Start by marking “Dark Protector (Dark Tide Chronicles 2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Protector (Dark Tide Chronicles 2)

Dark Protector (Dark Tide Chronicles 2)

Gideon is head of security for Greyson Black in the supernatural community of Devil Falls. The only thing he looks forward to is being in the company of Ximena Black. She’s intelligent, beautiful, caring and full of light. And his mate.

Gideon suffers from an affliction known as the darkness and has no intention of sharing that part of himself with her. The path he walks is
ebook, 1st, 309 pages
Published August 9th 2019 by M.A. Gonzales

To ask other readers questions about Dark Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Protector

Start your review of Dark Protector (Dark Tide Chronicles 2)
D.M.
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Strong alpha and a lady who knows her mind. Er yes please! I’ve been waiting to read this for a while and I’m so glad it didn’t disappoint. This is the second book in the series and both instalments are great.

This starts with a mission which takes us straight into the heat of the action. Gideon isn’t looking for his mate but Ximena gets under his skin. When he brings a new case to her door he can’t help taking an interest.

This is gritty, raw, hot as hell and addictive. It’s available on KU and
Jenn
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Book two for this fantastic series and I couldn’t put it down! I highly recommend that you read book 1 ( dark rising) first as this continues from there.

Ximena is a quiet scientist who works for her older brothers and Gideon is the bodyguard who’s assigned to keep her safe from an old enemy and an evil drug. However sparks fly between these two, even though Gideon is determined to stay away out of some misguided noble reasons. I spent time rooting for them and getting frustrated by his steel
Kodie Mackay
I do love myself a good pnr romance and I have a good feeling about this series.

Gideon and Ximena are quite the couple. She's his friend and employers sister. He's her bodyguard. The nerdy hot scientist and the broody dark alpha make for an interesting mixture.

This is quite the interesting story. In a supernatural town of crazy's it's safe to say their journey to happy wasn't going to be smooth sailing. Add in that there's an evil brother and his merry band of evils after them you can be sure
Kathy
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well book 2 is just as good as book 1 in this series and we get to keep the gang together. That is one thing I enjoy about series, keeping the characters within every story so you don't lose touch. Gideon is very dark and deep down he isn't sure if he can keep his beast at bay. He is so very attracted to Xi but doesn't want to get too close because he feels she is too good for him. Xi is so in love with Gideon but doesn't feel that he looks at her any other way besides her bodyguard. Will these ...more
ROMBookTalk
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

M.A. Gonzales is a new to me writer.
Dark Protector is about Gideon and Xi. Xi, is the sexy scientist, who is trying to find out what the new drug Z is all about. The drug is having unusual side effects on humans. Gideon is her strong moody bodyguard, that also is her mate and trying to fight off the darkness inside of him. Xi, willing and waiting to have him mated to her, but Gideon and unexpected forces is not letting that happen.

Dark Protector was an interesting story. It had all the
Megan Klose
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Haven't read the first book in this series but I think I would have gotten a bit more out of the book if I had. This is able to be read as a stand alone but I would recommend reading in order as there is an ongoing storyline. Some parts the writing was a bit off such as they were on the bed then it was the couch then back with our them actually moving but it didn't take away from the story. It was different from what I am used to even for paranormal romance but I enjoyed it. You have Gideon who ...more
Linda Levine
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Gideon and Ximena's story.

He is fighting so hard to do what is right and to protect Xi from his darkness. She is tired of fighting the attraction to her brother's best friend. Now, they are battling enemies too.

I really liked the romance between them. The heat between them is intense. They really have a strong connection that they both have tried to deny. He believes she's better off without him but she thinks he just doesn't want her. She has some self esteem issues.

I liked
Kristine Maria Meadows
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Protector

I didn’t know I was reading book 2 of the series, it’s a stand-alone but you can sense in the story that there’s one before this book. I read this book not knowing what’s of it.

I was gifted kindly to read Dark Protector. This book is a page turner and intense...the way she’d written their story... you can physically feel their feelings for each other...so much angst...drama...full of action and intense.

