Start by marking “Behind Every Lie” as Want to Read:

Behind Every Lie

If you can’t remember it, how do you prove you didn’t do it?

Eva Hansen wakes in the hospital after being struck by lightning and discovers her mother, Kat, has been murdered. Eva was found unconscious down the street. She can’t remember what happened but the police are highly suspicious of her.

Determined to clear her name, Eva heads from Seattle to London—Kat’s former home
Expected publication: February 4th 2020 by Gallery Books (first published 2020)

Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends
Christina McDonald will be joining us for Q & A in the Behind The Pages Group. She will be giving us a sneak peak into Behind Every Lie, some spoiler free insight to The Night Olivia Fell and talk about her writing process!

Join us September 21 @ 5:00pm EST for a live Q & A with Christina. If you would like to ask her a question or share some love please add any comments. You can join the group or view the discussion here

Tucker
Jun 30, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
AHHHHHHHH a covvvvvverrrrrrr! it's soooo pretty
******************
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there is a titlee
Talon
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just know Christina McDonald is forever an author that I will always automatically read. So far as I finish up her second book-- I love how she creates such dynamic mother / daughter relationship stories. The type of relationships that don't often seem as they appear. The deeper you dig, the more you find out about not just one character but each one.

I think my absolute FAVE part of this entire book was the way it was written. I loved the past and present POV's and how it wove the story togeth
CloudOfThoughts_Books Keirstin
Behind Every Lie by author Christina McDonald is another thrill of a book! She catches us off guard in the best way possible and throws us through a great thriller novel! Loved this and absolutely recommend! Full review to come closer to release date.

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
DeAnn
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
4.5 lightning-struck stars

This thrill-a-minute tale kept me guessing the whole time.

Full review to come closer to publication in February 2020. I recommend putting it on your radar!
Ludwig
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Behind Every Lie, McDonald catches us off guard on the very first page, and throws us into an unexpected moment of perturbation, providing an immediate adrenaline rush with a cinematic, heart-thudding, bloody scene. Eva was struck by lightning, they tell her, but that isn't the worst of it - Eva might've been the one who killed her own mother.

The author's writing is taut and focused, writing more for suspenseful depth and atmosphere than speed - still managing to provide a pacy, entertaining
Valerie Dryer
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There should be a title "can't wait to read!"
Reads a Latte Thrillers
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having recently read The Night Olivia Fell, I was beaming about the opportunity to read and review Behind Every Lie. I admit, I was guarded going into this book. After all, my personal bar had been set pretty high after The Night Olivia Fell and I wondered, could lightening really strike twice with the same author (you’ll understand this pun a little better when you read the book) Fortunately, luck has nothing to do with it. When you can write a deep story as compelling as Behind Every Lie, you ...more
Susan Peterson
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christina McDonald has followed up her debut novel, The Night Olivia Fell, with another fabulous book.
Christina has taken psychological suspense to a whole new level with Behind Every Lie. The story was riveting and shocking, with scenes that had me catching my breath, my heart racing. There were lies upon lies, startling revelations, intricate details that kept me turning pages.
But there was so much more to this book than a compelling story—there is a depth and beauty to this story that was a
Stephani Beltran
Loved her debut so I absolutely can’t wait to read this one!
Laura Peden
Written by Christina McDonald
Rating – 4.5/5
Genre – Fiction, Mystery, Suspense, Psychological Thriller
Expected February 4, 2020

I would like to start by saying I have truly come to appreciate Christina McDonald as an author. Her debut novel, “The Night Olivia Fell” is one I often recommend and “Behind Every Lie” will be as highly recommended as the first, it did not fail. Full review to come closer to the review date. LOOKOUT FOR THIS BOOK!

Christina McDonald has a talent of weaving
Jolene
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow!!! This was definitely a fantastic read. I was a little worried if it would be as good as her first book The Night Olivia Fell, but I think it surpassed it. I was hooked from the first page. Suspense right from the beginning. This story goes back and forth from the present to the past, which I don't always enjoy.
However in this book I was eager to go back and forth trying to fit all the pieces together as each timeline was just as interesting and suspenseful as the other.

Christina McDona
Melissa Young
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was beautifully written and the vivid descriptions made it easy to envision what was going on. There were many twists and turns that kept me enthralled and unable to put this book down. Christina McDonald created another winner. Can’t wait to see what she has in store next.
The story is told from 2 points of view. Eva, present day and her mom Kat both past and present.
The story begins with Eva in the hospital after having been struck by lightning and she was found down the s
Misty
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I squealed when I saw Christina McDonald had another book coming out and I could not click fast enough on this one. Much like her debut I was on the edge of my seat until the very end with this one. Some twists are predictable but others will take you by surprise and you'll have to catch your breath.

McDonald has once again woven a story at the perfect pace to keep her readers engaged. Secrets are revealed at the most timely spots and POV timeframes switched at the perfect opportunity to give us
Melissa Young
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michelle
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
I had a really hard time with this book. If it were something I purchased or took out at the library, I would have DNF'ed it ten percent through. But I was determined to see it through since it was a NetGalley title.

