Start by marking “Strings of the Muse” as Want to Read:

Strings of the Muse

After rescuing a fellow college student from threatening weather, Max, a singer for a campus rock band, finds he wants to know more about the girl, whose haunting beauty and sad demeanor appear to be hiding secrets.
Losing his father destroyed Adam, causing him to drink to numb his pain, until one day he sees his high school crush at the campus coffee shop, making him wond
Published October 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Strings of the Muse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strings of the Muse

Start your review of Strings of the Muse
Coco.V
May 12, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/12/2020)! 🎁
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rockstars
Strings of the Muse is a well written NA college romance that will draw you in immediately from the first page. The author has created three beautifully flawed characters who have all been hurt due to major life events and while each enlist different coping mechanisms, the one thing they all have in common is the music is running through their veins.

I love how Holland was such a kindhearted heroine and I could feel how conflicted she felt at times. Max’s rocker vibe and his steadfast loyalty to
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
STRINGS OF THE MUSE tugged at the strings of my heart in all the right ways. What I loved most about the story, was something I wasn’t too sure of at first. You see, there was 3 POVs. And with the way the story was starting out, I was sure I would hate reading 3 different takes. But honestly, it had me loving the story even more. We got 3 different stories and it absolutely made the book extra special and the characters even more so. In the end, I was happy to see a certain character got his hap ...more
Natalie Alice
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I used to read alot of YA romance but never enjoyed any. This book changed that for me.

I majorly enjoyed this story. It's a YA romance set in college and it involves three main characters. Max Adam and Holland.

The way it's written is amazing and you can feel what the characters are feeling.

Highly recommend
Heather
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
This was a good read. I thought it had a good story and I liked how the characters developed throughout it.
Sharing My
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much! I loved the connection between Max, Holland, and Adam. Adam and Holland both had problems they struggled with, especially Adam. Max is a loyal friend to Adam. Holland knew the old Adam, and is beginning to reconnect with him again, and is also bonding with her new friend, Max. Holland is conflicted about her feelings for both Max and Adam, but who is she meant to be with? I look forward to hopefully reading more about these characters.
Sharon Kay
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book took me back to college and I was able to place myself directly into the setting and immerse myself into the story as it unfolded. First and foremost, this book had wonderfully inspiring character growth and was beautifully written. I had to know what happened next for each character. They each had a past that shaped them into who they are today, and one in particular, Adam, displayed the most character development, which I love to read in books and see in movies. In short (but not to ...more
Christy Campbell
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to have an advance copy of Strings of the Muse, the latest novel by author Kristi Ayers. I was a huge fan of her first book (and still my fave) One Petal Flower. However, her latest story is just as captivating; a college romance mixed with plenty of angst. Once again, the author focuses on complex young adult emotions and weaves a tale of love, loss, and drama, which results in an ending that doesn’t disappoint.

Strings of the Muse revolves around three college kids, each with ba
Amy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Not everything is as it appears.

Holland is now at college to study music. What she didn't bargain for was meeting Max and Douglas. Or running into a ghost from her past - Adam. She clicks with them all because of their band. Max and Holland develope a quick friendship, that inches towards romance. What about her past with Adam or lack thereof. He's posturing and letting her know, he wants her. Is Holland mature enough to realize the red flags? Or will she fall under his spell of lies and destru
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good, fast paced story which is a N/A college romance. This story revolves around 3 characters, which are Max; Holland, and Adam, as each of them are flawed. My heart broke for Adam as he struggled to conquer his demons. This is a well written story which had me intrigued and hooked throughout, and I look forward to reading more from this talented author.
Dec 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, arc
Holland, a music major, reunites with Adam (a previous schoolmate) when she arrives on campus for her junior year of college. He isn’t anything like she remembered him and invites her to his band’s practice session. Adam’s best friend Max takes a shine to Holland, and things pick up from there. Max’s kind heart wooed me, and Adam annoyed the hell out of me... but read it and you can decide for yourself.
Joleen Grace
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story jumps right in. It’s a little hard to follow in the first part but soon draws you in with the drama of the triangle. I didn’t know who I wanted Holland with. The author pulls you back and forth in a good way. It was fast paced enough to keep you into it but not too fast to where you felt rushed.
Amy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great YA read. It has a great story line that kept me turning the pages and wanted to know what happened next. Great Character development throughout the book. I enjoyed this book very much.
Julie
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good fast paced college romance that revolves around 3 main characters Holland, Max and Adam. The story is full of drama, angst and struggles, particularly for Adam. This was an intriguing story and well written and developed. The plot was excellent and highly enjoyable and very entertaining.
Lisa Roberts
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great fast paced story were we hear from 3 characters that are flawed and have their own struggles to overcome and some of it is heartbreaking.This was a great story full of drama, angst that keeps you involved in the story and called Your attention to see what's next.
Chasity Williams
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adam and Holland went to high school together, Adam had a crush on Holland.
Holland is a college student and plays violin. Adam is in a band and grieving his dad's death. Max and Douglas are in the band as well. Holland and Max click really but Adam is wanting a chance with Holland. Alot of conflict, drama and a love triangle. Who will end up together? Will the band be torn apart because of Holland?
Lizzi
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A first read for me from this author. Written from 3 points of view, this story keeps you on your toes. Set in college with wonderful deep characters this story has everything you could possibly want in a YA novel!! A fantastic read!!

