Start by marking “The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)” as Want to Read:
The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)

The Setup

(A Bro Code Standalone)

The first day she was sitting by herself — I felt sorry for her. After all, it couldn't be easy wrangling all the testosterone at Wingman Inc as one of the only female office managers.

Published December 28th 2019 by Van Dyken Enterprises INC (first published December 26th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Setup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Setup

Start your review of The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
Willow Winters
The Setup, an all-new contemporary romance by #1 New York Times bestselling author Rachel Van Dyken, is LIVE!

The second day she literally counted her carrots during break — she had seven by the way, right along with seven sips of her drink in between taking seven tiny little bites of the first carrot.

Sarina Bowen

Meghan Quinn

Sawyer Bennett

Becca
Shelves: secret-romance
Oh what a way to end the series! Finn Titus is my absolute favorite Pleasure Pony and boy does he have som BIG secrets.

Now that all the guys are working downtown at Wingmen, Inc. Finn is the last to join the group. Being the only single guy of the group he is paired up with their office manager who also happens to be single to test the newest app for the matchmaking company. But the thing is Jill knows Finn whether he realizes it or not. She had a major crush on Mr. Titus and now she has to go o
Jessica Hawkins

queen_of_the_books_18
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m kinda sad. I don’t want it to be the end of the pleasure ponies 😭 but this book, this book was everything I wanted and more!

The Set up, was hilariously funny, the banter was on point and the side characters that we’ve come to love over the whole series, helped make the whole thing another hit from Rachel Van Dyken!

If you are looking for a light, LOL romance series to read, then this is it!
Louise Bay

Treena
3.5 to 4 Stars

I really liked Finn Titus, the hero.

Also, reading this book, makes me want to go buy and read Slater and Tatum’s story, which is the 3rd book in the series. I skipped books 2 & 3.

L.J. Shen

lazybookconqueror
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.

The last installment in the Wingman Inc Series is probably the best and the cutest of all.

Wingman Inc keeps growing and now they are ready to launch their newest dating app.
However, they need the help of a few coworkers to test any issues the app might have, and that's how Finn and Jillian find themselves going on a series of dates. But, they are just not working for them. Is it the apps fault, or is love closer than they had imagined?

Finn is the last one of Pleasure Pony standing. Ev
Krystal
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This. This was the ending that I had hoped for. And while I wish the story had been longer so it didn't have that rushed feeling that novellas often do (especially where the romance aspect is concerned), there was enough tension in this one to make it not seem like "insta-love".

I knew from the way Finn acted in the last book that he was going to be getting his comeuppance in this one, and boy did he. Not only is Jillian just the kind of feisty woman that he needs, but she is also probably the f
Kim
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the Bro Code series and I honestly think The Setup is my favorite out of all of the books! This story was fun, flirty, sexy and a fast-paced quick read that I enjoyed. The story is told in dual first-person perspectives which I really enjoy!

Finn and Jillian are working on the new Couple Creator App which will require them to go on dates with other people but go together. Little did they both know that this would set them up for an epic workplace romance! I enjoyed seeing all the “Pleasure
Jenn
Shelves: arc, romance, funny, read-2019
Super fun ending to this series! While each book can be a standalone, it’s WAY better to read them all. The friendship and camaraderie was super fun to experience.

Finn and Jillian were so sweet to watch. Refreshing actually. They tried to remain friends but that tricky heart of theirs wouldn’t have any of it.

The Setup was a quick and fast read with the right amount of laughter and love. And that last line, the one Finn whispers to her, it made my heart skip a beat.

I received an arc and this i
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I would give this book more stars for the writing because the premise of the story was VERY GOOD but I honestly felt like the book needed a little more. I left with so many questions and NO EPILOGUE!!!! **GASP** believe me I kept tapping my kindle hoping there would be a hidden epilogue somewhere, but NOPE.

For the actual story itself, I LOVED it. I loved Finn and Jillian and their chemistry and how their friends worked behind their backs to get them together. Throw Aunt Nadine's antics and a Ch
Amy Dickinson
Overall Grade: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

And she’s brought it. Rachel Van Dyken’s The Setup, the last of the stories for the Pleasure Ponies, is coming. We’ve read Knox’s, Leo’s, and Slater’s stories, all of them offering some humor, some $exy, and a lesson meant to highlight some of the challenges we face daily. Whether it’s a lesson about forgiveness, loving yourself, or creating your family with the people who love you most, the guys of Wingmen Inc. have entertained, titillated, and admonished us along the way
Sandy S
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 28, 2019

Now I'm not one to brag, or maybe I am, but math and science fascin
NICUnurse Stephanie
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Setup is the conclusion to Rachel Van Dyken’s Bro Code series, which is a spinoff of her Wingmen, Inc. series. These are all standalone titles but if you love romantic comedy books with fun and funny characters, witty and sarcastic banter, and happily ever afters, I highly recommend starting with The Matchmaker’s Playbook and reading all of the books in the series and spinoff which are all available in Kindle Unlimited.

