Start by marking “Distant Memory” as Want to Read:
Distant Memory

Distant Memory

From USA TODAY bestselling author, Maureen A. Miller comes this romantic thriller.

Whose life does Hollie Musgrave recall? Is it even her own?

Dreams of a house Hollie has never been to plague her. They haunted her since childhood when her mother used to joke about reincarnation. Now, as an adult, the dreams have returned. Desperate for relief she seeks out a hypnotist to pr
Published November 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Distant Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distant Memory

Start your review of Distant Memory
Linda Strong
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

Hollie dreams of a house... a farmhouse in Pennsylvania. But she's never visited that state ... has she? She's had the dream since she was a young child. It finally stopped after a couple of years .. but now its recurring every night. Needless to say, her sleep is suffering.

Her friends talk her into seeing a hypnotist to see if that will stimulate her memories that she can't recall on her own. After one session, she gets a clue ... the number 1649. It takes a lot of research but she's n
Anita
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) provided by the Author via NetGalley in exchange for an fair and honest review.

Wonderful mystery-suspense plot and a sweet, budding romance between two strangers who are thrown together to try and solve the mystery and end up with a whole lot more than they bargained for. I enjoyed the twists and turns in this mystery and just wished for more in the romance department.

Hollie Musgrave had mysterious dreams of a rural farmhouse as a child. Her parents told her she had ne
JoAn
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Ms. Miller has written a complex mystery that kept me turning the pages until the end. I enjoy Ms. Miller's romantic suspense books as the stories flow, the twists keep me guessing and the characters are fully developed so that I feel like I have grown to know them as the story flows to the conclusion.
Cindy
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Distant Memory is a fast paced romantic mystery that morphs into a suspense at the end. Very enjoyable read with two very likable main characters and great bunch of mature supporting secondary characters that bring some humor to the story.
Lisa Robbins
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Who would've thought that a dream could lead to all of this? I really liked the progression of the plot, and the way hunting down the origins of a dream led Hollie on such a crazy ride. I thought the characters were interesting, and I loved the old ladies Hollie was friends with. There were some twists and turns along the way to keep things interesting. At times I found the developing romance a little tedious, but I know it was important to the plot. Overall, I enjoyed it and will definitely try ...more
Shari Lin
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you BookSirens for an ARC copy. I’m leaving this honest review voluntarily.

Distant Memory was a fast easy read. Well developed characters and mystery. This was an enjoyable read. Not my typical style of book but what a great break.

I debated between 4 or 5 stars and settled on five. If you enjoy clean romance and mystery. This is a great book for you. Definitely something you can take on the beach and finish quickly.
Joanie M
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed
Distant Memory is a compelling book that had me hooked from the first page. The suspense gripped me immediately and kept me turning pages late into the night. The characters were well developed and realistically imperfect. They were very entertaining and believable. Their interactions seemed genuine and I found them to be entertaining, especially those involving Hollie's friends. As the plot progressed, it hinted at romance, adding another element to the story. There were also elements of danger ...more
Elaine Coghlan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Distant Memory by Maureen A. Miller.
A new author to me whom I found via Booksirens.
Distant Memory is a suspense romance and I was hooked from the very first page. This is beautifully written and has captivating characters that are exceptional and worked really well together. It has a powerful plot, thats full of intrigue and suspense that has the reader feeling for the characters. I highly recommend this book. 5*
Mary
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hollie Musgrave hadn’t had the dream since she was a little girl, but now it was back, disturbing her sleep and causing her to wonder about the house with the huge arched doors. Her mother had tried to pass off her childhood dreams as reincarnation, that maybe Hollie had lived there in a past life, so one of Hollie’s friends suggested hypnosis as a way of learning more. Hollie was able to see an address while under hypnosis, set about doing an internet search for the possibilities, and found a h ...more
Anne G. Kasaba
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book had it all! A bit of action, some great suspense, a mystery to unravel, and a sweet romance all woven together with interesting characters and semi-snarky dialog.

Holli has had a recurring dream at various times in her life. It’s always the same and always leaves her sleepless. When she’s awake she doesn’t know where the house in her dream is but she’s determined to track it down hoping the dream will then let her go.
AYA Alminiana
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first time I read a book by Maureen A. Miller, and I must say, it did not disappoint me AT ALL!

A fast-paced read, the story gripped me from the first page to the last, and I am definitely adding this author to my must-follow list. Well done!

I received an advanced review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Tricia Holland
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hollie has a recurring dream of a house she can't remember ever going to. After locating it, she and Todd have an awkward meeting. He's intrigued by her story, and by her. There is a great deal of unfulfilled sexual tension as they work together to figure out what the house has to do with her.

Marion
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Maureen Miller and it definitely will not be the last. I was hooked the minute I started reading it and could not put it down. It has everything mystery, intrigue, romance, friendship, and lots of twists and turns. Worth reading.
Jenny
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well written. Excellent suspense and keeps you wondering till the end (5 DOGS!!). Of course there is a happy ending. Great creation of characters and creating that yearning you have for someone you just met but want more with.
Lynn Brown
A romantic thriller about a woman who has a recurring dream since childhood about a farmhouse that she's not sure she has ever been to before. The danger and mystery follow her as she tries to unravel the cause of the dreams. Many secrets are revealed and plenty of action occurs.
Deborah
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hollie's dream is back. In it, she approaches a farm house through a thick tunnel of trees. As she raises her hand to knock on the door, the dream ends and she wakes. This happens several times a night. She had this dream when she was a young girl and it eventually ended. Now it's back and her trio of elderly and rather comedic best friends convince her to work with a hypnotist. She finds the house from her dreams along with a rather reclusive man who purchased the house three years before. The ...more
Diane
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gets your attention from the start and the twist and turns keep you wondering. It was a total surprise not what I was expecting. A very interesting and exciting story. I would recommend this book to all. My favourite characters were the ladies, they are spunky and fun. I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Alison Davis
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read from this author and I'm so glad that I did. Great story line, interesting characters, twists, turns, action, mystery and romance are all wrapped up in a nice little package. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read something from her again soon!!
Dee
Jun 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5
Sharon Rudolph
Oct 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book

I really enjoyed this book! It kept me on the edge of my seat! I was so wrong in trying to figure out who was doing what! It was a good book to read.
Marlene

• A Ghostly Gig, A Lost Souls Short Story
  • Winter's Journey
  • The Grace Year
  • The Shape of Night
  • Hannah's Holiday Wish (Home for Christmas Book 6)
  • The Frame-Up (The Golden Arrow #1)
  • Pretty Dead (Elise Sandburg, #3)
  • Truly Dead (Elise Sandburg #4)
  • Practically Persuaded in Pittsburgh (Ticket to True Love)
  • Harrowing Horrors: Hanged Man
  • An Exaltation of Larks (Venery, #1)
  • The Summer Deal (Wildstone, #5)
  • Fear No Truth (Faith McClellan #1)
  • Fixer-Upper (The Russo Sisters, #3)
  • Lesson for Two (Maple Glen #5)
USA TODAY bestselling author, Maureen A. Miller's first novel, WIDOW'S TALE earned her a Golden Heart nomination in Romantic Suspense. Working in the software industry for fifteen years in a job that required extensive travel, Maureen chose to write during those lengthy airport layovers. Escapism at its best. Five novels were produced in those years of travel.

Recently, Maureen branched out into t

News & Interviews