It’s been awhile since I’ve read a supernatural story and I enjoyed Dark
Jenniekenn
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An awesomely hot second story in the series. This is Gideon and Ximena’s story. Xi is Greyson’s (book 1) sister. The chemistry between them was OFF THE CHARTS. I loved all the detail in this story and all the interesting paranormal characters. This book is super hot but has some touching moments that made me say awww and even tear up. I won’t give away much but I love the battle at the end and that is where I also teared up. Loved Elora as always...she’s such a kick ass woman who doesn’t take ...more
Jenn
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow , wow. What a great second in the series book from M.A focusing on Gideon and Ximena mostly. It carries on beautifully from book 1 in the series which is a must read. The sex scenes are amazing, written so well but if you're shy be prepared! Lol. I found myself relating to Xi so much so it was like being apart of the story at times. I've found it hard to put the book down and will look forward to the next in the series. Thank you M.A again for another amazing book. xx
Barbara
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book two in the Dark Tide Chronicles series a well written story that I enjoyed reading. Gideon is head of security for Greyson Black for the supernatural community of Devil Falls and Ximena Black who works at the County Morgue is his Mate. There is suspense, drama, danger, zombie like creatures, demon hybrids, vampires, and romance. I enjoyed reading this book.
Elisha Bramblett
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
M.A. Gonzales has done it again! A sexy, steamy , read, full of action, adventure, love and sex. The second book in the Dark series this is one you don't want to miss! This is a dark romance so if that isn't your thing you might reconsider this book. For myself I can't wait for the next book in this series!
Beverly
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take the leap, and get into this dark paranormal world and you'll find yourself as entranced as I am. The author's vivid imagination has created a world with creatures that I got drawn into quickly and wanted more of. My heart breaks for Gideon. He has such altruistic motives and tries to shield Xi from his darkness and want of her. I liked the strength Xi showed
and her determination to help Gideon. Steamy, action packed, and some tears. Wanting more!!!
Jacinta
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good story that nicely continues from the first book in the series and is a great addition to what is shaping up to be a fantastic series of books. The world is coming on nicely and while some of the alternative spellings of some things is a bit of a distraction, I didn't feel like it detracted from the story in any way.
Jodi
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! The author, M.A. Gonzales, did a great job bringing the characters to life. I highly recommend this book. Five stars from me. I received an arc of this book for my honest review of this story.
Chasidy Martin
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
M.A. Gonzales has done it again!! This book has kept me on my toes, wanting more!!! My emotions all over the place!!
Ellen Mills
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! I couldn't put this book down I was hooked. The chemistry between Gideon the bodyguard & Ximena the hot scientist is off the scale but he will not give Into the attraction convinced she is too good for him & not wanting darkness inside of him hurting her. They are each others mate their kindred. He can't keep his hands off her one minute then telling her it shouldn't have happened leaving her each time. She loves him & convinced they are meant to be together wanting him to be ...more
Karrie Connely
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She does it again. Book 2 is just as fantastic as the first. Another sexy & hot story I couldn’t put down. Absolutely loved reading this story.
Pamela Reyes
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love & Trust wins all

I choose this rating because I absolutely loved this book even though I never read the first one I had no trouble getting into this one, it was a fantastic read. Thank you M.A. Gonzales. .
Rebecca Martin
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you like hot alpha males and paranormal this book is a must-read!

This is book 2 in the series and I would definitely recommend reading them in order so you know all the characters and paranormal creatures.

You get to see the characters from book 1 but this is all focussed on the gorgeous hunk Gideon - fighting his own demons and darkness to protect his fated mate against all odds. But Ximena feels like he keeps pushing her away and she's determined to show him just how great they could be
Chaos Book Reviews.
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Let me start by saying this story will not be for everyone.
If your interested in a new take on supernatural and somethings that are completely out there yet maybe close to reality, then you would probably like this book and it's predecessor.
Keep an open mind while your reading.

In saying that, I liked this book. The base line was epic, at times it was funny, but mostly it was serious.
This story was slow to start, sorta like a recap on the first book if you didn't read it, if you did the
Jennifer Soppe
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A few new twists

Ximena, a medical examiner, is guarded by Gideon, a bodyguard struggling with darkness, when the threat of her brother Micah is identified. As the story progresses a game of push and pull ensues, drastic measures are taken, and a perceived betrayal could end the fragile bond they have formed. M.A. Gonzales’ Dark Protector picks up the Dark Tide Chronicles and adds a few new twists. I have to wonder what she has in store for the rest of the series.

I received a free copy of the
blushingbookishbabe
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Protector is book 2 in the Dark Tide Chronicles and I would definitely recommend reading them in order.

A new take on the paranormal world in this dark, steamy, action packed story that will leave you wanting more! I LOVED this book and the characters. I love the world M.A. created and I can't wait for the next book.

I highly recommend this book!

*I was gifted a copy for an honest review.*
Lisa Lopez
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read one page a day so it took forever to finish it. I love this world that MA had built!! It is exciting, sexy, full of great characters and just getting better with each book in the series. I highly recommend this book and book #1 ( Dark Rising). I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
Brenda
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think it'd get much better then the first one, but Dark Protector completely slayed it.
A great story line with amazing character growth.
Dark Protector is steamy, swoony and action packed. I didn't want to put it down.

I can't wait for the next one!
Marti E
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Must read!

Really good storyline and awesome action . Now I have to read the rest of the series to find out what happens to the rest of the crew.
Karry
Nov 05, 2019
Winnie
Aug 16, 2019

• Five Dates Only
  • Forbidden Seduction (Forbidden #6)
  • Twisted Fairytales
  • Night Visions (The Gods Of Night #1)
  • Wrecked
  • Protect and Service (Paranormal Protection Agency #2)
  • The Vow (North Woods University #4)
  • Tristan's Lyceum Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #3)
  • Hate You Less: A Contemporary Romance Box Set
  • Her Wolf Protectors
  • A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry, #1)
  • Forbidden Kiss (Carson Cove Scandals, #1)
  • Dr. Feelgood: A Medical Romance (Healing Hands Book 1)
  • Secret Indiscretions (Carson Cove Scandals, #2)
  • Alpha Bully (Wolf Ridge High, #1)
  • Zeke (Alpha Geek #2)
  • Return of the Wolf (Damaged Pack Shifters)
  • The Royal Arrangement (The Rebel Queen Duet, #1)
M.A Gonzales loves writing stories full of erotic passion with vampires, hot alpha male shifters, Thasophilians and other species that will leave you panting for more, and contemporary stories that will leave you believing that love does in fact conquer all.

A lover of all things romantic and funny, when she's not writing you can find her reading, watching movies, and trying not to indulge in too