Start by marking “Announcing Trouble” as Want to Read:

Announcing Trouble

I may know everything there is to know about baseball, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Or like him. Garrett Reeves: sidelined player and the embodiment of everything I’ve learned to hate about baseball. He’s gorgeous, he’s cocky, he’s laser-focused on getting back in the game, no matter the cost.

When he convinces me to call games alongside him, our chemistry heats
Published August 5th 2019 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Crush)

To ask other readers questions about Announcing Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Announcing Trouble

Susan's Reviews
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A spectacular, fun, engrossing read about choices, about taking chances and the consequences of following your dreams: Announcing Trouble is, for me, a 10 out of 5 star novel: truly a stellar read!

Where to begin? There is so much I want to say about this fabulous YA story and how pleased I am to have found yet another emotionally intelligent and gifted author in Amy Fellner Dominy.

Josie Walters is strong-minded: love had burned her badly and now she is determined to follow her mother’s example a
D.M.
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and will definitely read more of this author. The writing style is catchy.

Baseball and Josie are a no go. They do not mix. Her best friend has developed a new crush. The no baseball rule is about to take a curve ball. Josies’s dad left them for the love of the sport. That leaves Joise with two things, an outstanding knowledge of baseball and a chip on her shoulder.

Garret is an injured player. He’s using his recovery time to commentate the game. His co-presenter is not
Samantha (WLABB)
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

There was a famous baseball player from back in the day, who I need to steal a line from, because lately, baseball's been very, very good to me. I have recently read a quite a few fantastic baseball books, and I am adding Announcing Trouble to that list.

No lie, I was laughing and wearing a stupid grin for almost the entirety of this book, the other parts, I was wiping a few tears from my eyes. It was a really great emotional experience for me, and I attribute that largely to the
Taylor
Thank you so much to Entangled Publishing, LLC (Crush), Chapter by Chapter Blog Tours, and the author for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

"For most of my life, I loved baseball as much as I loved my dad. Now, I hate it as much as I hate my dad."

Joe "Josie" Walters (clearly) hasn't had an easy childhood. Forced to relocate every few years while her father chased his dream of playing professional ball, Josie was used to changing things up and spending lots of time at
TSN
This has everything I like about YA, and I'm so happy I read it.

It has a sports oriented plot, yes, but with a refreshingly and unique angle. Josie seriously hates baseball, and Garrett is an injured baseball player, who might never play again. So instead of focusing on playing the game, it's about them collaborating on broadcasting games.

It was fun, adorable and contained some amazing banter between Garrett and Josie. Garrett's charm is of the chart while he tries to gain her trust.

☛ I requeste
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelly
This book was literally every single thing that I love about YA romance.

It. Was. Adorable.
And sweet.
And heartfelt.
And emotional in a way that I wasn’t really expecting, but that deeply resonated with me.

I was won over immediately by the banter. These are smart, funny, wholly relatable characters. I loved the chemistry between Josie and Garrett. I loved the way they connected and the authentically playful way they flirted, teased, and inevitably fell for each other. I loved how, even when I wante
Colleen's Conclusions
This book was adorable, cute and fluffy. It was a good read to read in the summer and I think it’s perfect for fans of Kasie West. I really liked the writing style because it was easy to get into and I finished the book quickly.

The characters were also likeable. I loved the enemies to lover trope. This book will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy! I highly recommend this book if you’re looking for something light and engaging to read this summer.

Thank you Netgalley and publishers for the chance to
Lindy
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

Announcing Trouble was a fast-paced, cute, and sweet story layered with humor, depth and emotion. It was a story that made me smile, laugh, swoon, and tear up. It made my heart hurt for the female lead Josie, and made me adore the male lead, Garrett.

Josie use to love Baseball. It was the way she bonded with her father, and a passion that they both shared. However, he ended up abandoning her and her mother, so that he could chase his dream without strings attached. Since that fateful
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books
Books that have to do with sports are kind of my jam, so it was fun diving back into the young adult world with this contemporary romance from Amy Fellner Dominy. Also, it's the perfect time of year to read a book about baseball! Even though, I'm sorry this sport is so boring to me still! Sorry, I'm not sorry.

I was immediately hooked with this novel because I just loved the banter between Josie and Garrett. It made my little
Sharon
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a light and easy read; it was sweet and had me hooked from the very first page.