Tracy
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read..twists I didnt see coming..good characters
Thi
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from this author and I enjoyed very much.
Leah Blanks
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a power story I loved it so much and can't wait for more to come
Angie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book totally blind. I didnt read the blurb and I had no idea who the author was. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I truly enjoyed this story and the characters.
There is so much in this book, from one extreme to the next. Happiness, heartbreak, love and friendships lost. Each part makes you fall in love with the story and book a little bit more until your fully enthralled in every little thing.
Adam, Max and Holland are all tied to each other,past for some, present for oth
Natalie
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Highly recommend
Jacqui Norris
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from Kristi Ayers and it won't be my last. The author brought to life a story about finding out who you are and what is important. It follows Adam, Max, and Holland. Max and Adam are bandmates and Holland is the crush Adam had in high school. The story was well written and not full of angsty college brooding. It showed friends loyal to each despite their love for the same girl. The ending surprised me but also made me wish it hadn't ended. This is a must read.
Bookish
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Entertaining and interesting. This is an opposites attract read that doesn't disappoint.
Jenna
Apr 17, 2020 added it
Rtc will be posted on the blogs profile
Natalie Casey
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a book from author Kristi Ayers , but after reading this, it definitely WON'T be my last!!
What a great story about the lives of three souls who are all a little broken. All three are are musicians and attending college, but all is not what it seems!
This story will have you second guessing everything, and falling in love with them all!!!
Lisa Marie Barrera
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! STRINGS OF THE MUSE by Kristi Ayers Blew Me Away!! And she is a New Author for me!!
Three college students find themselves in a Tumble Weed of Sorts and never a Dull moment page after page.
Max a singer in a band, finds himself intrigued by a young girl lost her thoughts and unaware of her surrounding. And more determined to figure out her Story.
Holland struggling the life of a college student who her love of her violin has her questioning whether or not pursuing music is the right directio
Susan Homan
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Strings of the Muse

This is my first read by Kristi Ayers, and I will be reading more of her work. I went into this with no expectactions, and I have to say I was blown away by the story line. The characters and plot drew me in from the beginning and had me captivated so that I kept reading. It is told from multiple POV's and I think that helps you get a feel for the characters and what is happening. They are all in college. Holland is studying music and plays the violin. She does not like storms
Lisa Reynolds
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I took a chance on this book not knowing this author. I love music so that peaked my curiosity. I'm glad it did. There's so much going on in this story that it keeps you reading. About young college kids learning how to overcome past experiences in their life. Holland, Adam, Max and Doug all have music in common. Adam and Holland already knew of each other in the past but never connected until a chance run in at college. One of them is selfish, one is tired of being used, one is devoted while on ...more
Shelly Wygant
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Three people who have a passion for music. One who wants to focus on her music, one who see the girl for who she is and one who is running from his past. Three very different people are drawn together.

This was an emotional read. Each person is facing their own demons. As each of the three try to help each other it causes each other heartache and happiness.

This is a read that will have your emotions on high alert. As the story unfolds I was praying for one thins but when it didn't happen it was

• The Obsession of Father Riley (The Chronicles of Devil's Grove Book 1)
  • Waste of Handsome (Carolina Waves, #2)
  • Down to Fall (Love Happens #5)
  • Intercepted Hearts (Playing for Keeps #1)
  • The Complete Package: The Jake Davis Box Set: The Holiday Package & The Sweetest Package (Jake Davis #1-2)
  • Treyton (Savage Beasts #2)
  • Carpe Diem
  • Aaron's Heart (Lake Hope #2)
  • Instincts (Savannah PD, #1)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Tampons Aisle Five
  • The Waking of Ghosts
  • Dangerous Therapy (O'Connor Brothers #1)
  • Defenseless Hearts (Playing for Keeps #2)
  • Famous (The Power of Three Love #3)
  • I Said Yes
  • Angel of Death
  • Shielding Evanleigh
Kristi Ayers is the author of One Petal Flower and Nev. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and two kids. When she isn't writing she is working as a Registered Nurse or investigating the paranormal.

News & Interviews