Start by marking “Allowing Now: A Book of Mindfulness Poetry” as Want to Read:

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
...And goodness knows
we are all as welcome
as we ever were here,
in the holy, flowing hold of now.

This is a book of mindfulness poetry, in the tradition of Mary Oliver, Maya Angelou, John O’Donoghue, the ancient wisdoms of Rumi and the most recent inspirational Instapoets.

The thirty poems in this selection are intimately alive to the teachings offered by the smallest life
Published October 25th 2019 by Font Publications

To ask other readers questions about Allowing Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allowing Now

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Allowing Now: A Book of Mindfulness Poetry
Mala Naidoo
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

‘Allowing Now,’ is an exhilarating and thought-provoking selection of poems that speak to soothe the heart and settle the disquieted mind. The brilliance in selected imagery is evocative and pulsating, whisking the reader into the moment — the now of each word and every line. The poet’s introduction to the collection offers insight on mindfulness allowing for layered interpretations of her poems. Orna Ross has certainly rekindled my joy in celebrating the natural world, landscapes, the sacred,
Ken Goudsward
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Allowing Now is not just a collection of good poetry. It is an exercise in wellness. It is not programmatic in any way, but its intentionality both provides space for, and evokes imagery of those everyday mundane glimpses of profound beauty that are typically overlooked, overrun, and driven past.
Slow down. Breathe deeply. Read a poem.
Christine Miller
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Orna Ross's book 'Allowing Now'; A Book of Mindfulness Poetry is a collection of moments of presence, periods of inspiration and insight, and clear, deep observations of beauty and value in the everyday and the extra-ordinary.

It is the kind of book one will keep close, perhaps by the bedside, for dipping and delighting and drawing calm, joy and solace in our hectic world where allowing 'what is' can be a challenge.

Great appreciation for your talent and dedication, Orna, may there be many moments
Sondra
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a collection of meditative moments. I've been using it to ease into my days, reading a poem as I wake. And letting it tuck me in as the last thing I read at night. Beautiful. Quieting. Layered with emotive wonder.
Orna Ross
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heather

• 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World
  • Quichotte
  • Dubliners
  • The Turing Revolt: The War Against Infinity
  • The Testaments (The Handmaid's Tale, #2)
  • Stories People Love
Hello! I'm Orna Ross, an Irish novelist and poet living in London, founder of the Alliance of Independent Authors and the Creativist Club.

I write poetry or story every day and I'm also on a mission to bring digital publishing and creative business to as many people as possible, especially to creatives who may not yet understand the opportunities embedded in digital technology. (Yes, poets and