The positives: I love the cover and the premise is a tremendous hook. Strained mother daughter relationships? The mother is brutally murdered and the daughter is the prime suspect? But she was struck by lightning and so doesn't remember? That's all pretty darn interesting. There are
Cathryn Northfield
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Absolutely loved this book, couldn’t put it down! So many brilliant twists and turns, keeping me in suspense throughout. With some heart wrenching and jaw dropping moments along the way. I just love Christina’s style of writing and the way it draws you in and you can picture the setting and characters just perfectly with the description given.

The story starts with Eva Hansen waking after being struck by lightning to find out her mother has been murdered. The book then takes you on an emot
Donna Hines
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
"We can be strong and brave and broken and whole all at the same time."
Eva has just woken up from a nightmare and is seeking more than just answers as she deserves the TRUTH!
Was it really a lighting strike or was is something more and what about her mysterious past and her new found information pertaining to her mom.
To make a long story short she travels from Seattle to London in search of answers about her mom and her past.
Meanwhile violent memories emerge and new recollections persist to be br
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars across the board! 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
If I could pick the best thriller of the year, Christina McDonald would definitely win with Behind Every Lie!

Anyone looking for a intense, gripping and just a mind blowing story, then this is the book for you! Christina's book is full of so many twists and turns that I was on the edge of my seat with every page I turned.

Backstory Eva Hansen wakes up in the hospital and she has no idea how she there. All she knows is what the police are telling her and that is
Sharon C
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love when a book captures me in the very first chapter as Behind Every Lie did. Eve awakes in a hospital after being struck by lightning only to discover that her mother has been murdered and she is a prime suspect. From there, the storyline progresses through two POVs: Eve in the present trying to solve the mystery of her mother's murder and Kat, the mother, telling her story from 25 years ago forward to the night she was killed. This is a strong thriller/suspense offering, but it is also the ...more
Sharon Tucker
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
#Behind Every Lie #Net Galley

When Eva Hansen wakes up in the hospital after being struck by lightening with no memory of the immediate past, she gets very stressed! And with good reason - she is being accused of stabbing her mother to death.

She need to get some answers. But has her whole life been directed by lies? The answer to that takes her on a whirlwind trip, not only to clear her name but to find out who she really is and why she has had to live behind all these lies.

I selected this book b
Bonnie Franks
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The premise here is great. Eva wakes up and finds out her mother has been murdered. In addition, it seems she is a suspect.

She can't remember anything as she has been struck by lightning. The book goes back and forth between her mother's story and her story. The characters are interesting characters in their own right, the writing is good. It kept me on my toes.

I did suspect a few people along the way, and I was wrong. I love that. It's what we read this type of book hoping for. If we figure it
Jen McCarthy
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley for an advanced copy of Behind Every Lie!

Oh my goodness! This was just such a great book! Christina McDonald has done it again. As if “The Night Olivia Fell” wasn’t good enough, here comes “Behind Every Lie”. There was just so many great parts to this book. It had just the right amount of shocking twists and lies and family love and betrayal and happiness. Reading the lies of Eva’s life, her finding out who she really is the same time as us, was unputdownable. I couldn’t stop
Jill Burgin
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book I’ve ever read where the story is dependent on the title character having been struck by lightning. Struck by lightning minutes after her mother is murdered. Struck by lightning and suspected of murdering her mother. Because, it seems when you are struck by lightning the memory can go, can give you flashbacks, can make you a different personality. This is actually a really good thriller where Eva feels the need to discover her mothers secrets here and in England to solve the murder sh ...more
Renee
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christina McDonald is an amazing author. Having read "The Night Olivia Fell" her debut novel I needed to read this one too. Her writing is wonderful you really feel the connection that the characters have to each other. The story jumps from past to present throughout. Eva is struck by lightning and wakes up to find that her mother has been murdered. Eva needs to find out who had done it. She needs to find out the truth but someone is trying to make that impossible for her. Eva doesn't know who t ...more
Norma * Traveling Sister
Sep 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Christina McDonald will be joining us for a Q & A in the Behind The Pages with The Traveling Friends Group. She will be giving us a sneak peek into BEHIND EVERY LIE, some spoiler free insight to THE NIGHT OLIVIA FELL and talk about her writing process!

To join us you can find the group here:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Simone Barrett
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It was suspenseful from beginning to end. The telling from the main character’s perspective and the backstory from the mother’s perspective leading up to present really tied the events together. I felt awful for the main character because her life turned out to be a mystery she had to solve on her own and pretty much all the people she trusted were not what they seemed. Thankfully, she was able to get some closure and reconnect with people she lost touch with. I definitely rec ...more
Alicia Schaefer
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Could you imagine waking up in the hospital having been struck by lightening only to be told you're suspected of murdering your own mother? And with no memory of what happened?

Christina McDonald has once again created another thrilling story based around a complicated mother-daughter relationship. Determined to clear her name, Eva Hanson starts digging for answers. The deeper she digs, the more unbelievable her own story becomes. A fabulous book - full of family secrets, a mother's love, and hu
About this author
Christina McDonald is the USA Today bestselling author of The Night Olivia Fell (Simon & Schuster/Gallery Books), which has been optioned for TV by a major Hollywood studio. Her next book, Behind Every Lie, is out Feb 2020. Her writing has been featured in The Sunday Times, Dublin, USAToday.com, and Expedia. Originally from Seattle, WA, she has an MA in Journalism from the Nat