self-reflection and learning from mistakes. I appreciated that the character evolved and I felt the ending was tight and appropriate. The content went a bit fast at times, but it is a short story, so it is what it is.

I have been a bit burnt out on angel stories, but this rendition kept my interest and was one of the more enjoyable angelic twisty tales that I have read in a long
Theresa Derwin
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heavenly Fun

This is a difficult one, as it’s quite short, to give the plot without giving spoilers.
So, the cocky, sexy narrator finds himself lumped with a “guardian angel” gig, and he’s not too great at it to start with.
However, as his first assignment progresses, he finds himself changing, growing.
The time of voice is funny, snarky, wise and at times, kind of dumb.
But pretty much likeable.
He doesn’t seem to realise how much he’s changing, but as we watch him, we’re along for the ride and
S.E. Casey
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced fallen angel story for our current post-internet, post-facebook, post-twitter world. Both witty and poignant, The Celestial Assignment asks many questions about the meaning of life and the value of empathy in an always entertaining way. As with any great story, gives you something to ponder long after you read the last word!
Kimberly Godwin
Feb 16, 2020

• Love on Main
  • A Layer Hidden
  • Forest Underground
  • The Unbeliever & The Intruder (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 39)
  • The Garden of Bewitchment
  • Here There Are Monsters
  • Moonlight, Gunshot, Mallet, Flame (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 49)
  • The Bottom Line (Love and Friendship, #1)
  • The Prisoners of Stewartville
  • The Birthday Girl & Other Stories (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 46)
  • The One That Knows No Fear
  • Tooth & Claw
  • Tales from the Storm Vol. 1: A Collection of Horror Stories
  • LUCIFER'S MANSION:  A Hellsworld Hotel Prequel
  • Night Service
  • Madam President
  • Breeder (Breeder, #1)
  • Severin
Hmmm. What's this? Looks like Ms. Braun left her computer on and her Goodreads bio open.

This should be fun.

What can we say about Theresa? I mean other than the fact that she's weirdly obsessed with smiley faces :-). Like, seriously obsessed >:-*. It's kinda scary :-O.

I think she thinks she's from Renaissance England or Venice or something. I never could figure out which one it was. (She's