Josie and Garrett were written beautifully! Josie has no interest in baseball at all after her father left her for the game, Injured Garrett lives for baseball and dreams of pursuing it as a career; when an opportunity arises for Josie to call games alongside Garrett she is hesitant but she soon finds herself enjoying it and also spending time with him.

Josie was quick-witted, stubborn, determined and a h
Garden Of REden
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**OFF THE CHARTS**
**CASSIE'S REVIEW

Announcing Trouble came out of left field for me and I am so glad it did. I chose to sign up on a whim seeing it was a YA romance with baseball elements and I was intrigued from the first scene. Rather than focus on characters who actually play, we get almost all of the baseball action through the commentating booth. I haven’t come across a sports romance that dealt with the sportscaster type and that made this book new and exciting.

Josie would be the more scor
diana
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is originally posted on My Bookish Escapades.

It's official. I've just found the cutest, sweetest and most adorable book I'll most assuredly read over and over again.

I've read tons of YA contemporaries so finding one that really stands out is rare. But holy shit, this book was EVERYTHING. I have never loved anything as much as I love this.

Josie and Garrett stole my heart from the very start. The banter, the chemistry, the humor- it was everything I needed. I mean, yes sure, I unders
Becky Rendon
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Announcing Trouble...

"Annnnnnnnnnd next at bat is Josie 'Safe' Walters. Josie comes from a baseball family. She really seems to know her stuff. Watch how she takes a cautious step back, 'Safe' at all times. No risks for this girl!

But on the mound we have Garrett Reeves, some of you may remember Reeves was pulled for an injury. We are definitely going to be watching him for weaknesses or any changes in his play. "

" 'Too right,' says a higher pitched voice. 'Reeves is definitely a wild card for
Sara Oxton
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Announcing Trouble by Amy Fellner Dominy a five-star read that will have you shouting from the booths. This is such a sweet romance, it has got it all in the story, the banter and teasing as we as the ticking just make this such a good read. Garrett has a love of baseball that leaps of the page, it gives you a passion and makes you take note not just of the game. When you add in the announcing competition and the will they wont they aspect of the story and you have the makings of a really great ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the publisher through Chapter by Chapter in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Entangled: Crush and Chapter by Chapter!

Announcing Trouble
is a Young Adult Contemporary Romance about Josie and Garrett. Josie has sworn off anything that has to do with baseball until Garrett… He changes everything for her.

Announcing Trouble is the first book I’ve read by Amy Fellner Dominy and I loved it! I love reading books about sports with a funny main character an
Tamara
*I received a free copy of this ebook from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Maybe 4.5 stars. I was surprised by how much I liked this book. It's typically hard for me to rate a contemporary YA romance above 3 stars, but this one hit it out of the park (couldn't resist that--haha). And there's just something about sports books that always draws me in, despite my lack of enthusiasm about sports in real life.

Josie and Garrett are fantastic, individually and together. They complement
Angel - Angel Reads
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an earc of Announcing Trouble by Amy Fellner Dominy from Entangled Publishing: Crush via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way influenced my thoughts and feelings about the book.

I didn't hadn't heard too much about Announcing Trouble but it when it came up on NetGalley, I knew that I needed it. Announcing Trouble follows Josie Walters as she tries to get through her last year of school. But when her best friend convinces Josie to go to a school baseball game
Samantha || Fictionally Sam
"It makes sense that when she finally decided to fall in lust, she'd fall hard."

This book is the perfect example of the kind of stories that made me fall in love with romance growing up. Told through the heroines perspective, Announcing Trouble, follows Josie through her last semester as a high school student--her future all planned out for safety, comfort, and absolutely no baseball. But when her best friend gains a crush on one the baseball athletes, Josie finds herself not only the new colo
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)

Rating: 4.5 stars

For a cold day in hell, it's unseasonably warm.

Announcing Trouble hooked me in from the very first sentence. That doesn't happen often. Something about it just clicked with me, maybe because I've been feeling like the world as a whole (and my own world) has taken a bizarre turn, but it's still summer. (But who are we kidding, this bizarre turn started back in 2016.) And it kept me on the line, both with witty banter and some solid girl power.

