Start by marking “Trailing the Hunter” as Want to Read:
Trailing the Hunter

Trailing the Hunter

Opposition, courage, and determination.
Not the most pleasing qualities for a young, eligible woman.
But to some, her strength could mean life or death.

1661 in Norway.
Published October 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Trailing the Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trailing the Hunter

Start your review of Trailing the Hunter
Lori
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Heidi has done an awesome job!! I was loving every minute of this book and didn't want it to end!
Even though this one does have a charming feel all it's own, I still feel that Christian and Clara have a story to tell!
Our Clara once again has a heart of gold! She's irresistible, loveable and enigmatic!! (I think that's how you spell it)! I admire her very much. Always wanting to help other our dear Clara does!
I've met many new people in the town of Berg.
The way this autho
Christina
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Smart and engaging. I thought this paranormal historical romance about a witch hunter a fresh change to my usual reading. Likable, strong character. I’m glad to have read and can recommend to those who enjoy historical-fantasy.
gwendalyn _books_
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was received from the Author, in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own

1661 in southeastern Norway.

Clara Dahl has made a decision. She has seen the dread and sorrow witch-finder Angus Hill has caused in her hometown and sets out to find him. Her goal is to fight the wrongful and wicked misconceptions that have led witch hunting.

Clara is all to knowing that the witch hunter, Angus Hill fans
Carole Rae
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didn't know this was technically book 2, but it works as a standalone and you really don't have to read the other one. This caught my eye right away. First, by the cover. Second the summary.

The story follows Clara Dahl. She has seen the onslaught and sorrow the witch-finder, Angus, has caused. She decides it is time to end this and find the man. However, his influence and power is larger then she originally thought. She wants to protect and rescue the women who are in danger.

Claudia Richards
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trailing the Hunter by Heidi Eljarbo is the courageous story of Clara Dahl who tries to prevent innocent women from being burned by a witch hunter. Set in Norway in the 1600's the author creates a wonderful village of characters who soon have your interest and heart. Clara is easy to love and her desires to do good and sacrifice for others is refreshing. The story is a page turner with twists and turns. (Some outcomes made me sad.) The story is written well and the narrative flows. I also found ...more
Amy
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trailing the Hunter is a great read by Heidi Eljarbo. I loved Clara Dahl from the start. She is such a brave and courageous woman wanting to save others from being accused of witchcraft. I do not think I have read anything before set in seventeenth century Norway. It quite interesting and fascinating meeting the people of the area. It was full of suspense, action, twists and turns that I love in a book.
I am giving Trailing the Hunter four and a half stars. I highly recommend it. I loved it.
I r
Debra Miller
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Trailing the Hunter. Despite a few technical problems (such as 'pale' instead of 'pail,' the book draws you in. I felt as if I was peeking into the community of Berg as I read this book. The characters are interesting and the story well thought out, and contained some surprises. I recommend it!
Susan
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heidi gave me an advance copy for my honest opinion. I’m so glad she did. She brought an intriguing period of history to light with a variety of characters and vivid interactions between them. Trailing the Hunter has something for all readers: history, adventure, romance, and more. I’d recommend this book to any of my friends who enjoy reading.
Tifani Clark
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Trailing the Hunter by Heidi Eljarbo. Right away I was pulled in by the unique Norwegian setting and the strong characters. The attention to historical detail and surprising plot twists kept me reading to the last satisfying page.
Beth
Rachael D
Nov 06, 2019
Stephanie
Nov 11, 2019

• Bittersweet Tapestry: A Novel of Eighteenth Century Europe (The Derrynane Saga, Book Three)
  • A Convenient Fiction (Parish Orphans of Devon, #3)
  • Sisters of Shadow and Light (Sisters of Shadow and Light, #1)
  • The Weaver (Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • Life on Loan
  • The Almanack
  • Shadowplay
  • The Winter Sisters
  • A Sanctuary of Spirits (Spectral City, #2)
  • The Blue Pendant (The Sackville Hotel Trilogy #1)
  • The Bride of Northanger: A Jane Austen Variation
  • This Son of York
  • To Tame a Scandalous Lady (Once Upon A Scandal, #3)
  • Disenchanted
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Emperor's Assassin
  • The Night Weaver
  • The Christmas Eve Secret - A Time Travel Romance: (Book 3) The Christmas Eve Series
Heidi Eljarbo grew up in a home filled with books and artwork and she never truly imagined she would do anything other than write and paint. She studied art, languages, and history, all of which have come in handy when working as a freelance writer, magazine journalist, and painter.
After living in Canada, six US states, Japan, Switzerland, and Austria, Heidi now calls Norway home. She and her hus