The Setup is Finn and Jillian’s story. Both now graduated from UW, Finn a
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finn Titus is a man on a mission, one that could land in him in deep with his bosses... but when you find the girl that makes your heart skip a beat for the first time ever you have to go after her, right? But this girl comes with a few complications, namely the most important one is that she is forbidden... you don't ever date a co-worker, especially if you want to keep your job!

The Setup is a brilliantly penned office romance tale that will have you grinning and swooning the whole way through!
Booksreaderandcoffee
Shelves: arc, boss-employee
Finn and Jillian are tasked to work together in order to test the new matchmaking app. So, they have to go to double dates with other people. Things are heating up when they are enjoying more the company of each other than their date's.

Finn was a total surprise, he is so very thoughtful and kind. Jillian is the girl you want as a friend, she has great sense of humor.

As for their friends, they are the perfect addition to the story, they are always there for them to help them. I enjoyed so much
Alexandra
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and release day blitz can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

The final installment of this series had romance, humor and deeper secrets. Rachel van Dyke delivered for the holidays the best gift for her readers as she wrote about the other heroes and friends of Knox. I also enjoyed Jillian's and Finn's story.

Their chemistry was phenomenal and the hardships they had to get through were many both emotional and practical.

Kali McQuillen
Shelves: 2019-read, 2019-arc
Finn!!! These men-children of the bro codes keep me laughing!!!! Finn wants a chance and he's not used to being told no. Will he be able to change her mind before he loses his mind?

Totally laugh out loud moments with cameos throughout to remind you while you like these books so much! Would have liked it to be longer and left a few unanswered questions for me but LOVED it all the same!!!

Can't wait to see what's next from this author!
Faith89
Shelves: arc-review
Another take of the Pleasure Ponies. Fin is the final story and just like the others it was fun with a little something to learn. To Jillian, Finn was the perfect specimen. He wouldn’t look at someone like her. She finds out he is more than just his looks. They are perfect for each other and with the help of the other wingmen and Aunt Nadine they realize it too. A couple of sexy times and the usual wingman craziness make this a fun read.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Setup by Rachel Van Dyken is book four in the A Bro Code Standalone Series. This is the story of Finn and Jillian. I have read the previous books which added to my enjoyment of this one but I did think you could make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
This was a fun to funny read about people with their corks in life who are different but yet not. Finn and Jillian are set to test the new dating app for the company they are at which brings them working together more. Both are attrac
June
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Setup is a mixture of funny dialogues, at times a protective male, heartfelt moments and all around a perfect way to end a series. The witty banner between all the characters made it all the better!
The Book Lover
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Van Dyken saved the best bro for last! what a story! I loved it, it was simply perfection.
EducatedBookFreak
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have I told you how much I love RVD?!? She is a class act, which a dark and dirty side that makes you fall in love with each book she writes!! This book does not disappoint!! She has created a world of humor and steaminess that will make you laugh and need a cold shower all at the same time. Her words jump off the page and Imprint themselves forever in your heart!!

Wingman. Omg. The last book. The last target. I can’t believe they have all found women that will put up with them. This one is no d
Lisa Mandina
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed me from page one, and I was sucked in, could barely put it down, even to go to bed! I loved Finn, and his aunt was hilarious! But not just that, it was all the characters. They all were such a fun group, snarky and seemed like in a good mood for the most part. While I thought that Finn's friends and co-workers, the former "Pleasure Ponies" were all about getting him set up with Jillian to start with, it seemed maybe I was a bit off when they had the two of them sign up to test ...more
Anelise | 2kidsandagoodbook
Finn Titus’ book did not disappoint and was the perfect ending to the Bro Code series.

Finn and Jillian are opposites in the best ways and being a good tension to the story. I was always wondering what would happen next and adding the other Pleasure Ponies, Ian and Lex there was always something unexpected. Sometimes people need a little push to find their person.

Aunt Nadine is priceless. That lady is the best matchmaker and adds so much to the story with her personality and shenanigans.
Jen
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Note: An ARC was provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR.

If I could have chosen the way the Bro Code series would close, this--THIS!--would have been it! Rachel Van Dyken did NOT disappoint with the story of the last Pleasure Pony standing. The Setup was funnier than I expected--and not just because of The Bet series's Nadine Titus's presence being even more pronounced this time around--but the sprinkling of angst gave this a perfect balance, making for an equally entertaining and endeari
HP SETUP 1 2 Sep 10, 2020 03:15AM

• Fashion Jungle
  • Holiday for Hire
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Falling for the Villain
  • Mafia Casanova
  • Anyone But Cade (Anyone But..., #2)
  • Bad For Me
  • Boss Man Bridegroom (The Bromance Club #3)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Delight Me (Stark Ever After Celebration)
  • Countdown To Christmas
  • Santa Baby (Carelli Family)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
  • Bang Theory (The Bangover #2)
  • Tangled (Emerson Falls #1)
See top shelves…
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

A Bro Code Standalone (4 books)
  • Co-Ed (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)