In Announcing Trouble, we have Josie
Krystianna
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Announcing Trouble, I can honestly say that I have yet to dislike a book from Entangled Teen's Crush imprint! Announcing Trouble was such a great summer read for many reasons.

what i liked:

The amount of baseball in this book. As an athlete from a young age, I love seeing sports represented in YA. I also loved the whole backstory with
Meg Miller
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Josie's dad is a baseball player who chased major league success throughout her entire childhood, and he ended up leaving her and her mom behind because making it to the bigs meant that much to him. Since he left, Josie has avoided anything at all to do with the sport. But then her best friend talks her into being her wing woman at one of their high school's baseball games, and Josie overhears the students doing the announcing and commentary. One of them is pretty good, but one is just
Jennifer H.
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC (Crush)! I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

In need of a color commentator for the high school baseball games, Garrett Reeves is at a loss. Until Josie Walters literally storms into the broadcasting booth and his life. Sarcastic, smart, and quick, she's exactly what he's been looking for. Too bad she doesn't want anything to do with him or the sport.

Josie Walters lost her smile
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“His hesitation is proof that I’m right. I don’t want a guy who has to think about it. I want a guy who wants me. More than anything.”

Wow. I mean this in the best way possible but that was so much better than I expected. I thought the story had the perfect mixture of being humorous and realistic. Not too deep but enough to get all the feels when a character was going through what I would consider, painful. Painful memories. Sometimes the book had a good dose of angst (which I loved!). You can ne
Lynn Reynolds
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Josie Walters doesn’t like it but she knows a lot about sports. Garrett Reeves gives her a chance to see if she’s got the chops to do the job. He seems to enjoy dangling a carrot in front of her. Giving up doesn’t seem to be part of his vocabulary. Josie has a great friend named Mai and she will give you plenty of chuckle moments. I didn’t think Josie’s mom was half bad especially since she watches one of my favorite programs.

As I read and get to know Josie, I have to wonder if
Viv
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-reads
Listen, I don't think I'll ever have anything but good things to say about (most) Entangled Crush novels. Are they a little cliche? Try "a lot". Am I okay with that? More than okay.
Announcing Trouble is a story about a girl with a few....things against baseball for a number of reasons. So, when she somehow ends up being a baseball announcer alongside a guy she's determined to hate for what he represents. Garrett Reeves. Ex baseball player who's determined to get back into the game. Cocky, and r
Emmie
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Baseball was everything to Josie until the day her father left, taking her love for the game with him. After being dragged to her school’s baseball game Josie can’t sit and listen to the poor commentating and after barging her way in finds herself calling the rest of the game beside Garrett Reeves, a side-lined player and embodiment of everything Josie has learned to hate ab
Elaine
This is a delightful teen romance involving baseball, baseball players - and a young lady determined not to have anything to do with baseball players after her baseball playing father left to follow his baseball playing dreams, abandoning her and her mother. Oh, did I say it has a lot to do with baseball?

Josie Walters had shadowed her father and loved everything to do with baseball until he chose to follow the game rather than her. Now she's determined to keep herself safe and never have anythin
Olivia Farr
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Making me smile all the way through, ANNOUNCING TROUBLE was a pure delight. Josie is almost eighteen with an enormous chip on her shoulder. After the way her baseball-obsessed father treated her and her mother, Josie has stayed away from baseball entirely. However, her BFF Mai is crushing on a guy from the team, and Josie ends up at a game. When one of the broadcasters makes another inaccurate statement, Josie heads up to the booth to tell him off, and she ends up getting offered his spot.

While
Natasha
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Josie may know everything there is to know about baseball. But that doesn't mean she likes it. Or like Garrett- who is a player sidelined broadcasting the home games. When he convinces Josie to help commentary their chemistry heats up in the booth. The back and forth, and banter. They are good together. After hating baseball for so long, Josie realizes that she may be starting to like the game again. And Garrett. Which could be a problem. When Garrett needs to decide on their future, or a second ...more
Krystianna
Exclusive Excerpt:

We meet on my
driveway with plenty of space between us. He’s completely still, and yet I can
feel the thrum of him...the thrum in myself because he’s near.

Why him? Why
is it him who makes me feel like this?

His face is in
shadows, his hair dark gold in the porch light. I don’t want him here, and yet
there’s no one I’d rather be with.
« previous 1 3 next »
Hi! I'm the author of novels for teens and tweens as well as picture books for toddlers. I love writing stories that will make you laugh, sigh, swoon...and if I break your heart I promise to patch it up by the end. :) New in YA romance: ANNOUNCING TROUBLE: There's no crying in baseball. But no one said anything about kissing.

I live and sweat in Phoenix, Arizona with my hubby and a puppy who is tr